GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 03:30:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.01 - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days  (Read 74521 times)
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2007, 09:10:21 pm »

Did anyone realize this.

In the dream... when Luke talks to Lorelai's stomach, he calls the twins: Sid and Nancy, then Lorelai says Leopold and Lobe, don't tell Rory. 

Now go back to Season one episode 16:Star-Crossed Lovers and other Strangers. IN the episode when Emily tries to set Lorelai up with Chase, he says that he lived in the Stone house on the corner. Then Lorelai says, "the one with the Dobermans?" and he says, "yes Leopold and Lobe...". The dogs' names are the same as what she wanted to name the twins.. isn't that really weird?HuhHuhHuhHuh
Well, not as weird as you think, because Leopold and Loeb (thats the correct spelling) are famous murderers.  Nathan Leopold and Richard A. Loeb were wealthy college students who murdered a 14 year old in Chicago in 1924.  They thought they could commit the perfect crime. I think that's why she says don't tell Rory, because they are murderers.  Dobermans being guard dogs it makes more sense that they'd be called Leopold and Loeb though.  So it makes sense they'd both know who Leopold and Loeb are, not like Lorelai just pulled those names right out of thin air. Smiley

Sharon

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2007, 04:39:10 pm »

*lets out a most unlady like snort*  Somehow it escaped me that Lorelai named her dream twins Leopold and Loeb!  I know ASP had a fascination with famous murders (one I share) since she refrenced the Manson family more than once.  But, if anything convinced me that this dream was not her way of foreshadowing future events, it was calling the twins Leopold and Loeb. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2007, 11:46:09 pm »

I always thought that part was strange too. However, I think maybe she threw that in for a little freudian deeper meaning dream interpretation....

Lorelai being woken by alarm clocks( biological clocks), her going downstairs in a sexy nightgown, finding the hidden coffee (shows control and determination not to give up), "eggs" being cooked(sexual reference), Toys (also a sexual reference hightlighted by Lorelai saying: "Dirty") Q-tips (Yet another sexual reference), the fact she's married in the dream to someone who she's totally comfortable with (okay secretly in love with), not just pregnant but also pregnant with twins (an example of wanting to have a big, connected family), and of course being happy. Leo and Loeb could be an example of the struggle of humanity or the universe through opposite forces like; tainted/purity, death/life, dark/light, yin/yang... etc. So making something so pure and innocent like babies and giving them a name that references people who killed and were guilty could reflect this struggle.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:48:19 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
GlmrGrltAtHeart
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 44

Bunny cake! Yum!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2007, 04:04:28 pm »

Wow. Even though that interpretation was made on June 15 and that was a couple weeks ago and I just discovered it, that is deep man(I know you are not a man but I am playing the hippi thing here so just go with it). Very deep. So deep that you deserve a pretty stick for that awesome annalization(sp?). Groovy.

So I just saw this episode today and I got the "lazy hazy crazy days of summer" song stuck in my head so now I have to sing the small world song. And thanks to Lorelai's ability of thinking to far ahead(well in this case at least) I am not going to get the small world song out of my head until I go to bed tonight.

JJs  will always keep F.A.I.T.H.
Maurie: High on the Maze.
lalaliz2005
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2007, 05:36:43 am »

Yep, I have that song stuck in my head now too. (Just sing the "It's a Small World"  Wink)

I had forgotten how much I loved this episode until yesterday. It's great! I love the whole Paris-has-a-date part and of course the best part is the beginning scene with L/L. It's one of my Top 10 fav epis.
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2007, 08:46:11 am »

So I just saw this episode today and I got the "lazy hazy crazy days of summer" song stuck in my head so now I have to sing the small world song.

Noooo!  Now I'm going to get that song stuck in my head, too.  *turns on CD*

Okay.  Phantom of the Opera should certainly drown out any thought of summer or pretzles or beer.  Wink

I adore this episode!  Lorelai's dream is amazing, and her conversation with Rory about interpretations (Taylor/Dean hula hooping, etc.) is hilarious!

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2007, 01:14:24 pm »

^lol your sooo funny sharon!!
yeah totally Taylor and Dean hula hooping that's a tad creepy!!!
Wow us JJ's can only hope that one day Lorelai's dream comes true except that they really shouldn't name their kids Leopold and Loeb!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
BonVoyage1
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Seven Years in Love

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2007, 12:51:59 pm »

This episode has the opening scene in all of Gilmore girls

Rory: Look how you just said, "Luke can waltz."
Lorelai: What, I'm just saying, I'm surprised that Luke can waltz.
Rory: That sounded more like, "I'm surprised I still have my clothes on."
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2007, 05:50:03 pm »

I like this episode, when its with Lorelai. After the season finale on season 2, by Season 3, (and through the start of season 3) I lost all respect for Rory. How can you go to new york for a boy, make him believe you feel something for him, watch him come back for you, kiss him, tell him not to say anything, then run to washington! Not to mention she came back and started to pretend everything was hunky-dory with Dean. Now, I know she started to write Jess letters, but never once did she send one. Jess can't get a girlfriend, when he knows perfectly well that Rory was still with Dean? Now, that makes no sence what so ever to me.

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2007, 11:51:44 am »

I was glad he told her off.

So was I! She deserved it. Jess shouldn't be wasteing his time trying to get her. Rory knew he wanted her and it was so obvious that she had feelings for him too. She's so naive sometimes..

Yeah. In the opening they show her trying to write (after her conversation with Lorelai about Lorelai's dream), and the words at the top are "Dear John".

Wait... didn't it say Dear Jess? Like she was going to write a letter to Jess instead of Dean... unless I'm wrong (I havent watched that episode in a long time).

yes, it definitely said "dear jess." it was like she was TRYING to write to dean, but the relationship was so played out they didn't have anything left to talk about anymore. so she wrote jess. =]

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
Lilly Gilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2007, 01:03:45 pm »

oh my gosh, the opening scene with Lorelai's dream freaked me out so bad the first time I saw it. All I could think was, 'How could they have jumped so much over the summer?! What about what happened with Christopher???'

And then she woke up. lol

That and the thing with Rory, Jess, and Dean. Felt sorry for Dean, was slightly annoyed with Rory, and just wished Jess would get a room. (That way he'd be out of the camera...)

"Ladies and gentlemen, behold! The Thing That Reads A Lot!"
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2007, 12:36:43 pm »

The beginning of this episode freaked me out as well. I was thinking "man, a lot happened over the summer. the whole episode after this scene is going to have to play out some serious flash-backs for me to connect these dots." but when lorelai woke up i was a mixture of relieved and disappointed. relieved because i hadn't missed anything and disappointed that she and luke weren't really married and expecting twins. =] i also liked how lorelai immediately woke up, fell off the bed reaching for the phone, and called rory to ask for a dream analysis. paris muttering names of senators and members of congress in her sleep was hilarious. then, when it shows rory sit down to write a letter to jess and paris rolls over and exclaims "i did not have sexual relations with that woman!" i literally burst out laughing.

i thought it was hilarious when paris got asked out on a date and totally missed it. then when she realized that she HAD been asked out, she kept saying "i have a date. I have a date." i thought that was pretty hilarious.

i was surprised that lorelai and rory got into that public argument about the dean situation. and then dean walks up and they both just drop it and plaster smiles on their faces.

when jess and rory argue about what's been going on over the summer, i felt like jess absolutely had a point. rory never even so much as called him a single time over the summer. she kissed him, freaked out, demanded that he keep it a secret, and then ran off, not to be seen again until the end of the summer. what was he supposed to do? sit in his room and wait on her to get back? get real. so, he found a way to occupy his time until she came home. i believe jess definitely knew that he was settling for MUCH less than what rory had to offer by spending his summer with shane, but we can pretty much assume that the only chemistry the two of them had was physical, based on the fact that all we see them do is make out. he was just biding his time, and showing rory that it wasn't as if she was the only girl in stars hollow that wanted a chance with him. i think it was actually pretty smart on his part. it seems to motivate rory, because it doesn't take long after this for her and dean's relationship to finally fall apart. i'm not saying i've been WISHING she and dean wouldn't work out, but it just becomes obvious, as dean says in the episode with the dance marathon, that she would rather be with jess.

and we all just want to see rory happy, right?
=]

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2007, 01:09:31 pm »

there is a strong possibility that i am over-posting this episode, but i noticed something when i watched this episode again last night.

when rory is helping paris prepare for her date and paris is asking a bunch of questions about how you know when you've met someone you should "be" with, rory begins describing how she knew she was with the right person in regards to dean, but as she kept talking, she began describing how things were with jess. for example, she starts off saying that the person you're with should like the same books as you and like to trash the same movies as you, and then she made some comment along the lines of "there's just something about not knowing what the other person is doing all the time that's just...exciting." that's not verbatim but it's close enough. then, you can see by her facial expression and reaction to her own words that she realized she was now describing jess and not dean, then quickly closed the subject.
i noticed this last night, because i turned on the dvd player to start where i had left off the night before, but i was cleaning my room so i got distracted and never did skip to the part i was supposed to start at and ended up rewatching this episode completely. and since i wasn't looking at the tv and being distracted by the visual of what was going on, all i heard were rory's words. then, as i noticed that she was obviously talking about jess instead of dean, i looked at the tv in time to see her kind of shake off the thought of the dean/jess situation and change the subject. i thought it was very interesting.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 01:11:06 pm by LoveMe011 » Logged

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2008, 01:47:09 pm »

Lazy Hazy crazy Summer days... 8drifts off* That song is going to be stuck FORVER!! I know, just sing the small world song.

I really think its unfair of Rory to do this to Dean, Dean (as overprotective as he ma be) really cares for her, I can see why Lorelei would get mad... and what is with Jess and Shane just sitting there making out?? Jess must have known that Rory was coming home!! i thought that was sucky of him.  Angry

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
Ange
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:50 pm »

Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days is just amazing i think it was a great start for season three... lorelai's dream was crazy if i had a dream like that about a friend i would be paranoid forever Smiley but i think that lor telling rory what for was good for her because she did take dean for granite and even if he is over protective he only means well and rory knows that..... jess, i cant believe he was kissing that nasty shane girl like who really does that (making out on a tree in town!). then again i cant fully blame jess becasue he didnt get a call or letter from rory and how can she really expect him to wait around i mean come on its jess were talking about!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: