GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:10:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How did you start watching GG?
It's tuesday night. There's nothing good on TV. Suddenly you see GG and you like it. - 56 (26.5%)
A friend of you told you about it. - 54 (25.6%)
You've watched it since the first epiosde. - 50 (23.7%)
[option added on 8/6/06] You got hooked after you saw a comercial - 2 (0.9%)
[option added on 8/6/06] Other (please specify) - 49 (23.2%)
Total Voters: 208

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you start watching GG?  (Read 100664 times)
hockeychic0825
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2007, 07:43:13 pm »

i wasnt a regular at first then i started watching the re-runs of the fith season over the summer and loved the show sence!

*~aNnA~* 
made by lucie
 [img]http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/iYgilmore/?action=view&current=together-in-the-end.jpg[/img}
Charly Hayden
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2007, 05:31:28 am »

I choose other becaus, it could seems fool but, the first time that I've seen this show I don't like it very much bu some weeks later I started to watch a tv shows becaus I like the story of this girls and this boys who love each other but they haven't already tell. Next I've discovered that their name was Rory and Dean and that this was the show that I didn't like first....so I started to watch it and I fall totally in love with all Stars Hollow....But now also reviewing the first episode it seems different from the rest of the series! it give me this impression ... pilot dont give me the same emoctions that all the other episodes of this series that is simply amazing

LoganLover2
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2007, 02:38:53 pm »

i chose other because i started watching it on abc family. i was watching it for a while anmd then i decided to but the dvds and get caught up. i started watching the new episodes at the end of season 5.  i think it was "how many kropogs to cape cod."

Melly721
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2007, 10:09:49 pm »

I was randomly flipping channels on a Sunday night during the summer of '03 and caught a "Gilmore Girls Beginnings" episode. I've been hooked ever since!

"Lorelai: Kirk asked me out.
Rory: Shut up!
Lorelai: Yesterday.
Rory: That's so sweet!
Lorelai: Rory!
Rory: What are you gonna wear? Ooh, you should wear your dress with the ponies on it, I bet he likes ponies!"
xashleyx
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2007, 11:23:26 am »

i chose other. i always knew about gilmore girls but i put it on once and hated it but i had only watched like 30 seconds of it. but then not too long ago i was so bored and flipping channels and i probably went through all the channels like 18 times then just put on gilmore girls on abc family cause i wasnt planning on watching it i was going to play the sims or something. but i started watching it and i think it was the episode in season 2 where then end up staying in the flowery room at the b & b and i thought it was soo funny and such a great show and now watch it all the time and love it!

gilmore1fan.ar
Stars Hollow Tourist

Mrs. Ventimiglia

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2007, 11:38:51 am »

It was a long time ago I barely remember...but I think I just started to watch the re-runs on ABC Family and it was just kind of on in the background because I was waiting for another show to come on and I just got hooked from there, it also took me a long time realize that the new episodes were on a different channel on Tuesday nights.  :)i
copperboom21
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2007, 11:39:11 am »

I actually have watched it since the very first episode. I was in high school at the time and was a fan of Dawson's Creek for reasons I still don't understand, but I had seen commercials advertising for this new pilot and I thought it looked interesting so my mom and I sat down the first night it aired to watch it and we both fell instantly in love with it and have been addicted ever since. It's funny though, even though I loved it, I didnt think it would last more than a season because I didn't think the mother-daughter storyline would be appealing to the typical high school student because I was definitely pretty a-typical in high school. However my mom thought it was just what the network needed and thought people would like it. I guess I was wrong and I am really glad I was  Smiley
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 19, 2007, 06:33:34 pm »

It was a long time ago I barely remember...but I think I just started to watch the re-runs on ABC Family and it was just kind of on in the background because I was waiting for another show to come on and I just got hooked from there, it also took me a long time realize that the new episodes were on a different channel on Tuesday nights.  :)i

That's how I got started too. I don't really remember much of how it started. I know I started to like it and then I just fell in love with it.

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
mtflover101
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2007, 06:44:13 pm »

Like many others I saw the re-runs on ABC Family. I really liked it. My first episode was Ballrooms and Biscotti and I just fell in love with it. I could so tell that Luke and Lorelai were made for each other. I was curious when something would happen so I kept watching and going forward with my DirectTV I saw that Luke and Lorelai were getting together. I watched the 5th and 6th season too and was so confused on what happened next. I was really addicted. I made sure I was always home at 5:00 so I could watch it. I then on day decided to google it and I found this site and everything. I didn't even know about the 7th season untill the episode, 'It's Almost Like Riding a Bike.' I realized how late into the season I was in. I then kept watching. Youtube fell into it of course. I love watching the LLChapters! On ABC Family they are in the middle of the 4th season so I am anticipating the LL moments.

L/L R/J
Lisa_M
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2007, 02:16:46 pm »

I don`t remember actually. I think I just saw it once, and got hooked.
Then I bought the first season, and started to watch from the beginning.. My mum once saw an episode with me,
and she liked it that much so we decided to start once again from the beginning. Since that time we`ve been watching GG together.
It`s really nice, one of the only things we together. Smiley

PS. Sorry about my crappy English, but I`m from Norway.. Grin

And I`m also new to this forum, so.. Hi.^^

gilmore2972
Town Resident

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2007, 09:06:16 pm »

my first epsiode i saw was kiss and tell and i was hooked
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2008, 08:14:23 pm »

My bff told me about gg and honestly i hate to admitt it but i really didnt wanna watch it but she made me and i am obsessed!
logansLover
« Reply #237 on: February 29, 2008, 12:25:34 pm »

I always used to watch 7th heaven on ABC family @ 3, and GG was always on @ 4. And I had caught some of GG befire, but I wasn't intrested in it, so I always changed the channel. One day I lost the remote and was too lazy to get up and change it, so I watched gg and fell in love. That was alot of rambling to get that short point across.
loganluvr
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 29, 2008, 12:34:11 pm »

I was just flipping through the channels one day and then the phone rang so I answered it and then when i came back into the room where I was watching TV Gilmore Girls was on so I sat down and just started watching it and I fell in love with it. Now I have to drop whatever i am doing just to sit and watch it even though it is re-runs

Oy with the poodles already
Monkey monkey underpants
"Take the Porsche home and keep planning Asia"-Logan
MoreGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2008, 11:44:21 pm »

My Sister In Law Told me that it was a show I HAD to see. so My Mom and I rented it on Netflix and we where HOOKED in no time!

Luke can waltz!

"Please make your mother stop talking to me!"
"Coffee!Coffee!Coffee!!!"

"It's easier to Rip and Dump!"

" Come on people closing up Chew it or loose it"
"You Break it you buy it!"
Who missed Michele!
We're going to hell! Just keep runing
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
  Print  

Jump to: