Author Topic: 3.01 - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days  (Read 78308 times)

Offline TheHumanCoffeePot

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 58
  • Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.
    • View Profile
    • Lacey's Myspace...oh the joy
3.01 - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
« on: October 17, 2005, 01:23:59 pm »
Summary: Returning from her summer internship in Washington, D.C., where she mingled with members of Congress, including Senator Barbara Boxer (guest-starring as herself), Rory (Alexis Bledel) faces a dilemma in her conflict over Dean (Jared Padalecki) and Jess (Milo Ventimiglia). Lorelai (Lauren Graham) is overjoyed to have Rory home, but the news that Christopher's (David Sutcliffe) girlfriend is having a baby leaves Lorelai questioning her future.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...

chadwicked

Re: 3.01 - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:05:24 am »
darn those lazy hazy crazy days of summer

Offline lorelaigilmore16

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 05:36:45 pm »
I'm quite new to the forum so I don't really know what we're allowed/supposed to post in these threads, but my favorite part of the episode was when Lorelai (or more accurately Mimi ;) ) went into Luke's because she needed to talk to him and talked about how she was happy with her life but sometimes wanted that couple thing.  Oh heck, here's the dialogue (it's part of my AOL profile because it's one of the lines that makes me realize that i am very much like Lorelai Gilmore).

Luke: Is that so bad?   You've got friends, you've got a house, a job, apparently an iron stomach.
Lorelai: No, it's not so bad.  I'm lucky I know . . . I just . . . I feel like I'm never gonna have it . . .  The whole package, you know that person . . . that couple life.  And I swear, I hate admitting it because I fancy myself Wonder Woman . . .  but I really want it.  The whole package.
Luke: You'll get it
Lorelai: How do you know?

The audience doesn't always get to see the vulnerable side of Lorelai, but it's refreshing to see every once in a while. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 03:12:15 am by lorelaigilmore16 »

Offline warmblanket

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 11:22:42 pm »
I'm sure a lot of people were quite upset when this episode first aired  because there wasn't a Jess/Rory scene ;)

Offline leebeasy

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 08:33:46 am »
Darn that lazy hazy song it always get stuck in my head no matter what!

I'm not normally a fan of dream sequences but this one was an obvious dream and it was nice to Luke and Lorelai act in such a sweet and loving manner.

Offline emoreau94

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 05:17:33 pm »
MY  favaorite  season is three :o :o :o :o :hearts:

Offline coffeegilmoregirl

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 07:33:24 am »
Those days of laughter and peanuts and beer....(are those the words?)

Offline BodhiG

• Diner Regular
  • Community Points: 91
  • Ozma Lambchops
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 02:40:39 pm »
I think it's "soda and pretzels and beer."  I really like the orange shirt Rory has on when she's helping Paris get ready for her date.
"Why is it that when you miss somebody so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you always hear the saddest song ever on the radio?"

"Where's the baby?  THERE HE IS!"

Janich was my first.  Who says distance is a hindrance?

Offline dancer1012

• Town Elder
  • Community Points: 528
  • I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 09:43:49 pm »
I love the dream that Lorelai has!!! It is so funny and relates so much to now except the whole twins part?(For now anyway.) That girl Jess was with really bugs me she is so rude. Sorry I had to get that out. I'm done now.
*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..

Offline mhoefner

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 02:12:37 pm »
i love the drean she has it is so awesome i think luck is perfect for her :-*

Offline coffeegilmoregirl

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 07:49:04 am »
The dream was amazing!!!!!!That was probably my favorite opening to a season...
Paris is really pretty, she is anyway but when she gets dressed up she looks
all glamorous.

Offline unionroxs

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 6
  • Thank God for Tuesday Nights!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 04:26:16 pm »
The whole dream was awsome!! Luke and Lorelai belon together!!

Offline lukelorelaifanatic

• Gilmore Maid
  • Community Points: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 07:46:57 am »
When my mom started watching this episode, she was yelling at me thinking that I had put in the wrong disc when she saw Lorelai and Luke together. I started laughing and told her to keep watching. It's really funny because later she told me that she wished the first scene wasn't a dream because she really wanted Luke and Lorelai together.  :D Also, when you try to sing the smallworld song to get rid of the Lazy-Hazy-Crazy days summer, the smallworld sticks for even longer then the first song.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 07:48:21 am by lukelorelaifanatic »

They are so meant to be, I mean just look.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 02:03:01 pm »
Rory is so cruel, it seems like she wants it all. She wants Jess, it's obvious to everyone but her, and she still can't let go of Dean. She's going to let him keep hanging around even though she's fallen for Jess. She totally expected Jess to be pining for her all summer too, like the way she was pining for him, I guess.

Speaking of cruelty- Emily and Richard. They don't even consider for one second how horrible Lorelai must feel. All they can think of is how disappointed they are. No wonder Lorelai left home! These people aren't human beings, but some under-developed (but moneyed) variety.

Another couple of things: Rory looked fantastic in that dress she wore to the festival. And Paris too, on her date in Washington. And I can't get that horrible song from the title of the episode out of my head either! Ugh!

Offline Dani257

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 242
  • I post. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 03:07:46 pm »
Rory is so cruel, it seems like she wants it all. She wants Jess, it's obvious to everyone but her, and she still can't let go of Dean. She's going to let him keep hanging around even though she's fallen for Jess. She totally expected Jess to be pining for her all summer too, like the way she was pining for him, I guess.

You're absolutely right.  And, it's really bad the way she treated Dean, but you can maybe rationalize that as her still having lingering feelings or not wanting to go through another breakup.  But, it was really bratty of her to have the nerve to be upset that Jess wasn't going to put his life on hold for her.  I was glad he told her off.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html