GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 09:10:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.06 - Take the Deviled Eggs...  (Read 62383 times)
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2007, 01:04:39 pm »

I loved the whole Luke/Jess part and Luke mocking him about wallmart at the end. It was funny. I thought it was stupid that Rory did that to Jess, but funny. And when Lorelai got mad at Sherry it showed that she still felt something for Chris, but I loved the part when Rory was singing karokie, haehaha!

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2007, 01:12:23 pm »

oh my gosh Rory singing Karaoke really saved this episode for me because it was HILARIOUS!!! She is worse at singing that I am and that is saying something!!!
Green is the new pink!! lol sooooo funny seriously Sherry and her friends are kinda weird!! Peopl who say that kinda stuff about fashion can really bug me sometimes!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
GlmrGrltAtHeart
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 44

Bunny cake! Yum!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2007, 04:57:34 pm »

I like the end when they throw the deviled eggs and then drive away making a siren noise to pretend the cops are after them! Cheesy I felt really bad for Lorelai in this episode. Then Sherry made it worse. It is bad enough that your daughter's dad is having a baby with another woman after saying he would make it work this time. Then having to go to the baby shower with his girlfriend's weird friend's? Come on! Angry

JJs  will always keep F.A.I.T.H.
Maurie: High on the Maze.
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2007, 06:25:13 pm »

Green is the new pink!!
I find it even more hysterical when I hear Lorelai in "A Messenger Nothing More" (5.02) saying: "Yeah, well Pale is the new Tan"

The first time I watched the Town Protest I laughed SOoo hard and it's still funny as ever. "Stop the Noodleschoos!" Lorela- "Let's all think of things that begin with the letter "R" that someone could protest," Rory- "Rague!" my favorite part of that is the "inability to communicate" ramble Lorelai went on that actually made sense.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:28:12 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2007, 06:32:54 pm »

Green is the new pink!!
I find it even more hysterical when I hear Lorelai in "A Messenger Nothing More" (5.02) saying: "Yeah, well Pale is the new Tan"

LOL!   Cheesy  And even funnier in "Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant!" when Lorelai says to Gigi: "I hear strained spinach is the new pink!"  I love it.   Wink

grnpepper8
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2007, 10:49:32 am »

GiGi question:
I have a question that's been bugging me--Does GiGi stand for GeorGia?  or is there some other "G" involved?
Poor, poor child, having to live with such a demanding woman like Sherry.  How do she and Chris work being so opposite!?  (I suppose they don't work out for very long)
I love all of the Wal-Mart jokes!!!  I'm surprise that Jess didn't punch Luke as a result of his jokes! 
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2007, 07:35:19 am »

I have a question that's been bugging me--Does GiGi stand for GeorGia?  or is there some other "G" involved?

Yeah, I never understood that either...why Gigi...

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2007, 06:54:26 pm »

I have a question that's been bugging me--Does GiGi stand for GeorGia? or is there some other "G" involved?

Yeah, I never understood that either...why Gigi...

they call her GiGi because the're are 2 G's in Georgia.

I personally think this was one of the funniest episodes of GG. I mean I've seen almost every episode and this one takes the cake for me. That baby shower was beyond funny, from the unconvential green cake and baloons you know because green is the new pink to sharrys drunk friends, Rory's Karoke and Lorelais catharsis. I mean it was like you could put youself in Lorelai or Rory's position and knew exactly what kind of party they were at because everyones been to one. You know the party where you know anyone and you just think to yourself "these people are all nuts, when can I leave" Not to mention them deviled egging Jess' car, c'mon that was funny.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
kim_gilmoregirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2007, 07:23:20 pm »

JESS: Someone prepared deviled eggs to throw at my car?

LUKE: Man, they must hate you a lot. Hey, maybe it was the guy in the garden department.

JESS: I’m gonna go get something to clean this up.

LUKE: Or maybe it was the assistant night manager. You guys have words in the snack room?

HAHAHA I loved that part, I couldn't stop laughing. I loved when they egged Jess' car and this epi made me dislike Sherry even more. She's so annoying.

Dave & Lane. < 3

Logan & Rory. < 3
monsoon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 10:23:40 am »

I personally think this was one of the funniest episodes of GG. I mean I've seen almost every episode and this one takes the cake for me. That baby shower was beyond funny, from the unconvential green cake and baloons you know because green is the new pink to sharrys drunk friends, Rory's Karoke and Lorelais catharsis. I mean it was like you could put youself in Lorelai or Rory's position and knew exactly what kind of party they were at because everyones been to one. You know the party where you know anyone and you just think to yourself "these people are all nuts, when can I leave" Not to mention them deviled egging Jess' car, c'mon that was funny.

Oh yes, this is a laugh-out-loud funny episode -  You forgot the part about the town loner! The scene with the Rabbi, the Reverend and Taylor was really funny, and the "protest" scene was just hilarious - "Stop the noodle schmooz"!   Grin
katiekatie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2008, 10:52:08 am »

I thought the scene where rory and lorelai egged jess's car was funny and great, however, in real life you could be in serious trouble for that. Just one of the many ways tv is unlike the real world. lol. o well, funny episode. I loved it.

Oh yeah you can swing it without getting caught.  Wink
katiekatie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2008, 10:58:03 am »

What a snob that Sherry is. That tone, that voice, acting as if she is so innocent.
I like how the girls dressed at the end of the episode. Denim looks good on them.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2008, 04:49:05 pm »

Devil egg his car was so funny a great cause i hate jess so them doing that was one of the best things 2 happen on gg! Cheesy

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2008, 04:08:12 pm »

That Sherry is extremely obnoxious.  No wonder Gigi is so screwed up.  She's all about organization and such.  What she revealed to Lorelai about Christopher.  I don't blame Lorelai for getting angry and taking it all out on Sherry's medicine cabinet. 

Man, her friends are annoying and all of those activities and the karaoke.  Wow, awkward.  Rory's definitely got her father's bad singing genes.  I remember reading a fan fiction in which Rory was singing off-key and Richard said "Must be those Hayden genes".

That car, wow.  It's a piece of junk and... Jess works at Wal-Mart!!  Ha-ha.  And now look at his car.  It got pelted with deviled eggs.  Who wants to leave Stars Hollow and miss all that fun?

OMG!!!  Miss Patty's date is that fat guy from Borat.  Azamat.  Real name:  Ken Davitan.  Wow, Twin Peaks and Borat in an episode of Gilmore Girls.  That's extreme!
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2008, 08:09:39 am »

I can't stand Sherry and i can't stand that i can't find any serious fault with her in this episode! She's her usual annoying self, but that's the worst i can say. Where's the loathsome Sherry manipulation? She doesn't know about the hanky-panky between Lorelai and Christopher in "I Can't Get Started" and i don't see her as trying to stick anything in Lorelai's face. Quite the opposite, she's viewing Lorelai as the person who helped bring Christopher back to her! I don't always take her at her word, but i see no reason to doubt that she means it. 

However, the de facto result for Lorelai amounts to the whole thing with Christopher being shoved in her face. A full day of reminders from Sherry's cackling voice of what could have been Lorelai's own happy life. I cut Lorelai some slack because that's a hard thing to take, but it brings out some bad moments for her. Her rant to Rory in the bathroom comes across as petty. She is already feeling insecure about Rory going off to college next year and she's feeling territorial about her daughter, but that's nothing new. It reminded me of "The Bracebridge Dinner," when she didn't tell Rory about Christopher requesting her to join him and Sherry for the holidays. Or, her epic battles with Emily & Richard over her. Ok, her defenses automatically go up, but she could try taking a breath and remembering the deep bond she has with Rory. She uses it as one more excuse to fuel her resentment over the pregnancy.

I saw a parallel between Lorelai/Sherry and Rory/Jess' car. L & R each lost something and they are each being confronted dead-on with the unpleasant reality. I thought the egging was childish and nothing more. I suppose Lorelai was symbolically egging Jess and Sherry and Christopher simultaneoulsy, but she ought to go home and punch a pillow instead.

I liked seeing Lane going into best-friend mode for Rory's sake, but the way she reacted was a flashback to the town's initial reaction to the car crash, where Jess was the presumed villain. Rory apparently has tangled feelings between not wanting to be the angelic victim, resentment over losing her car and her irrational resentment over Jess not throwing himself at her feet. Also, her karaoke moment came across as an example of why people in S.H. think she is oh-so-adorable. It reminded me of Paris' crack that little birdies must help her get dressed in the morning. I thought her singing was cutsie in a nauseating way.

I like to think the town "Boo Radley" was protesting for the sake of protesting, just to make a point to the wanna-be dictator Taylor. That works for me. But the rabbi and reverand thoroughly manhandled Taylor in their hilarious scene, which was a perfect anti-Taylor protest.

RABBI: We answer to a higher authority. . . like the hot dog.
REVEREND: I laugh every time you say that.
RABBI: I know. Funny is funny.
TAYLOR: Well, I can guarantee that God does not want this either.
REVEREND: Did you hear that, David? Taylor Doose is in direct communication with God.
RABBI: Thirty years I’m working for God, I haven’t received so much as a card.
REVEREND: Is it by phone that you speak with him, Taylor?
RABBI: Do you have a God phone, Taylor?
TAYLOR: Rabbi, please.
REVEREND: What’s he like? For us common folk who’ve never met him?
RABBI: Is he short, is he tall?
REVEREND: Does he like to laugh?
RABBI: Is the whole shellfish thing really serious? Because, I gotta tell you, some of these Red Lobster commercials. . .
REVEREND: They look good, huh?
RABBI: Oh, with the melted butter? Oh my God.

RABBI: You’re gonna tell my little old ladies, my bubbies, you’re shutting down their bingo?
TAYLOR: I’m not afraid of your bubbies, Rabbi.
REVEREND: Oh, God, thank you for letting me be in the room when Taylor said that.

REVEREND: ... Taylor, you’re a Sunday Protestant. You come in, you say ‘Hi God’, you sing a song, and you leave.
TAYLOR: I always leave a dollar!
REVEREND: For your singing voice, you should leave two.
TAYLOR: Well, fine, if you feel like that, maybe I will just stop showing up altogether. Maybe I’ll convert to something else and give them my generous weekly donation.
REVEREND: Do you want him?
RABBI: Not after the whole bubbies thing.
REVEREND: Maybe the Shakers in Woodbury would take him.
RABBI: Yeah, he’s already got the beard. Can you make furniture, Taylor?
TAYLOR: Goodbye gentlemen.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: