GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 03:56:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.07 - The Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?  (Read 115624 times)
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2008, 10:17:08 am »

That's true, yeah, it's a great closing scene. I remember when I just watched GG sometimes, and then they started showing it more and I was like...wait, that's the show where in that one episode they have a dance marathon?  Grin

They Shoot Horses, Don't They? was on TV the other day. I forgot to watch it.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2008, 12:57:57 pm »

That closing scene is one of my favorite Kirk moments. Tooooo funny!

I don't know what Rory was crying about at the end. She wanted Jess and now she has him. She didn't have the guts to break up with Dean, so he took care of the dirty work by breaking up with her. She got exactly what she wanted. Hey, Shane got dumped also! I'll bet she was not crying. She probably had a new boyfriend the next day.  Cheesy

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2008, 03:30:03 pm »

Staying away from the whole jess/rory/dean triangle (for now), i think this actually my favorite gilmore episode, mainly because of the exceptional dialogue. I don't know what about it makes it different, but if i had to pick a favorite quote from this episode, i would choose the entire transcript. It's just so funny.

Now, as a narco, i am very sad at the breakup of rory/dean† Sad because their relationship is never the same again† Sad Sad

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
nicgc1
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2008, 03:17:49 am »

one of my fave episode's. Kirk is so funny in it. and Dean finally lets rory go
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2008, 01:23:58 pm »

I liked this episode.  I kinda feel bad for Rory since she was confused in her feelings for both Jess and Dean.  She cried because it was her first break-up.  I liked Kirk.  Him running in the end was funny.  I also liked Paris in that episode as she finally has a boyfriend (who isn't Tristan) and decided to reschedule something.  The reaction from Madeline and Louise is priceless. 
gilmoregirlfreak
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2008, 04:05:18 pm »

I liked this episode.† I kinda feel bad for Rory since she was confused in her feelings for both Jess and Dean.† She cried because it was her first break-up.† I liked Kirk.† Him running in the end was funny.† I also liked Paris in that episode as she finally has a boyfriend (who isn't Tristan) and decided to reschedule something.† The reaction from Madeline and Louise is priceless.†

it was acutally hr 2nd break-up.her and dean broke-up in season 1 for a while

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2008, 05:25:30 am »

For some reason, a lot of the gilmore girls memories videos have clips from this episode. Lol.
I loved Kirk's victory lap, like everyone else did. I totally can't dance. lol. I can stay awake though.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
katiekatie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2008, 11:12:04 am »

I didn't know Alexis and Milo had had an off screen relationship.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2008, 04:24:28 pm »

Sad episode!!! i cryed when i saw this episode. rory and jess r so WRONG!! Cry

~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2008, 07:17:35 pm »

For some reason, a lot of the gilmore girls memories videos have clips from this episode. Lol.

i've notices this, too. for some reason, this happens to be the classic gg episode. like, when i got my cousins into gg, i started by showing them this episode. I think it's because the situation (24 hour dance competition) is so different & unique, even for gg, yet it fits seemlessly into gg at the same time, that it sticks out in people's minds. i mean, for me personally this episode has some of the best gilmore dialouge/interactions of all gg episodes.  Cheesy anyhoo, that's my spin on it.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
anoosa95
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2008, 03:48:21 pm »

this was my all time absolute  fave episode i love jess hes so perfect for rory Pleased

Michel: Well, you know what happens when you assume.
Lorelai: What?
Michel: I don't know. Something about a donkey. It is a stupid American phrase
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2008, 05:12:22 pm »

I agree anoosa95 Best episode eva!

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2008, 10:16:27 am »

I love the FND exchange in this episode.† Itís easy to forget about, being that itís at the beginning and considering what happens at the end.† Emily actually tried to brighten Lorelaiís mood, picking up the Elizabeth Taylor comment, after she found out that Stanley was ditching her for the dance marathon.† Sure, it was in a total Emily sort of way but it was lighthearted nonetheless.† And then offering to let Lorelai make the asparagus talk, thatís some kind of breakthrough folks.† I love when Emily plays along.†

I think itís interesting that Lorelai and Kirk are feuding so soon after their almost-date.† Perhaps Kirk took a little extra satisfaction out of beating the woman who turned him down, though it sounded like his demeanor was right on par given the descriptions of past dancathons.† Iíve always wondered why his dance partner didnít do the victory lap with him.†

There is so much going on in this episode in the ways of relationships.† Paris and Jamie, Lane and Dave, the official ending of Rory and Dean which leads to the official beginning of Rory and Jess.† Nothing but negative sentiments come to mind with regards to Rory and her predicament so Iíll leave that one alone for now.† Both Paris and Lane were floundering their way through handling a boy that is interested in them (for the right reasons) for almost the first time.† Iíve never thought of Paris as sweet but when Jamieís holding onto her hand I canít think of a better way to describe her.† After she was sure heíd written her off as most boys do, so sure that he was in the revenge notebook (there is something truly frightening about the fact that she has a revenge notebook, which she keeps updated).† Sheís still the in-your-face Paris we love, calling him out for his mistake (which not all women would), but she just seems so helpless as to how to respond to him in this moment that it is sweet.† Similarly Lane, while not as concerning as a revenge notebook of course, had nothing on Dave but a bunch of hung up phone calls.† Like Jamie, Dave showed up when hope of a relationship was faltering.† Any guy who can take Mrs. Kim on like that while simultaneously making plans to meet up with Lane is worth his salt.† Both of these guys are putting themselves out there where neither girl could.†

Sookie is very much like Paris and Lane as far as not having a lot of experience in the relationship department and floundering through dealing with sensitive situations.† I hate to see Sookie and Jackson fighting.† Really fighting not Ďthese turnips are too smallí fighting, the latter is always a good time.† In this situation itís healthy and all but theyíre the rock and itís just not supposed to happen.† If only Sookie could've siphoned a little of Parisí umph a tad earlier and told Jackson her opinion up front instead of framing it as Lorelaiís.† †

A couple of my favorite quotes from this episode that donít have much meaning, they just hit me the right way this week:

Emily (at FND): Nobody likes chicken that much, Lorelai

Luke (in response to Taylor): If he asks for a free cup of coffee, gimpyís going down.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2008, 05:45:16 pm »

I also wonder why Kirk's partner is absent from the victory lap. She could be Adrian to his Rocky. Rory sums up Kirk perfectly and pitifully when she describes his life to Lorelai, concluding with "lonely pathetic existence." But for this one day Kirk is supremely confident in himself and not as a cover-up of his low self-esteem. He's not sore at Lorelai about being rejected for a date; this is an annual showdown and the trash-talking comes from both sides with a history behind it. For this occasion, Kirk is more Apollo Creed than Rocky. And his victory lap makes for possibly the funniest ending ever to a GG episode.

This was a rare episode where Jackson seemed a bit creepy to me, thanks to his "four-in-four" plan. I adore Sookie but she annoyed me. I'm taking into account that she is new at this thing called marriage, but she has been with Jackson since season 1. If she wakes up to discover her husband thinks of her as a baby-making machine, she ought to be able to question him without fear of upsetting him or spoiling the marriage. She knew "four-in-four" wasn't going to happen without the consent of her own mind & body, but it's about time she started getting over her insecurities when it comes to Jackson. Maybe she freaked because it's such a serious issue, but we've seen her react this way over little issues also. As usual, they worked it out and everyone was happy because these two are truly meant to be together. I give them some credit because, after all the confusion, they found a relatively quick resolution by communicating with each other, something the Gilmore Girls never learned in their relationships (well, Lorelai more than Rory).

What strikes me about Paris is how much, for a change, she behaves like any other vulnerable teenager in love. She puts her guard up against Jamie but underneath she still adores the guy and can't resist him. We've seen this side of her before in brief glimpses but this is far more than a crush on Tristan or a secret yearning to be asked to a Chilton dance. I agree it's a bit frightening that she has a revenge notebook, but not surprising. She has a harsh view of the world, instinctively thinks the worst of people, expects the same in return, and i imagine her family background has played a part in her attitude. She probably assumes her enemies have their own revenge notebooks. But i wonder how much of her list is based on paranoia, how many of those enemies are real. I'm guessing Rory's name has appeared and been removed and reappeared and removed again.

What a perfect title for this episode, except the horse should have been shot many episodes back yonder. If someone allowed a horse to suffer as long as Dean, it would be considered cruelty to animals. In effect, by breaking up with her, he had to shoot himself to take himself out of his own misery. Would Rory have continued indefinitely with the charade?

I wonder if Stanley Appleman's wife is in cahoots with the Deb Gang from "One's Got Class..."? They have different grievances, but the way things are going, Lorelai might get run out of town on a rail.

The power of Mrs. Kim is such that even wise-guy Jess is reduced to calling her "ma'am." Mrs. Kim does nothing half-heartedly, not even the preparation of sandwiches. She shows such glee at the thought of Dave coming back for more!

Fast Times At Ridgement High† reference!
PARIS: Madeline -- or may I call you Spicoli?
MADELINE: If you have to.

Paris never runs out of small town cracks:
RORY: Thereís this big event thatís happening in my town.
PARIS: Pig race?
RORY: Dance marathon.
PARIS: I was close.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2008, 11:22:58 am »

Sorry I'm late, everyone, I got called in to the principal's office. Long story, but so far, I have not been invited to join the boosters.

I kind of wish there's been a scene to introduce Kirk's ringer, too.

But I think the horse they shot was Rory, wasn't it? I mean, she and Dean were together, but her crush on Jess was hobbling her as a girlfriend. I didn't get the shooting of Lorelai so much, though. I mean, it's Stars Hollow, is Jackson going to get that snotty every time anyone forms an opinion about his private life? Hard to picture him taking that tone of voice with Miss Patty... but I laughed at the Mormon crack (ergo, I can't be offended by it.) They're trying so hard to distance themselves from their polygamist fundies it's pathetic, but you do what you gotta do to keep the Polygamy Czar out of your business. Somebody should tell Jackson that Solomon got his rep for wisdom by reconciling the needs of his multiple wives.

Heh, but I totally see how it could happen. I mean Sookie has been flatly determined to make Jackson the happiest man on Earth, compromising every little detail of her life for him that doesn't involve her cooking up to this point. Of course her first instinct would be to blame someone else because she didn't want to fulfill his dream, but I can't believe Jackson would get so angry with Lorelai over it. It's a little creepy to me because it's almost like he's trying to neutralize a threat to his authority over his wife's body. On the other hand, it takes a direct attack on Lorelai to drag Luke that far into a to-procreate-or-not-to-procreate argument that didn't involve him.

Heh, I'm not too freaked by the revenge book, though. I mean, maybe that's just Paris's hopeless version of the hang-up phone call. I had a revenge book in high school, too, I called it my diary.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: