GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 24, 2022, 07:53:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should they make a Gilmore Girls movie?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 138
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Thread  (Read 568836 times)
Amanda
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 49

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 06:08:32 pm »

My friends and I get together a lot and just have a movie night.  Its a lot of fun and usually we get to pig out.  The food is not quite at the GG level, but we're getting there  Wink.

~Amanda~
~JJ~Teacher's Pet~SA~Noddie~

Sexy-it's sexy squash

Spree!
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 07:41:24 pm »

My fav movies.....not in order!

Mean Girls
Titanic
The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants
Harry Potter 1-4 (even though 4 isn't out yet,I'm sure it will be my fav.)
Monster-In-Law
The Perfect Man
A Cinderella Story
The Princess Diaries 1-2
Ice Princess
Piriates Of The Carribean
The Lord Of The Rings 1-3
Elizabethtown
Shrek 1-2
Stepmom
The Pacifire
Tuck Everlasting
Just Like Heaven

mannimal
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 02:18:19 pm »

best movies

the good the bad the ugly
the shining
fullmetal jacket
pulp fiction
the others
donnie brasco
made
fight club
seven
donnie darko
saving private ryan
man on fire
team america
gladiator
the game
suicide kings
kill bill vol. 1
kill bill vol. 2
lord of the rings 1,2and 3
freddy got fingered
reservoir dogs
platoon
one hour photo
goodfellas
the usual suspects
boiler room
joy ride
sin city
frailty
american history x
fargo
braveheart
training day
saw1 and 2
house of a 1000 corpses
the devil's rejects

beckilina
Town Resident

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 05:50:48 pm »

that scared me so much, you have the same pic as me (manimal) -I don't care though- and I thought that someone had like written something for me cause I know that I hadn't written that...lol- wow I was totally freaked out anyhoo....looks like your into horror movies- fun stuff- me, I can't exactly handle scary movies- aka I run out screaming or hide under a blanket- a couch-anything nearby that I can get under.
Also is anyone here as obsessed wit hShawshank Redemption as I am? That movie was possibly the best movie I've ever seen in my life. YAY- Morgan Freeman and me (I) have the same birthday and Marilyn Monroe and Alanis Morrisette or someone like that- YAY

Java Junkie
Morada
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2005, 01:56:24 am »

Also is anyone here as obsessed wit hShawshank Redemption as I am? That movie was possibly the best movie I've ever seen in my life. YAY- Morgan Freeman and me (I) have the same birthday and Marilyn Monroe and Alanis Morrisette or someone like that- YAY

Isn't that a relatively old movie?  I only say that because the first time I heard about it was several years ago when I used to play in a MUD that had a zone fashioned after a bunch of Stephen King movies. 

When I think of Alanis Morrisette, I think of one of my favorite movies, "Dogma."  She played God. Smiley

It only takes one kiss...

to speak from the heart.
beckilina
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 06:27:13 pm »

Yeah, Igeuss it's pretty old but I watched it a fe wyears ago so I don't know how old. Anyways- I definetly suggest it.

Java Junkie
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 07:45:48 pm »

I can't beleive no one has said Titanic yet! That's the most popular movie of all time! I love Titanic! It makes me cry every time! Cry

Morada
Town Resident

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 09:42:12 pm »

Speaking of movies, I can't wait until Rent comes out at the end of the month!!!  That's one I'm really trying to get free tickets to go see. Smiley

to speak from the heart.
Krisleigh
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 11:28:47 pm »

Speaking of movies, I can't wait until Rent comes out at the end of the month!!! That's one I'm really trying to get free tickets to go see. Smiley

I've been waiting for Rent since the first preview I saw for it on Logo. I'm addicted to 'Seasons of Love' and can't wait to see how they play the stage to the screen.
Morada
Town Resident

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2005, 02:01:09 am »

I've been waiting for Rent since the first preview I saw for it on Logo. I'm addicted to 'Seasons of Love' and can't wait to see how they play the stage to the screen.

I love that song, but knew "Rent" only by name (other friends discussing seeing it on/off Broadway) until a couple of months ago.  I saw a trailer for it in a movie theater with "Seasons of Love" as the background music and absolutely fell in love with it.  Whoever did that first trailer collage did a marvelous job.  I was surprised how much power it lost with the shorter ads on TV with other songs from the show as background music.  I understand that the show has a very loyal folllowing though, so they probably didn't have to pull out the big guns this far away from the premier.  I'm a Law & Order fan - can't wait to see Jesse in it.

to speak from the heart.
beckilina
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2005, 09:26:19 am »

Rent does look really good....I'm so happy that a musical is actually coming out on the big screen....over the top in love wit musical's- Grease, Footloose, West Side Story, Jesus Christ Superstar- to name a few :-*Yay for Rent!

Java Junkie
Krisleigh
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2005, 12:20:02 am »

Finally saw 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' on Sunday. Loved it, which is weird due to me deep-seated hatred for Johnny Depp. Burton is even more ingenious than I though, but I won't go into more detail because, well, some people choose to Spree through life. Very admirable.
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2005, 11:48:47 am »

I think Shawhank came out in the mid-90s, but I only saw it for the first time a few months ago.  It was amazing, and now it's definitely one of my favorites.  I was a basketcase by the end of it.

Those of you wanting to see the Island--see it!  It was really good, better than I expected.  Predictable, but good. 

I can't wait for Harry Potter either!  I'm really curious to see how they cram 700+ pages into 2 and a half hours.  I'm definitley bringing tissue, though, because parts of it are sure to get me going.  (I'm a big ole softy.)

Does anyone want to see the new Pride and Prejudice?  It's gotten really great reviews from what I've seen so far, but I'm so torn about it because the A&E version is so phenomenal, and I can't imagine anyone else playing Mr. Darcy better than Colin Firth.  I'll still go see it since it's my favorite book of all time, though!

Other movies I'm looking forward to: Rent, Family Stone, and Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. 

Oh, and I really liked In Her Shoes. 

Kukalaka
Inn Owner

Community Points: 349

~ Fanny ~

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2005, 12:00:01 pm »

Does anyone want to see the new Pride and Prejudice?  It's gotten really great reviews from what I've seen so far, but I'm so torn about it because the A&E version is so phenomenal, and I can't imagine anyone else playing Mr. Darcy better than Colin Firth.
I don't want to see it, because of what you said. There's only one Mr. Darcy!

~ Foodie ~ Teacher's Pet ~
Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
beckilina
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2005, 01:34:45 pm »

I want to see it but I haven't seen the A&E one so I'm not sure hich one would be better. Also I saw In Her Shoes- very good! I'm also looking forward to Harry Potter- going to see it on Saturday!!, The Lion, the witch, and the Wardrobe- one of the best ooks ever, and Rent. woot

Java Junkie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 138
  Print  

Jump to: