GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 06:29:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.01 - Sadie, Sadie...  (Read 38532 times)
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 05:46:56 pm »

Overall..i think this was a really good episode.

I basically agree with most of you guys. I think Richard was thinking of Christaphor..and didnt want Rory to end up like Lorelai..and took this all out on Dean.

I also thought the flowers in this episode was really nice..but I must say..it seemed like there was alot more than 1000 flowers. LOL.

But..I just have to throw this in..i HATED Lorelai's outfit at the beginning of the episode. I dont think Lorealai;; or Rory for that matter;; looked very good in the beginning of the episode. But..i still LOVEd it Pleased

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 02:03:08 pm »

I like this eposide.  The flowers all over the town were amazing!   

Richard really botherd me though.  He just attacked Dean and didn't even give him a chance.  (It is like Rory's dinner experience at the Huntzberger's)  I think that he was just getting flashbacks of Loerlai at Rory's age.  I'm sure he found out about the dance and "sleep-over at Miss Patty's" and so I'm sure Dean is not his favorite person.  He is just trying to protect his only grandaughter, because he can no longer protect his only daughter.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 09:56:31 am »

did anyone catch the deleted scene on the dvd box set?

Co-Creator of the Middies

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »

yeah, that was with the people going to lorelai's house to pick up daisies, right? this is a good episode. it was so funny when the town followed lorelai and rory to luke's, and pressed up against the window to get luke's reaction to the proposal; and then kirk passed out...perfect addition to the scene lol. i didn't approve of richard's behavior toward dean. it was totally uncalled for. i'm sick of the elder gilmores saying that lorelai and rory's boyfriends aren't good enough for them. if they are happy then social status shouldn't be an issue. i agree with those that said richard saw dean as christopher and rory as lorelai. makes perfect sense to me.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
r0ry
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

life is, at its best, boring.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 07:08:29 am »

I was quite angry with Lorelai for not telling her parents about her engagement. Their past considered, I think she should make more of an effort to try and mend her relationship with her parents. Emily has been trying to be a part of Lorelai's and Rory's lives but Lorelai keeps shutting her out. That said, I do not take Lorelai's parents side. They should try to meet half way and try to look at their history from both parts's perspective, then they might be able to understand each other better. I felt so sorry for Emily in the end of the episode. It actually made me really sad. I have always had a strained relationship with my father and he reminds me a lot of  Emily. They are very similar in the sense that they both have similar difficulties expressing affection. As I have gotten older I have realised this and done my best to try and not push him away as much as before. I can relate to Lorelai's need to keep them at a distance, but relentlessness is never constructive.
I think she has indeed forgiven them on some level and, rational as she is, I think she has buried her grudge. Maybe she herself has difficulties showing affection and therefore has to rely on her actions to speak for her. Not telling Emily and Richard about her engagement spoke very loudly and I think what Emily heard was that her daughter wants her mother far away from her life.

Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 11:34:39 am »

i thought that there were more than 1000 daisies there too!
rory:you should get married in italy and walk down the ailse holding something that smells really good!
lorelai:pot roast!
LOL

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
gilmorerock
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 11:58:36 am »

I want to know where to get the boxer print t-shirt Lorelai was wearing when she told Luke about her engagement to Max.  Just love it!
There are threads for that.

"Waffles very happy"
BMW
gilmorerock
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 12:04:26 pm »

rory:you should get married in italy and walk down the ailse holding something that smells really good!
LOL

by the way, you know in the first episode there is a sign that says: Stars Hollow, Population 9,973. Well in this episode when they're giving away the dasies they say the whole town gets one. If there's only 1,000 than how can 9,973 people each get 1?

"Waffles very happy"
BMW
Haelie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 09:07:54 pm »

LOL

by the way, you know in the first episode there is a sign that says: Stars Hollow, Population 9,973. Well in this episode when they're giving away the dasies they say the whole town gets one. If there's only 1,000 than how can 9,973 people each get 1?

i swear there were more than 1000 there! lol there were like bunches of 24 covering the whole lounge room and kitchen. i reckon there would have been more than 1000 Tongue maybe there WERE 9973?

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 06:39:48 am »

There were defiantly more than 1000 daisies.
I didn't like Emily's reaction in this episode. Okay, she didn't tell her right away, but maybe she wanted to wait for a perfect time, or maybe that shows she means that it's serious and she can't just say it to her mom, just like that.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 02:32:40 pm »

[email protected] Lorelai looking at wedding magazines.   Undecided

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 12:31:58 pm »

i think richard's reaction upon meeting dean was a mixture of almost everything the previous posts have mentioned. you can bet he knew about the falling asleep at miss patty's incident because emily witnessed it. i don't believe he saw christopher sitting next to him instead of dean, because everytime richard talks about christopher it's in praise. for some reason, richard has always thought christopher would "go places" in life and i don't think for a second that he was comparing christopher and dean while looking at dean as negatively as he was at this point. i think richard viewed dean as the kind of "country boy" who would spend his life in a blue-collar job (which he was correct about as we see later in the show), and he wants rory to be with the kinds of guys who ARE on the short list for the Ivy Leagues, who wear business suits and work in corner offices on top floors of buildings covered with windows. it wasn't out of meanness, i think he just wants the best for rory, and those things are the best in richard's mind.

i think it was a little crappy of lorelai not to tell her parents about the engagement, but i also think she might have been a little justified in her actions because emily wasn't too crazy about lorelai and max's relationship, especially when she heard about the kissing in the classroom incident. if lorelai HAD told emily, emily would have probably complained about how lorelai was rushing into something she knew nothing about and blah blah blah. so i can see both sides of that argument.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 06:53:14 pm »

i think it was a little crappy of lorelai not to tell her parents about the engagement, but i also think she might have been a little justified in her actions because emily wasn't too crazy about lorelai and max's relationship, especially when she heard about the kissing in the classroom incident. if lorelai HAD told emily, emily would have probably complained about how lorelai was rushing into something she knew nothing about and blah blah blah. so i can see both sides of that argument.

I think Lorelai was reluctant to tell Emily about the engagement because she feared Emily would have rained on her parade. I don't think Lorelai was ever 100% commited to the engagement and with doubts lingering in the back of her mind the last thing she would have needed was for Emily to point out all the negatives. And considering it's Emily, she was justified in assuming that Emily would indeed point out all the potential problems, blah blah blah!  Wink  I mean, who wants to share what is supposed to be happy news with someone who has a history of finding fault in everything? Having said all that, these are Lorelai's parents and when all is said and done she should have forced herself to tell them. In typical Lorelai fashion, she did her best to avoid the inevitable. Thing is, aside from the itsy bitsy inconvenience that Max is Rory's teacher, he seems like someone Emily & Richard might approve. He is after all a Chilton teacher, a highly respectable and intelligent person making a good living. Not a Harvard superman as Emily would prefer, but also not the kind of working class dung that Emily sees in someone like Luke.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
haileyerin
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 12:47:35 pm »

I just re-watched this episode, and the conversation between Dean, Rory and Richard was eerily similar to the "Huntzberger family shang-hai" in "But I'm A Gilmore." Especially the part about "you have certain responsibilities to socialize with people like you."

Did anyone else catch that?
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 07:18:11 pm »

Yeah, I saw it. Heh, it makes a difference having already gotten to know Logan. XD

I figure Lorelai didn't tell them about the engagement because there wasn't a chance. Friday one, the Gilmores couldn't stop talking and planning Rory's top three percent party, (plus she'd only barely accepted,) then Friday two was taken up by Richard's fit.

Here's the thing... I totally get that Richard had a Lorelai flashback, I just didn't quite follow what triggered it. It was his first meeting with Dean, who, as LoveMe pointed out, is nothing like Christopher in context. He reacted like this was the first time he'd heard Rory had a boyfriend. Which makes me wonder, how much would Emily have told Richard about Rory's little overnighter?

Since the fight turned out to be over Lorelai's decisions rather than Rory's, Emily could easily have internally justified not telling him at all. Besides, if she had, wouldn't he have freaked with her the prior September? Heh, I can guess why Emily really didn't want to talk with Rory about the fight at the Christmas party: Richard might have overheard.

Wait, I know I had a point...

Oh, yeah, it took Rory disappearing for eight hours with a boy to get that kind of reaction from Emily, how'd Richard whip up that much steam over one dinner invitation?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: