GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 29, 2021, 12:57:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Q&A Thread  (Read 213807 times)
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 30, 2007, 06:12:23 pm »

Hola chicas

Quick question. I get really bad headaches multiple times a week. It runs in my family. I absolutely hate taking meds like Tylenol or Advil so often, I know caffeine is supposed to help realize them, but I can't have much caffeine. Any suggestions or ideas about what might help realize or prevent these?
WATER WATER WATER!!!

I used to get them...and then as I started drinking about 6 12.8ounce bottles of water a day...they started to go away...

I don't know why, or if it will help you...but that's what I have...

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: December 31, 2007, 02:13:46 pm »

Katie is right, my first reccomendation would be to drink more water. When you get dehydrated, your blood pressure drops, beacause your blood volume drops, so not as much blood is going to your brain and it hurts.

Could also be stress/tension, you could try getting a neck/shoulder massage. The mucles at the back of your neck go all the way over the the top of your head, so when they're tensed, your whole head hurts.

Lack of sleep is another really common cause, you need 6-8 hours of good sleep per night. If you're not getting enough for your body, you'll get headaches and feel nauseous. Especially if you're a little dehydrated too.

Could be a sensitivy to food, a sign of depression, alcohol (I'm assuming you don't drink, but you never know!)
You may need your eyes tested. Straining if you can't quite see gives you a headache.

If it's certainly none of these things, go to the doctor, it may be a problem with your spinal cord, or a sign of a bigger problem.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: December 31, 2007, 07:50:39 pm »

I used to get headaches ALOT, and painkillers never helped. I actually started to aviod them, which helped. I think water is the best thing. Also if you do any physical activity that works your neck or balance alot. Like Lovefiend said, the necks muscles are very much realted and the balance because the liquid in your ears can move around alot causing headaches.

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2007, 09:21:16 pm »

i get headaches almost every day too. I generally start out with 2 advil and drink lots of water. Mine come from tension, stress, allergies, and my eyes. I am allergic to many fragrences which immediately send me into headaches. I also do not wear my glasses, so that causes some of my headaches too Im sure.  I dont really have much advice, but I just thought i would share what I have. Good luck!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2007, 09:33:37 pm »

Yes, definatly not wearing your glasses will give you headaches!!! Naughty girl!! Smiley

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2007, 09:43:23 pm »

Yes lol. Shame on me! I hate my glasses! I would love contacts, but they dont make ones for my problems. I probably should wear them, but i really dont want to! lol

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: December 31, 2007, 11:21:43 pm »

Aw what;s wrong with glasses? Statistically people who need glasses for every day, not just reading, are more likely to have a high powered job, have a college education, and excel in all areas except sport Cheesy Plus glasses are cool, even Lorelai Gilmore has them!!

MiniPink
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2008, 12:56:22 am »

Nothing wrong with glasses! They can make you look better than without, trust me, I know  Wink Cheesy

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2008, 07:05:18 pm »

I think glasses look great!

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 01, 2008, 07:31:21 pm »

No, nothing is wrong with glasses. I wore them for 8 years! I just think they feel so funny on my ears. The eye doctor told me to stop wearing them to see if my eyes got better but they didnt so she told me to start wearing them again, but they felt too uncomfortable. I really wish I still wore them. lol

Okay I have a question:
I have these black circles under my eyes. I put on foundation everyday, but I feel like they are still there. Does anyone know how to get rid of them? Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:19:58 pm by rory1984 » Logged

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: January 04, 2008, 12:46:24 pm »

SLEEP!

MiniPink
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: January 04, 2008, 12:47:30 pm »

Yep, I used to always get dark circles and I thought something was wrong with me but now I only get them when I don't get enough sleep.  Like right now.

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 04, 2008, 01:47:27 pm »

But I do get sleep. I get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Does anyone know like any home treatments or something?

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: January 05, 2008, 12:32:39 pm »

You probably need closer to 10 hours then. People neeed all different amounts, I need about 9 to be at my healthiest.

Putting cucmber slices/chammomile ttea bags on them will lessen any puffiness. But as for the colour, you need a powder that's a shade lighter than your regular colour. Put it all over your undereyes, it will look silly. But then pur your normal foundation over the time,adn it will look fine.
But I reccomend not wearing foudnation as often as you feel you can.
The only way really is to get more sleep. Also have yuor iron levels checked, if that's low your blood is darker, so it will be showign up more there.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:34:44 pm by Lovefiend » Logged

MiniPink
rory1984
Inn Manager

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 05, 2008, 12:53:41 pm »

I am animic (i dont know how to spell it) so that may be part of the reason. Thanks!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
You can call me Rory!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: