GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 29, 2021, 12:37:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Q&A Thread  (Read 213804 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: January 05, 2008, 12:56:35 pm »

Ah yeah, that probably would be, definatly!!
Try taking some iron supplements, and make sure you're getting enough vitamin C, cuz Iron is useless without it.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 05, 2008, 12:57:48 pm »

I take a flinstones vitamin everyday!! They taste soo good!!!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: January 05, 2008, 12:59:05 pm »

Lol, the childrens ones?
Id' imagine (as yum as they are!!) that's not enough iron for you if you're becoming anaemic. Has your doctor not prescribed an iron pill?

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 05, 2008, 01:12:41 pm »

Nope...I guess Im not that bad yet. I am taking a ton of medicines right now so I dont think he wants to put me on anymore unless it is totally necessary lol..

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: January 05, 2008, 01:19:55 pm »

Can I ask how old you are? You may not want to say, but being female, if you're older than 10 or so, childrens vitamins will no longer contain enough iron for you. This is probably causing your aenemia (and therfore your undereye circles), if I were you (this is, of course, just my opinion Smiley ) next time you or your Mom's at the supermarket, try and pick up some teen multi vitamins. Most brands make one specially for teens, and they'll have more iron in. If there's isn't one, try a Women's vitamin. They will have enough iron for you.
Technically iron is'nt a medicine, it's a vitamin,w hich is a naturally occuring neccessary supplement for our bodies. Upon finding your anaemia, he should have prescribed a stronger iron supllement, to get rid of it, you shouldn't just be sittin' around with anaemia!!!

MiniPink
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 05, 2008, 01:24:11 pm »

Yeah Im 16. Anaemia runs in my family. I probably should get a different vitamin, but I will probably finish the bottle of the childrens first, because I dont want to wasted them. I compared my brother's bottle of vitamins with mine and the only thing that was different was his had more vitamin K. So I guess it is worth a try!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: January 05, 2008, 01:30:18 pm »

Yeah, if you're 16 I'd definatly reccomned a switch Cheesy But, yeah, finish off the ones you have, don't waste them!! Intill you can get some different ones, just keep up your intake of dark green vegetables, citrus fruits, and lean meat. Stuff I'm sure you've been told a thousand times before!!!

MiniPink
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 05, 2008, 01:32:19 pm »

Yes I always eat a lot of oranges. Generally one a day. I always eat a salad with dinner too, so that should work!!! Thanks!!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: January 05, 2008, 01:39:45 pm »

You're welcome, I just hope you start feeling better soon!

MiniPink
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: January 14, 2008, 07:34:09 pm »

Yeah, if you're 16 I'd definatly reccomned a switch Cheesy But, yeah, finish off the ones you have, don't waste them!! Intill you can get some different ones, just keep up your intake of dark green vegetables, citrus fruits, and lean meat. Stuff I'm sure you've been told a thousand times before!!!
Not to get preachy, but, although it contains iron, meat (and animal products in general) are never good for you.  Good advice otherwise though.[/color]

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 14, 2008, 07:38:08 pm »

I totally disagree. I will say that they aren't 100% healthy, but you need the protein and iron. It is the best source to get your protein especially.

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
gracelandia
Town Selectman

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: January 14, 2008, 07:41:22 pm »

It's really not.  We are all being duped.  I know that not everyone on this board is from the U.S. but in the U.S. everyone gets wayyyy more protein than is needed, and it is literally taking the calcium right out of our bones.  That is why osteoperosis is rampant and we are recommended to get twice as much calcium as is needed.
Besides meat being unhealthy, it causes suffering beyond our worst nightmares to over 10 billion animals per year in the U.S. alone.

rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 14, 2008, 07:46:24 pm »

May I ask, are you a vegetarian? It just sounds like some of your opinions are against meat, so I was just wondering.
I do  think that we do get more meat than is needed, but some meat is healthier than other. Red meat definately isnt the best for you, but it still is a great source for iron. All meats are the best source for protein, along with peanut butter, eggs, beans...
I cannot have dairy products, so the calcium is a bit of a problem for me.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2008, 02:06:44 am »

I am a vegetaarian, but I disagree entirely.
Humans are designed to eat meat. Just look at our dental structures.
Meat is not bad for you, that's a load of crap, sorry for being blunt but it's true.
I don't eat meat because I don't like killing animals, but meat with the fat trimmed is perfectly good for you.
Yes most people get too much protein, but there's NOTHING wrong with it. All it does is get used as energy, or turned to fat.
Protein does not take calcium out of your bones, I'm a little interested as to what magazine it is you read this in? That's so untrue I actually laughed out loud when I read it!!!

Rory1084 Soy products often have calcium added, or you can get chews that have lots of calcium. I don't eat dairy either, so I try have soy milk and calci chews as often as I can.

MiniPink
gracelandia
Town Selectman

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2008, 07:13:14 pm »

http://www.healthbulletin.org/foods_for_health/foods8.htm
That is not originally where I read this information, but that is just one place to see the negative effects of too much protein, particularly animal protein.
"...[also,] bone formation was significantly less in omnivore women than in vegan women. This happened even though the omnivore women had a higher calcium intake than did the vegan volunteers...

Also, even if animal products weren't unhealthy (which they are), I see no reason to eat them as they contribute to insane cruelty and there are plenty of other bountiful sources to get (among the myriad other nutrients that we need) protein and iron (the protein thing especially is a total myth) that do not harm anyone.

EDIT: I snarked both of you in my frustration, but I pretty-sticked a minute later.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39
  Print  

Jump to: