GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 02:51:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.07 - The Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?  (Read 115619 times)
Steph-x3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Gilmore Girl & One Tree Hill <3

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2008, 11:32:12 am »

This was on today:)
i cant believe they've broke up.
But now Rory & jess will be together,
but they break up eventually, dont they? Cry

"Really? Which one?" - Rory
"The fat one." - Lorelai
"Come on, which one? The one on the motorcycle or the one in the sidecar?" - Rory
"See, itís fun just talking about the Two Fat Ladies." - Lorelai
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2008, 01:31:16 pm »

Well, she's still in high school. When TV people mate for life in high school, the show is usually set later in their lives. Except on Boy Meets World, still trying to figure that one out.

tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2008, 02:46:50 pm »

Yes Steph-x3 they do break up and lessa how can u not get boy meet world?!

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2008, 03:37:13 pm »

Well, I mean, I get it, I've just never seen a show that popular where the true blue lovers both grew up together and got married inside the span of the show. Wait, unless Kevin ended up married to Winni, I can't remember.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2008, 04:13:27 pm »

Ahhhhh the Wonder Years.  Those were the days!!!

I'm hoping to get a chance to watch this episode today and I will then come back and make a contribution... I promise!

Please read Forum Rules
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2008, 04:58:19 pm »

Aww, don't let that stop you, we're a little off-topic today, anyway.

Ahem, speaking of which, I can see why this is such a popular episode for visuals. A lot happens. Plus, the girls are dressed in gorgeous period clothing. I've seen a lot of caps from "We've Got Magic to Do," too. ^_^

It's a little ironic that Lorelai wants to take Kirk's dance trophy so badly, since his obsession with dance saved her butt when she stole Taylor's movie-picking crown. But it's not like that's all he has, he approaches all his stunts with the same bravado and desire for attention. Lorelai was never getting that trophy, she just didn't want it as bad. Of course, the first time I watched it, I thought it was eerie that the last scene was such a bizarro parody of Lorelai's prediction. "I wonder if he'll cry" indeed!

Steph-x3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Gilmore Girl & One Tree Hill <3

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2008, 05:05:28 pm »

Kirk scares me Grin I so wish Lorelai got the trophy just so i could have seen him cry :Smiley But Rory was right when she said that if Lorelai took the trophy from him, he'd be left with nothing at all:( which is sad.
[/color]

"Really? Which one?" - Rory
"The fat one." - Lorelai
"Come on, which one? The one on the motorcycle or the one in the sidecar?" - Rory
"See, itís fun just talking about the Two Fat Ladies." - Lorelai
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2008, 06:24:13 pm »

Well, I mean, I get it, I've just never seen a show that popular where the true blue lovers both grew up together and got married inside the span of the show. Wait, unless Kevin ended up married to Winni, I can't remember.

Getting us back off-topic, Kevin did not marry Winni. In the series finale his narration revealed that she went off to Paris. When she came back to their town he greeted her at the airport with his wife, whose identity was not revealed. They might have also had a child, i don't recall.†

Back to this ep, i agree about the visuals. The scan of everyone swing dancing is awesome. L & R do very, very, very well with their retro look. Kirk always looks like some kinda retro freak to me, so it wasn't much of a stretch. In his own way, Luke was doing a retro thing, back to the '90s grunge days.

The movie They Shoot Horses, Don't They? † is terrific and i was thinking of it during the "runaround." The S.H. version was a happy romp compared to the torture the contestants suffered in the movie, where one of the characters actually died along the way.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2008, 09:28:15 pm »

Well, flannel was popular in the 90s but the trend kind of really started in the 70s by Neil Young. 
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2008, 11:07:21 pm »

True, he was nicknamed "the godfather of grunge" for a while and that would be a closer reference point for Luke's age. But, despite how much L & R love his food (at no charge), i wouldn't want him cooking my breakfast. Fixing a shoe, ok.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2008, 01:58:27 am »

LOL - I guess you just need more girly parts to see the upside to Luke cooking you breakfast Jim!!! Grin

Sookie: Last night, I made coq au vin for dinner, so of course the subject of children came up.
Lorelai: Of course.

This line cracked me up.† I can only begin to imagine how this conversation unfolded with Sookie and Jackson being two of the more awkward people when it comes to discussing intimacies. Cheesy

Please read Forum Rules
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2008, 08:57:03 am »

Ha, lessa, the picture I have in my head of a revenge notebook is more Billy Madison themed so itís definitely scary.† I like your version better.

I blame Jacksonís perceived creepiness in this episode on Sookie.† She as much as admitted to phrasing her statement to Jackson as ďso I was talking to Lorelai and she thinks four in four is preposterousĒ.† Thatís not the way to approach the conversation.† When it comes down to it, after a certain extent it isnít any of Lorelaiís business.† Other than providing support to her friend, Jackson was right, she doesnít get a say in the matter.† Again, the way Sookie must have said it to Jackson made it sound like Lorelaiís opinion had changed her mind and the only person that should have an influence on how many kids a couple has and when they do it are the people that make up the couple.† I do think Jackson was avoiding the actual problem by taking it out on Lorelai as vehemently as he did but, imo, Sookie needed to approach that differently and leave Lorelai out of it.†

I thought the horse shot was the R/D relationship.† Now Iím really confused Cheesy

I'd be okay with Luke cooking breakfast but not for the same reasons, Caryn.† I love a good old greasy spoon.

OT: Boy Meets World was a great show (not as good as Wonder Years), Iím not sure how they made it work with that sort of plot either though.† Guy gets girl, guy keeps girl.† Who wants to watch that?† Mr. Feeney mustíve been a big draw Wink
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2008, 01:05:31 pm »

I picture Paris' revenge notebook with a star system, each star representing a level of revenge she wants to inflict on the perceived enemy. She'd include a few keywords for each name as a quickie word association reminder. Paris is detail-oriented that way.† Cool I'd pay serious money to read her diary if she kept one, and i can picture her face as the rage spews out onto the page.

Dean "shot" Rory but he was simultaneously shooting their relationship, one and the same. I'd estimate by the end of "A-Tisket..." the horse took a serious turn for the worse but there was the possibility of life-saving surgery. By the time of "Lorelai's Graduation Day" and especially "I Can't Get Started" Rory wounded the horse beyond hope and it laid there for months. The poor suffering beast was kicked into further agony along the way by Rory with her bogus pro-con lists, bogus resentment towards Jess and yearning gazes in the direction of Jess & Shane.†

Lorelai showed remarkable patience towards Sookie when she learned how Sookie had distorted her words. I know i would have been far more outwardly annoyed at her. I agree that Jackson is right, Lorelai has no "say" in how many kids they have and i'm sure Lorelai would concur. Lorelai's best friend came to her with a serious concern and she backed her up. If Sookie had bounced up to Lorelai and giddily told her she wants four-in-four, Lorelai would have likewise backed her up. Ok, she would have been stunned and possibly brought up a few practicalities beyond no alcohol, but she would have supported her and not tried to talk her out of it. So, yeah, Jackson got carried away in his anger and he needs to view his wife as a human and not a fertility machine, but Sookie escalated the issue beyond the confines of their home. Which brings me back to my original gripe about Sookie, that it's about time she got over her insecurities about losing Jackson's affections. I find it especially frustrating because she has shown how remarkably strong she is underneath her cheery exterior. On the few occasions when Lorelai has stepped out of line with her, she held her own. I know her dream guy is a different creature from her best friend, but still.

Dang, i could twist Lauren's words into thinking she crushed on Mr. Feeney! But that would be almost as scary-weird as four-in-four.† Shocked Boy Meets World† was cute but The Wonder Years† rocked (although it seemed like every episode had a special frickin' life lesson). Not to pit the two Savage brothers against each other or anything. I personally preferred Topanga over Winni or Winnie or Whiny or Whatever.

I also appreciate a good greasy spoon diner but not when the owner himself looks greasy and unwashed (i'm sure Caryn will assist in that area).† Wink

lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2008, 06:05:15 pm »

Oh, I'm sure Luke is clean, he's just scruffy-looking. Like Han Solo. Heh, and you've gotta hand it to a guy who demands the relative dignity of a backwards baseball cap instead of a hairnet.

I guess the bit where "boy meets girl, boy gets girl, boy keeps girl" is a little misleading - Corey and Topanga were nothing like the way the flashbacks from the last season made them look, and she kind of freaked him and Shaun out for several years before she became posse.

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2008, 08:56:15 am »

For a guy pushing forty wearing a backwards baseball cap, relative dignity is very, very relative!†

Although i'm not surprised Rory cries at the end, it bugs me because my sympathy is with Dean. Hey, she got what she wanted, right? What makes it fun for me is thinking up reasons for her tears:

- She realizes her first relationship/first love is officially over.
- She realizes she's been stomping on Dean's heart & she didn't even have the guts to put an end to it.
- All that wasted paper on bogus Jess-Dean pro-con lists. How many trees did she kill?
- She saw Dean making out with Shane... with his hand in her back pocket!
- She hates Jess' hair.
- Mrs. Kim's sandwich upset her tummy.
- She was secretly rooting for the four-in-four plan.
- They lost the dance contest.
- They lost the dance contest to Kirk.
- She has a secret crush on Kirk but she knows it will never work because his love is reserved for the trophy.†

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to: