GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 24, 2022, 04:54:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.04 - One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes  (Read 54518 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:21:41 pm »

Summary: The Stars Hollow PTA invites Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) to speak at the high school's career day, but when the students bombard Lorelai with questions about her teenage pregnancy, the PTA moms turn ugly. After discovering that her mother (Emily Kuroda) wants her to go to a conservative religious college, Lane (Keiko Agena) asserts her independence by dyeing her hair purple, with Rory's (Alexis Bledel) help.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
lmb0507
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

Gotta Miss those Chilton Years...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 09:11:28 am »

Has anyone else noticed that in this episdoe Jess has Shane hiding in the closet even though she is working at the beauty store where Rory runs into her?Huh

LORELAI: It’s called Vicious Trollop.
EMILY: Oh, stop it! Now why would you name a lipstick something like that?
LORELAI: ‘Cause ‘dirty whore’ was taken?
chadwicked
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 12:03:14 pm »

oh yeah thats cool, you should write a letter to them
coffeegilmoregirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 06:25:13 am »

I noticed that, and it really bugged me. I thought, well maybe shane
had a lunch break. But it would have been quick because first we saw
her when rory and lane bought the purple dye, and then again when rory went back to
get black dye.I doubt that within that little bit of time shane jumped over to jess's place,and
did something that would force her to jump in the closet.-oh whatever.
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 03:28:42 pm »

Oh, man, I just watched that episode, and I didn't even notice the fact that Jess had Shane hiding in the closet, yet she was supposed to be working at the beauty shop. I can never stand when Jess is a jerk to Luke, saying all those things about how he's just waiting around for Lorelai, hoping one day she'll just turn around and fall into his lap. It's true, but Jess doesn't have to be such a jackass the way he says it, when it's obviously a sensitive subject for Luke.

rorry
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 04:16:50 pm »

do you guys think that he is with the blond to get Rorry mad
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 04:57:09 pm »

Well, I don't think to get her mad, but jellous might be a good one.  He wants to show her that he's not going to sit around waiting for her, he's going to get some random girl who is willing to make out with him anywhere and basically almost stalk Rory so she has to keep seeing the two of them together.  Personally, thats what I think his trick is to getting Rory.  Though, making out with someone else, in my personal oppinion, is not a good way to get that person because they will just get sad/upset everytime they see the two of "you" together, but "you" are "with" the other person, so "I" wouldn't do anything about it.  Haha, wow, seemes like I used a lot of quotation marks...

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Lapis Lazuli

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 10:16:57 pm »

Oh, man, I just watched that episode, and I didn't even notice the fact that Jess had Shane hiding in the closet, yet she was supposed to be working at the beauty shop. I can never stand when Jess is a jerk to Luke, saying all those things about how he's just waiting around for Lorelai, hoping one day she'll just turn around and fall into his lap. It's true, but Jess doesn't have to be such a jackass the way he says it, when it's obviously a sensitive subject for Luke.

The thing is Luke was giving him grief about not finding a girl he wants to treat well when Luke knew Jess had a thing for Rory. In the final episode of season 2 when Jess comes back andJess starts to leave Luke tells him "she's not home" and warns him away from Rory. So I think Jess was right on giving him a little of his own back. It was a bit petulant, sure. Instead of saying what they both knew- that he liked Rory and that's why he's with Shane, he's a bit cruel to Luke. But he could never admit to Luke or anyone how much he liked Rory.
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 03:43:46 pm »

But he could never admit to Luke or anyone how much he liked Rory.

He never had a good sense of communication with anyone. Not even with Rory when they started dateing. Jess always acted like sucha rebel so to him it was like he "couldn't" tell anyone about his feelings. It was like a badass thing or something.

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 03:26:04 pm »

"Shout out to Mama Kim on that one!!!"

"The Kim house does not have Seven Up..we have Salad Water. Which bares no resemblance to Seven Up."

HA.

Lane was loookin pretty cool with that  purple hair. I loved when she went out and ran around the square because of her scalp burning. I also loved when she was trying to think of things that would make her not think of her painful scalp..and she starts talking about Vin Deisel ((and his "mysterious ethnicity")).

But..i think my favorite part was when Lorelai was confronted by all the moms and tells them they all visited the same lousy hairdresser and that the next time she see's their daughters she'll  bring condoms//bananas and will have a little show and tell.

HA.

this was a really cool episode. one of my favorites Pleased

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 07:06:04 pm »

HA.

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 07:07:00 pm »

HA.
That was funny when Lane ran around the block.

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 69

Back and better than ever!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 04:07:38 pm »

Jess was with Shane because he was bitter about how nothing ever works out... not a direct quote but he says
Luke: "Don't you respect her?"
Jess: "I dont respect her, she doesnt respect me, its no big deal"
Luke: "why would you be doing this if you didnt care about her"
Jess: "because the girls I care about dont give a damn about me!"

There I think he is referencing mainly to Rory, but Liz aswell. He cared about his mom and she was off with all those other guys, so he rebelled. Rory was being hot/cold with him, flirting etc. but then leaving him to completely commit to Dean, who he knew she didnt care about as much anymore. He was just hurt and confused, and was acting as if he was hiding it from Rory by "moving on".
That conversation between Luke and Jess always got to me.

Bs FAN CLUB!
Pri is my long lost sister!
Honourary South African!
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 02:42:28 pm »

The thing is Luke was giving him grief about not finding a girl he wants to treat well when Luke knew Jess had a thing for Rory. In the final episode of season 2 when Jess comes back andJess starts to leave Luke tells him "she's not home" and warns him away from Rory. So I think Jess was right on giving him a little of his own back. It was a bit petulant, sure. Instead of saying what they both knew- that he liked Rory and that's why he's with Shane, he's a bit cruel to Luke. But he could never admit to Luke or anyone how much he liked Rory.

I agree with everything you said. Luke was giving Jess greif, so Jess was just giving him greif back!! Yes, Jess was a little harsh about it but still.....

Lane did look pretty cool with that purple hair!! Rory is such a good friend to crawl out the window and go back to the store to get black hair dye so they can dye it back!!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
notebook_romance
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

once.in.a.lifetime

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 02:54:43 pm »

This is gunna sound weird, but I actually figured that Shane was in the closet, yu can tell becuz when Lorelai is standing and waiting for luke to come out of the washroom hes kinda talking fast and actually making conversation with Lorelai, plus when she looked suspicous and he asked if something was wrong, he kinda looked toward the door first. As for Shane being there, what most people didn't realize is that her lunch break wouldn't have interupted things with the whole hiding in the closet becuz when Rory and Lane were dying her hair it takes a few hours between the bleach washing the hair drying the hair adding in the purple then washing the hair and drying the hair, she would've been back in plenty of time from her lunch break to go back to work and have Rory get ...'impatient' with her (which I totally support lol.)

<.true.love.is.not.a.maybe.thing.>
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: