GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 27, 2022, 05:04:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Q&A Thread  (Read 232349 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2007, 01:22:17 am »

Well, I've tried basically every kind of cream and stuff out there for scars, and I've found that pure vitamin E oil works the best. I have a lot of scars.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2007, 04:10:15 pm »

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good shampoo that I could use. I have a lot of chlorine in my hair because I swim twice a day, and my hair is so dry. Thanks!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2007, 04:21:25 pm »

I don't personally, but go Here And Here They might be a starting point to help ya out Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:23:07 pm by Lovefiend » Logged

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2007, 05:46:33 pm »

Hey all. I kind of went through a slight depression recently, and turned to food as my ally. Damn it! Hah. Anyway, my thights sort of "expanded", not to an abnormal width, but more so than the tiny chicken stick legs they were before. And with this growth comes stretch marks. And I mean, they are SO damn visible. For the rest of my life I will be scarred and embarassed. I wouldn't even go to the HUGE pool party I was invited to because of them. I won't wear skirts at all, only jeans. And lets face it, I feel fat and ugly. And I don't have the best looking features to begin with.  :Smiley I know you can't help with the self esteem issues, but I need a fantastic product for stretch marks that isn't going to make me go completley broke.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

Well, I have a lot of stretch marks too.
So I looked this stuff up.

"Some people find that sunless tanning treatments (both over-the-counter lotions and sprays and in-salon types of treatments) can help cover up stretch marks. This doesn't work for regular tanning or tanning beds, though, because stretch marks themselves are less likely to tan. And as everyone knows, the sun and tanning beds do more harm than good when it comes to the long-term health of your skin. You also can buy body makeup matched to the tone of your skin that can make stretch marks all but invisible. Although some manufacturers make these cover-up products water-resistant, makeup may not be the best solution if you'll be spending a lot of time in the water."

"Although there are tons of creams and other skin products on the market that claim to eliminate stretch marks, the truth is that most are ineffective and often costly. You can't make stretch marks go away entirely without the help of a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin problems) or plastic surgeon. These doctors may use one of many types of treatments - from actual surgery to techniques such as microdermabrasion and laser treatment - that reduce the appearance of stretch marks. These techniques are expensive and are not usually recommended for people in their teen years because they are not finished growing and their stretch marks will probably diminish over time anyway."

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Melly721
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2007, 10:28:25 pm »

Hey Fantasy, I too have stretch marks but on my hips and I used to hate them a lot before. But now I really don't even care about them because I notice EVERYONE has some sort of stretch marks, whether it be working out or growing up. So i guess you can try and hide it but I figure there's not point hiding something that most people have anyway.

"Lorelai: Kirk asked me out.
Rory: Shut up!
Lorelai: Yesterday.
Rory: That's so sweet!
Lorelai: Rory!
Rory: What are you gonna wear? Ooh, you should wear your dress with the ponies on it, I bet he likes ponies!"
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2007, 12:41:15 am »

Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream is amazing. Bascially anythng with cocoa butter, or vitamin E. Vitamin E works for the same reason it works on scars. Stretch marks are formed by tiny tears in the skin, when it expands too fast. Vitamin E oil will help them to heal, and cocoa butter will help heal, and also smooth the skin. But yeah, it's true what Melly721 has said, most people have stretch marks in some form, as most people (even really thin people) get them when  their bodies forrm into that of a womans' shape, rather than a girl's. So try not to worry too much about them.
As for the depression, everything ok now? It's important not to let eating take over as your source of feeling better, you need to find a more productive outlet!! It's probably none of my business though, sorry!!
Take care

MiniPink
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2007, 01:41:35 am »

When I was a teen I too had embarrassing stretch marks on my hips and thighs ... I too hated wearing swimsuits.  Yet, once I 'grew' into my 'more womanly' shape they went away. I did nothing for them and they dissapeared,  Now, I;m dealing with the left iver stretch marks from pregnancy and I'm using the cocoa butter stuff - I sure hope it helps! 

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: August 25, 2007, 12:12:53 pm »

Heya Amber. IT might help. I only ever used it on fresh scars, and it worked absolute wonders, seriously. It's worth a try anyway, I imagine it will probably help a little bit, but probably not as well as it did for my fresh ones Cheesy Good luck!
you can also try creams that are made for scars like maderma ((Sp)) i am not sure how well it will work on an old scar but, it may be worth the shot. my scars usually go away on their own unless they are really deep, at that point i don't think there is much you can do beyond craziness, like plastic surgery...don't go there, please

Thank you so much.  I have been using both on the scars just switching back and forth. I haven't noticed a change yet but I am sure I will

My New Website
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 25, 2007, 04:24:55 pm »

When I was a teen I too had embarrassing stretch marks on my hips and thighs ... I too hated wearing swimsuits.  Yet, once I 'grew' into my 'more womanly' shape they went away. I did nothing for them and they dissapeared,  Now, I;m dealing with the left iver stretch marks from pregnancy and I'm using the cocoa butter stuff - I sure hope it helps! 

Cocoa butter i'm using too Melissa.. and congrats on the birth of your gorgeous son. (My sister had her baby girl on the 24th aug Grin )

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: August 25, 2007, 04:29:20 pm »

Amber, it takes a wee while. Gotta re grow tissue

MiniPink
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 25, 2007, 04:31:27 pm »

LoveFiend: Do you know a fair bit of stuff about that?
I've been using cocoa butter (all over my body) for the past 2months, and i've seen a huge difference.. Smiley i love it

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: August 25, 2007, 04:42:07 pm »

Hey ImAGilmoreGirl (sorry, I don't know your real name) Yeah I do. For reasons that aren't worth going into I have lots of scars. And I do mean lots!! I also have stretch marks (cuz who without a Y chromosome doesn't?) Which I spent lots of time trying to get rid of. I lov eusing cocoa butter too, except it makes me hungry!!

MiniPink
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2007, 07:03:38 pm »

hi guys.

so, just got home from a long day at the lake w/ my BF's family and I am crispy. Is there anything I can get rid of the redness and burn faster?? I am doused in aftercare and drinking lots of water...anything else I can do? i don't wanna look crappy at schoool on tuesday!!!
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2007, 07:05:27 pm »

I know aloe vera takes some of the pain away. I dont really know if it makes it go away faster, but it doesnt hurt as bad! I hope you find something that works!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: