GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 02:08:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.05 - Eight O'Clock at the Oasis  (Read 36068 times)
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 05:21:53 pm »

I Loved the secene when jess and Rory were standing there wet! it was sweet, and Jess looked so hot!  Kiss LOL The part at the beginning in luke's when the mom's were there and the one mom started nursing was so funny  Cheesy and when jess walked down I laughed out loud! and the part about Emily's tea spot?? I didn't get that!  Embarrassed

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
katiekatie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 10:43:57 am »

Is that how ladies in the upper class behave? That's ridiculous. Justin Tanner is one hell of a writer.

P.s. Btw, the summary above is not this episode's.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 07:01:26 pm »

Ha ha! jess in that blue vest...somthing i have 2 c before i die!!! Cheesy

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 04:56:13 pm »

Jess did look hot, wet.  The opening scene where a woman is breast feeding and Jess sees it.  Oh man.

I would love to go to a David Bowie concert.  I wish he was my dad.

That date must've sucked yet, for Bowie, I'd do anything. 

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 08:11:19 am »

Reading through the posts, we have an official theme for this thread: Jess is hot when he is wet. Okey Dokey, i get it. I don't feel quite so attuned to Jess' cause. With the benefit of Fast Forwardy Lane, Jess was rarely so attentive to Rory when they were actually a couple. I'm sure he would have turned off the sprinklers even after he was her boyfriend, but generally speaking he rarely made an effort on her behalf. I look at the sprinkler scene as an example of a guy being considerate during the courting phase and taking his gal for granted after they are together. For the moment, however, for Rory it's a small gesture that can go a long way. The guy scored his points.

We've seen Richard do this before, looking down his nose at Emily's social obligations (his agreement with Lorelai that the first tea thing is "insane"), while also understanding the importance to her and to the Gilmore's social standing. He's in his "proper procedure" mode. Although he approaches the issue the way he might swat a pesky fly, it is touching in a way that he will do whatever is necessary to help Emily. In Richard & Emily's world, there is probably no greater act of loyalty a husband can do on behalf of his wife.

Bowie is awesome and there are worse ways to spend an evening than at a concert with a person you don't like. The date would be no worse than seeing a movie together because there wouldn't be a whole lot of chit-chat during the concert. Oh, but that wasn't really the point, was it? Lorelai needed yet another reminder of the pitfalls involved in treading in E & R's world. And Emily doesn't quite care, or even notice, that this is precisely why Lorelai keeps a safe distance from that world, so long as she gets her first cup of tea.

I love this bit:
LORELAI: Independence Inn.
EMILY: You really should identify yourself when you answer the phone at work.
LORELAI: Sorry. Independence Inn, major disappointment speaking. Better?
EMILY: Yes, thank you.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 10:18:19 am »

Haha well i totally agree with bingbong. Especialy on the whole Jess is hot when he is wet tihng cause well -duh!- he is.
And may i say i just luv how emily sometimes just goes with Lorlais sacasm  Cheesy Its always so random but it cracks me up every time

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 11:27:57 am »

just a little perspective, but doesn't anyone here think Rory is totally hot when her uniform gets soaked? I mean, just my opinion, but I think Jess looks exactly the same when doused. I wish I knew the name of his hair product.

I was thinking about that crap with Richard supporting his wife's mad power structure (if I am ever an evil overlord, I will never suggest my child date my competitor's child.) Jess... didn't just come running when he learned Rory was having a panic attack. After he got there, he listened to her protests, then turned the water back on to support Rory's particular(ly senseless) rules. Before getting run out of town, he probably would have hanged around long enough to earn a few dirty looks from Dean.

So that's my Richard/Jess parallel. Dean had trouble coping with all the weird and stupid stuff Rory has to do to get into Harvard, but Jess seems to demonstrate a little understanding here - of course it makes no sense that nobody but Dean can come running to her rescue when she has an emergency, but Jess plays along because he cares about her feelings enough not to judge her compliance with Dean's byzantine paranoia.

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 02:11:22 pm »

My attempt at sarcasm was a bit too subtle (it's not subtle in person), because i couldn't care less about how Jess looks, wet or dry. Rory looks good either way.

"Crap" is an apt word for Richard's Hartford/DAR power structure dealings, but he is only one overlord among many and not above the rules. He is not one to flout the rules, even if he knows how idiotic they are; he is a product of them and, in any case, he probably doesn't have the imagination to think outside the box. Besides, he is not only thinking of Emily or even the Gilmore name; he just wants the thing settled for his own sake, so he doesn't have to deal with it any longer. As for Jess, is there any chance he understood Rory's predicament over Dean being the hero because Jess himself is part of why she and Dean have a problem in the first place? If Dean feels any paranoia, it has a basis in reality. As the saying goes, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Lucky Jess, he got to be the hero twice, first by turning the water off, then by turning it back on.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 05:57:56 pm »

Hmm, I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing... way to go!

Heh, I think this incident of Jess having sympathy for rules-girl Rory is pretty isolated. I mean, the heroic part was running to her when he saw she was in trouble, the Richard bit was him running away when he found out his presence would bump her down the tea table. It's not precisely heroic, just him acting the same way Luke does around Lorelai's baggage, all patheticness implied.

I don't think there's anything heroic about beating your daughter over the head with a golf club if she upsets her mother. It's just one more step in the interminable dance of Lorelai and Emily skirting each other's issues, never confronting the problem, but being forced by outside circumstances to put on a good face and help each other out. Emily wants to be the perfect little DAR commander the same way Rory wants to be the perfect little girlfriend, but Emily has a scandalously misbehaved daughter and Rory has a scandalously wandering heart. Without Richard and Jess, both Emily's and Rory's dysfunctional relationships would have taken a hit.

Corey_Gilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Watch out for that spork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 04:32:02 am »

I love it when Rory gets wet...
"WOAH! Ah! Oo gross! Dean...please have your pager on....Dean! Damn you! Aw, man!"

I ♥ this ep!

If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there on the next train

Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 05:00:34 pm »

Aw i luv this guy he is against Dean!

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 07:21:44 pm »

I think its so funny when Rory is watering the african violets and then Dwight's ex- wife calls and satarts screaming to the answerphone. The look on Rory's face was priceless. I was laughing for ages

That was my favorite part of this episode, poor Rory looked like a frightened puppy.

Peyton(Jon Hamm/Mad Men) looked like a Dweebe, when he came to pick up Lorelai. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 06:42:43 am by Gilmore Gyrlie » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: