GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 05:31:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Q&A Thread  (Read 214035 times)
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 01, 2007, 09:31:50 am »

Oh there's also Cetaphil. I have extremely dry hands, and the soap is extremely gentle on the skin.

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 02, 2007, 05:34:35 am »

Thanks, I'll try that next.  My hubby picked up one of the method soaps - creamy alomnd I think - and so far i'm not that satisfied, too much perfume and I'm not noticing much of a difference.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2007, 06:19:39 pm »

Okay, I have a question...
I noticed in the last year I started to bite my nails. I really want to stop, does anyone have any suggestions?

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2007, 06:38:24 pm »

Coconut soap I've found is really soft on hands. But, it's has to be made frfom cocont, not regular soap that's just scented.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 04, 2007, 07:58:58 am »

I noticed in the last year I started to bite my nails. I really want to stop, does anyone have any suggestions?
I used to have that habit really bad. I believe they sell a certain kind of polish that tastes really horrible so you can't bite them. It's been years since I stopped the habit, but I always kept my nails painted (with regular polish). I would redo them whenever the polish chipped. The nail polish was enough to make me not want to bite them. I also would always see girls with nice, long nails which made me want to stop. These days I don't really paint my nails much since I don't bite, and I keep them filed and a decent length.

I know, its an awfuly habit. But you can do it! My worst habit is spliting the dead ends in my hair, and I am having a hard time stopping. Undecided

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: December 04, 2007, 12:52:26 pm »

I used to actually bite the skin on my fingers. I'd bite huge chunks out untill my fingers were all raw and blleeding. I did it when I as a really young child, then I stopped, then I did it agani when I was about 12, then I stopped, then I started again last year, but I managed to stop.
That polish didn't work for me, because it's just a layer, I used to chew through it.
Onlly thing that worked was sheer willpower. Sometimes doing stuff like putting an elastic band round your wrist, and every time you go to bite your nails, snap it, then you'll associate the pain with biting your nails, and eventually, stop.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Ange
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2007, 01:38:32 pm »

omg i used to peel my nails and i would always peel them back way to far and start bleeding so i used this hard as nails polish by sally.... then i ended up stoping once i realized how bad it wasa for my hands and how ugly it made them look

oh and i have a question.....i work with oil(cooker) and i always have problems with super greasy hair so does anyone know of a shampoo or hair product that will make it less oily? becasue washing my hair every night is killing it!
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2007, 02:27:44 pm »

There is the bad tasting polishes that were mentioned, but I've also heard of dabbing hot sauce, the juice from hot peppers, or other bad tasting liquids at the end of your nail. The only downside would be if you like hot things. You could also try acidic things...lemon juice and stuff like that.

Lovefiend- I did the same thing. I would bite the skin around the edges of my nails off in chunks. It sucks and my hands looked all nasty.

Question time!
I have a big ass sweet tooth. Any suggestions on how to control that? I've heard of these mints that they sell that are supposed to kill your desire for sweet foods. The thought kinds scares me...ya know? What's in those? IDK.
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2007, 04:27:10 pm »

I used to actually bite the skin on my fingers. I'd bite huge chunks out untill my fingers were all raw and blleeding. I did it when I as a really young child, then I stopped, then I did it agani when I was about 12, then I stopped, then I started again last year, but I managed to stop.
That polish didn't work for me, because it's just a layer, I used to chew through it.
Ewww I used to bite up the skin around my nails as well! So gross but I did it anyway. My fingers would hurt like hell and of course I'd regret it, but I couldn't stop the habit.

Ange, yup I used to peel back layers on my nails. Hahaha I did it all when I had the habit. The same thing went for me though, realizing how gross my nails would look also prompted me to stop. Who wants to look at that on their own hands? Sad Plus who knows what someone else would think. Now I just need to stop the dead end habit.. but that's super hard. I crack under stress/pressure and that's what I do. =/

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2007, 05:51:38 pm »

When you want something sweet, it ususlaly means your body is lacking in calories . So have something that's high in calories, but good for you, like a sandwhich.

MiniPink
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: December 06, 2007, 05:06:50 pm »

omg i used to peel my nails and i would always peel them back way to far and start bleeding so i used this hard as nails polish by sally.... then i ended up stoping once i realized how bad it wasa for my hands and how ugly it made them look

oh and i have a question.....i work with oil(cooker) and i always have problems with super greasy hair so does anyone know of a shampoo or hair product that will make it less oily? becasue washing my hair every night is killing it!
Drama Clean shampoo from Herbal Essences is really good at getting you hair good and clean!

On an unrelated note...I have had bad acne.  It is *finally* getting sooo much better thanks to a lot of fancy schmancy prescriptions, but that has also caused my skin to be dry. well, Vanicream is my savior.  It works really well on hands, too.  Unfortunately, though, you can only buy it through a dermatologist, even though it's not a prescription.  So maybe that was a pointless tip.  oh well...

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 06, 2007, 05:22:54 pm »

On an unrelated note...I have had bad acne.  It is *finally* getting sooo much better thanks to a lot of fancy schmancy prescriptions, but that has also caused my skin to be dry. well, Vanicream is my savior.  It works really well on hands, too.  Unfortunately, though, you can only buy it through a dermatologist, even though it's not a prescription.  So maybe that was a pointless tip.  oh well...
Ah, an acne victim. I suffer as well. Sad Although mine is moderate, its still really hard to live with. I just cancelled my ProActiv and I'm going to start a Clean and Clear regiman. I was thinking of trying that new trio thing from C&C but I actually came across something else that was recommended which is what I'm going to use.

A good thing to use for those with acne.. Aloe Vera! I use it day and night (after washing my face) and it helps with redness.

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: December 07, 2007, 02:44:47 am »

I found that washing, toning, and moisturizing made my acne way worse. Eventually, I just left it alone, washed my face with soap, or body wash in the shower, and it went away. When you put crap on your face like that, you're just constantly irritating it. Best thing to do is to leave it alone.

MiniPink
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 07, 2007, 07:47:43 pm »

I've been using soap, and it works the same for me. Good thing, saves a ton of money.
However, my problem is my nose. It is red all the time, and oily. No matter what. I always have tonsssss of blackheads and...pimply stuff on my nose. Basically, it is all oils trapped under the skin which my white blood cells are coming to 'save' me from. (Is that like what happens? My teacher told me it had something to do with w.b.c....I have no idea honestly..clarification and advice would be great.)

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: December 07, 2007, 08:03:35 pm »

The redness is probably due to irritation, or perhap broken capillaries.Blackheads are simply trapped oils wich attract dirt. They're black because it's just dirt basically, under your skin. Exfoliating works well. You don't need anything fancy, just add some brown sugar to your soap.

MiniPink
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: