GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 09:42:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should they make a Gilmore Girls movie?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 138
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Thread  (Read 531691 times)
LaurenFan136
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 23

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1815 on: September 29, 2007, 04:39:01 pm »

I LOVE "Remember The Titans"!! I cry everytime I watch it.

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 29, 2007, 04:45:55 pm »

I want to see it again! It was so great! It reminded me of Freedom Writers. Has anyone seen that?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Devilina07
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1817 on: October 12, 2007, 01:32:38 pm »

Here is the 'Sweeny Todd' trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809834155/video/4367764

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1818 on: October 12, 2007, 02:38:54 pm »

Oh my god, I was just coming topost that! It looks so rad, I'm so excited!!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 12, 2007, 07:57:15 pm »

I want to see it again! It was so great! It reminded me of Freedom Writers. Has anyone seen that?
I really liked Freedom Writers! I know that there have been a lot of flicks that had the same theme, but still I enjoyed it quite a bit. Plus Patrick Dempsey makes for some good eye candy! Even though I hated his character.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Devilina07

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1820 on: October 15, 2007, 09:47:11 am »

I love watching trailers.  So here are a few that look really interesting:

'Juno' Trailer
Juno is a whip-smart teen confronting an unplanned pregnancy by her classmate Bleeker. With the help of her hot best friend Leah, Juno finds her unborn child a "perfect" set of parents: an affluent suburban couple, Mark and Vanessa, longing to adopt. Luckily, Juno has the total support of her parents as she faces some tough decisions, flirts with adulthood and ultimately figures out where she belongs.

Release Date:    
December 14th, 2007 (limited)

Starring:    
Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Olivia Thirlby, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman

'Funny Games' Trailer
A middle-class family on vacation endures a terrifying ordeal at the hands of two psychopaths.

Release Date:    
February 15th, 2008 (limited)

Starring:    
Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Brady Corbet, Devon Gearhart, Michael Pitt

'The Bucket List' Trailer
Two terminally ill men try to fulfill a wish list known as "The Bucket List" before each kicks the bucket. After they break out of a cancer ward, they head off on a road trip with an itinerary that includes racing cars, eating giant plates of caviar and slinging poker chips in Monte Carlo.

Release Date:    
December 25th, 2007 (limited); January 11th, 2008 (wide)

Starring:    
Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman, Serena Reeder, Jonathan Mangum, Beverly Todd

homegrown_bliss

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 17, 2007, 02:48:15 am »

I love this Thai movie "Beautiful Boxer".

*-_anne_-*
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 18, 2007, 12:49:29 am »

I LOVE "Remember The Titans"!! I cry everytime I watch it.

It is one of my favorites!!! So sad and so amazing! Ain't no mountain high enough...

I really liked Freedom Writers! I know that there have been a lot of flicks that had the same theme, but still I enjoyed it quite a bit. Plus Patrick Dempsey makes for some good eye candy! Even though I hated his character.

I haven't seen Freedom Writers but everytime I saw a preview for it that Patrick Dempsey was in, I got all giddy. I would see it just for the eye candy he gives  Cool

Anyone going to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D? I might be going on Friday. It should be really amazing! I love that movie, brings back some childhood memories.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 18, 2007, 08:57:48 am »

I'm not a big fan of Nightmare before Christmas, although I loved Corpse Bride!

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1824 on: October 18, 2007, 11:43:29 am »

I'd love to see it in 3D, but it's not out here, I'm sure there's been a couple of pages earlier about just how mmuch I love  Tim Burton films, and Nightmare Before Christmas is proabably my facvurite! And everone says I look kinda like Sally, when my hair was long, I',m not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Devilina07

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1825 on: October 18, 2007, 12:25:41 pm »

Anyone going to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D? I might be going on Friday. It should be really amazing! I love that movie, brings back some childhood memories.
Saw that last year at Downtown Disney on Halloween.  I think we might go see it a few days before Halloween this year.  All of the 3D stuff is very subtle so you might not see a marked difference between the original and this one.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 13, 2008, 05:23:41 pm »

The kids had a sleep over at their cousins the other night and so hubby and I decided to have a date night.  But then we decided we couldn't be bothered actually going out so we got takeout and some dvds. 

We saw Definately Maybe which I loved.  It was such a well told story for the genre that it is and the little girl that played the daughter was so fantastic.

We also watched Jumper.  It was good - nothing to rave about, but enjoyable enough.  It would have been better if it was about 20-30 minutes longer and they had taken the time to flesh out some of the main characters.  It didn't really give me enough to get invested in them.

But my absolute favourite of the selection we got was Into the Wild.  Has anybody seen this?  Based on a true story with the screenplay and direction by Sean Penn.  It was brilliant.  Such a wonderful story that really had you experiencing the full range of human emotion.  And so brilliantly acted in especially by Emile Hirsch and Catherine Keener - they were my two favourite characters of the fantastic ensemble cast.  And even more fantastic is that this is based on somebody's real life experience.  Such an inspriation and uplifting movie and one that I will definately be buying to add to my collection.  And we've owned the soundtrack to it for a while now anyway, but now when I listen to it ...  I get to experience those feeling all over again.  Highly recommend this film.

ETA: to fix some really bad spelling errors Embarrassed
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:24:10 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 13, 2008, 06:26:07 pm »

Caryn ~ Date night in sounded pretty nice. 

I have been wanting to see 'Definately Maybe' since I first saw previews for it, but I haven't seen it yet.  I really like Abigail Breslin, the little girl in it.  I am more impressed with her then with Dakota Fanning.  She is really talented and yet still just a young girl.  I have seen her in several movies and TV shows.  I like to watch the beginning of 'Little Miss Sunshine' just to see the part where she screams then the end to watch her do her dance for the talent part of the contest. So funny.   I have seen 'Signs', 'Raising Helen' and 'No Reservations' several times now.  She was really good in 'Nim's Island' with Jodie Foster, too.

I agree with you about 'Jumper'  It was a decent movie, but it could have been better if it was a bit longer.  It was too rushed.  Just as you were getting into a character or scene they go into some thing else.  I felt that way about 'Evan Almighty', too.  They both could have been much better if given to time to play the scenes out in more depth.

I have not seen anything about 'Into the Wild', but went into IMDb before posting here and it does really sound good and it has a lot of great actors in it.  I am going to have to watch it.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 13, 2008, 07:30:58 pm »

Hey Cheri.  Wow I didn't realise that Abigail was in so many movies already.  I'm a big Dakota fan, but I agree, I think Abigail is brilliant and would probably beat her out in my book also.  And I've even seen all those movies you mentioned except for Little Miss Sunshine and Nim's Island - not realising that it was her in each of them.  Now I'll have to re-watch them with re-newed interest.

Still haven't seen Evan Almighty - just can't seem to get in the right moood for it, even with Lauren in it.  I think too much of what I've read about it is not praising enough for me to move it to the top of my very long list of movies to see.  We are big entertainment freaks my hubby and I.  We love our movies, music and tv and our kids, god love 'em, have kind of cramped our style time wise to see or experience all that we want to.  So the list just gets longer and longer.

And seriously, do check out Into the Wild.  I cannot speak highly enough of this movie.  I was just listening to the soundtrack in the car and got goosebumps and tears with certain tracks and my memory recall of the corresponding moments in the movie.  And I must say that all the cast acted brilliantly, but I singled out Emile and Catherine because they were my major standouts.  Kristen Stewart was also brilliant, though hers was a small part.

Please read Forum Rules
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 15, 2008, 01:07:02 am »

Caryn ~ You should check out Abigail's filmology at IMDb and see all of the movies and tv shows that she has been in.  You will really be amazed.  You should really watch Little Miss Sunshine.  It is just a small indie movie, but I think that it is really good and Abigail is really good in it.  A little bit of trivia: A few months ago when I was watching it again, it dawned on me that three of Lauren Graham's movie husbands were in it.  Steve Carell in Evan Almighty, Greg Kinnear in the upcoming Flash of Genius and Bryan Cranston in Seeing Other People.  Thought that was pretty funny.  Could have been a sticky moment if it had been real Grin

Was in Best Buy today with my daughter and bought Definitely, Maybe.  Was going to watch it tonight but since it is actually 3:48am, I think that I had better get to bed instead.  I forgot about looking for In The Wild until after we had left the store.  I had asked Erin, my daughter, if she had heard of it and she said only because she knows of the book.  She works at a book store and said that the book is a big seller.  I will have to go back and get the movie and pick up the soundtrack, too. 

You really should watch Evan Almighty.  No, it isn't the best movie in the world but it is far from the worst.  And it does have Lauren in it and it is a more serious part for her.  Like I had said, if given more time it would have been better but I still think that it was a good movie.  I would and do watch anything I can find with Lauren Graham in it.  I think that she is really good.  I think that her talents are wasted on some of the things that she does and hope that she will be offered and/or take on bigger and better things. 

Well, really gotta go.  Thank you for the movie choices.  If you come across other good ones, let us know. 

Oh, one more thing.  Have you watched The Last Mimzy ?  It is a really cute movie and the little girl in it reminds me a lot of Abigail Breslin.  Abigail has a brother that has been in a lot of movies.  I can't think of his first name, but he was in The Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen, and Disney's The Kid with Bruce Willis just to name a few. 

Abigail's brother's name is Spencer and they both were in 'Raising Helen" together Kate Hudson.

Caryn ~ I saw Into the Wild today and you are so right about it.  It is a really great, moving story.  This movie is one that really pulled me in and I had to just sit and watch the whole thing without doing anything else.  I love Catherine Keener in just about everything that she has done.  Emile Hirsh was fabulous in it and he looks so much like the real Chris.  When they showed the pic of the real Chris, it took me a few seconds to realize that it wasn't Emile.  I liked Hal Holbrook and the person that he played.   I highly recommend this movie as well.  The music in it is really good, too.  I am going to go buy both the movie and the soundtrack this weekend.  Thank you for mentioning this movie to us.  It is great.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:28:36 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 138
  Print  

Jump to: