GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 02:43:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.03 - Application Anxiety  (Read 37568 times)
Nat
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 02:02:01 pm »

Dave is awesome, the whole time he was with Lane he couldn't get the grin off his face. It was very cute!

I also love the scene when Rory calls and then can't speak to the guy from Harvard so Lor puts on that voice. Classic!

~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 07:25:51 pm »

i liked the episode, but i was really dissapointed that rory initially chose hillary clinton for her essay, since, like the princeton dude said, everyone writes about hillary. rory is more unique than that. if she wanted to grow up to be christiane amnapour and she idolized her, why didn't she write about her? hmmm...

other than that the kids: hilarous. I couldn't help comparing them to the very gilmores. those twins-not-twins were what emily wanted lorelai to be, and then rory meets the bunny girl and i'm like OMG that's lorelai! working low-paying jobs, her parents not talking about her, sneaking around. lol it made me crack up  Cheesy

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 11:56:59 pm »

i liked the episode, but i was really dissapointed that rory initially chose hillary clinton for her essay, since, like the princeton dude said, everyone writes about hillary. rory is more unique than that. if she wanted to grow up to be christiane amnapour and she idolized her, why didn't she write about her? hmmm...
Actually it was never really stated she DID write about Hilary and sent it. I'm more inclined to think she changed her mind when she talked to that daughter and decided to write about her mother as the person with the most impact on her. It goes along with her graduation speech. We won't ever know what she really wrote but I would like to think she said that because she also wrote that as the essay as well.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 04:28:42 pm »

i hope she wrote about lorelai. that would've been really sweet.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 09:34:40 pm »

Luke: Remember, kid, if you lie, you'll go to hell.   Cheesy

This episode...well, it scares me.  I mean, I've wanted to go to Harvard since I read about it when I was 9.  I didn't watch Gilmore Girls then, but when I first started watching, Rory's desire to go brought me into this show.  And Rory was freaking out.  But she had her mom supporting her.  My parents are not rich, nor do we have rich family.  But my parents have no idea I want to go...so it makes this whole thing more nervewracking...basically, the interview shooed Rory into Harvard.  I know it's TV, but still, I know Harvard is hard to go to, and this episode didn't help. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 12:16:31 pm »

so i thought the meeting at the alumnus's house was a great idea. as unique as his family was, i think it was very uplifting for rory to hear from a graduate of harvard university that she was as good as "in," especially considering her freak-out about not having extracurriculars or nature skills and all that good stuff. i would love to have had an opportunity like that before i started college. i am about to start my second semester of my freshman year, and i know it would have helped a LOT to have a graduate from my university to talk to before beginning my freshman year. mr. springsteen was very nice to agree to meet with rory, as well as invite her and lorelai into his home for lunch. odd family, but very entertaining. and that is, after all, what gilmore girls is all about. =]

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
Luke4Ever83
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

Luke 4 Ever

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 06:13:19 pm »

This is epi is so funny! I forgot how funny it was. Loreali talking on the phone pretending to be Rory....so funny! Great writing in this one!!!

Loreali: I hate to admit because I fancy myself Wonder Woman
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 06:59:05 pm »

I liked the scene where Rory meets Carol the outcast daughter and she is reminded (as if she needs reminding) how lucky she is that Lorelai does not shove things down her throat. When Carol says in her family "the Harvard brainwashing starts in the womb" and describes it as a "conveyer belt" it reminded me of the kind of manipulation that Lorelai received from Emily.

The scene where Lorelai and Rory meet the "conveyer belt" brother and sister is hilarious:

LORELAI: Ew!

RORY: What?

LORELAI: Did they just leave to take a shower together?

RORY: Oh, gross!

LORELAI: What? They bounced in together, they bounced out together.

RORY: New topic.

LORELAI: Canít take gritty reality?

RORY: Or slanderous postulating.

LORELAI: And how is it they just came off the tennis court and theyíre not even sweating?

RORY: I donít know. Maybe when youíre that white, you donít sweat.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 01:02:10 pm »

lol..i hate to be the one to point this out, but who is rory to point fingers at other pasty people when she herself practically glows??

just a question.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 05:20:57 pm »

she doesnt shower with siblings  Grin

starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 04:29:25 pm »

I LOVED this Episode. Altough, Since Rory deiceded that Dean deserved her undivided attention, it seems shes trying TO HARD to be with him in this episode.

I loved when Lorelei was pretending to know want Darren was talking about! "Zoton Comittee!" Grin

and I also liked when Dave and Lane first met shes all "I love you! for the way you are..."

and Finally, Gilomore Girls though and through, have a day out together! YAY!  Cheesy

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
drain
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 11:09:06 am »

"im not going to justify myself to someone with a tail!"

didnt like the fact rory likes that evil wench that is hillary

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 09:56:43 pm »

"Thank you for not putting me on the conveyor belt."
One of the things I really liked is that Rory hears something different than what she thought she had to do to get into the college of her choice. She's always had it in her head that Harvard was it. She was so concentrated with the grades that she forgot about the other things that might be important. She can learn things from Paris, though she really hates to admit that she learned anything from her. Paris can learn a thing or two from Rory too. I also like that Rory gets to see another side of life, how it would be growing up with parents who put a lot of pressure on you to go to a certain school, be a certain someone, etc. and to realize that she puts the pressure on herself. Lorelai would be happy if she went to a community college, heck, that's what she did.

I like that Rory and Dean have a conversation about the future of their relationship. They have to figure out what will happen, Rory isn't slowing down and waiting...but a very real question has been posed. I think Dean is quite understanding for the most part, just maybe faced with the reality that Rory is going away for school, and he's sad.

I loved the scene with the two kids and then Kirk, coming in to Luke's on Taylor's behalf, trying to make a point. The kids are hilarious! I really liked how Luke pics both the kid and Kirk up and take them outside to Taylor to confront him on the issue. Great!

I think that those who are upset by the thought that Rory was going to write her entrance essay about Hillary Clinton are forgetting what time this episode came out, it wasn't during this current election. Hillary has been an icon for women who want to get into politics or make a way for themselves in the world, doing whatever. It came as no surprise to me that Rory would think of her to write about, as well, to be inspired by. Not saying anything about my views on Hillary, that's not the point.

I love Dave and Lane in this, and many season 3 episodes. They are so cute together! Very good boyfriend to have at this age, for Lane. He's totally smitten with her too, and to do what he needs to do to get on Mrs. Kim's good side or at least attempt to, is saying a lot for what someone think of Lane with her crazy tight parental rules. I ultimately love Zach and Lane but Dave was a great boyfriend!!

I wonder what Darren and his family thought of Lorelai and Rory? I know that Darren recommends Rory as a great applicant for Harvard but I wonder what he thought of Lorelai? And did he ever figure out that Lorelai was pretending to be Rory when she initially called to set up the date for dinner? I love their portrayal of the the type of family that they seem to be, the prestigious over the top think they're so smart, value education and intelligence type. Yeah that type. Not that there's anything wrong with that type of family, I just think that it's done well. That game they play at the table would have to annoy the heck out of me, I'd for sure lose. I'd totally be the girl with the carrot rebelling against the rest of the family! Tongue Lorelai - always knows how to get herself out of sticky or uncomfortable situations, doesn't she?! She knows how to talk, but always makes people laugh!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:02:08 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 08:32:06 am »

The Springsteen family reminded me of a Stepford version of the Gilmores, with Carol, the outcast, as their family's "Lorelai." If Emily & Richard had a few kids, i reckon at least one of them would have gone on their conveyor belt.†

There is an angle where Rory might be viewed on Lorelai's conveyor belt. After all, Rory's had Harvard imprinted on her brain since she was a tot, which is a way of declaring independence from Richard. But i agree with Mel that there is not the sense of Lorelai forcing it on her. She is not kidding herself about Rory's huge potential in the world and she wants her to have the best opportunity to attain it.† It's typical of Lorelai to accept community college for herself (and nothing wrong with that), but she wants much more for Rory.

Lane is back! I missed her. I love her story line this season, with Dave and the band. Already we get premonitions of the romance between Lane & Dave, taking all of a minute for them to connect as kindred spirits. It's fun to see how much less guarded Lane is with a guy, compared to Rory.

My Lane-related complaint is that we don't see Rory confiding in her about anything, not about Christopher and not about the Jess-Dean thing. Rory is a close-to-the-vest kind of person, but it would be good to see her confiding to her non-maternal best friend. Maybe she is embarrassed about Jess-Dean and the Christopher thing is too painful to discuss, but i'd like to see something.

This episode goes into a kind of pre-Jess time-warp, back to the early issue of how Rory & Dean's different goals can drive a wedge between them. It's refreshing to see Dean being realistic about their pending separation if she goes to Harvard, with none of his insecure side. And typical of Rory to live in a fantasy world where Dean moves to Boston for the sake of being near her. It's been a while since Rory has been realistic about Dean and, even without Jess being mentioned here, she continues the trend. There is something sweet and romantic about Rory not wanting to face the cold facts. But i have to ignore Fast Forwardy Land and † Rewindy Land to see it that way.

It's plain silly the way Luke is under Lorelai's sway. All that anti-Taylor ranting about the soda shop (excuse me, shoppe) and all Lorelai (with Rory's back-up) has to do is say "We like ice cream" and he caves.†

I caught a factual error by Paris. She was chiding the teacher about the Beatles at Shea Stadium and referred to the concert in 1963. The concert was in 1965.

In the previous episode, we had a widely admired gold shirt. In this episode we get a... bunny costume? Too bad Lorelai didn't wear the costume. She has a way of flattering anything she wears.† Smiley

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 10:18:23 am »

The brother and sister were so weird! dressing to match! they r the weirest brother and sister!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: