GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 24, 2022, 10:06:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.07 - The Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?  (Read 124456 times)
Eifos
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

On the piture - Alexis as child

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2007, 12:45:11 pm »

This is my favorite episode - i'm a big Jess-fan, and that was just such an reliaf. I just hope that the show ends with the two of them going back together- you never know...

Because you didn't say gooddbye...
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2007, 02:07:33 pm »

ok....so i have a question for all y'all...does anybody know the name of the jazz song they play when the dance marathon starts? i really like it, but alas, since i dont know the name, there's no chance of me ever finding it on a cd somewhere...

they had the song on a ritz bits commercial way back in the early 90s hehe

I just saw this eppi, and wanted to see what people wrote in here about this one. I saw your questiong and found all the songs that play in this episode.Maybe you've already found the name, if not, check out these songs,maybe it's one of those.I took the info from www.gilmorefan.com

3.07 - They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?
"In The Mood" by Glenn Miller
"Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing)" by James Horner Prima
"Walkin' My Baby Back Home" performed by the Swingin Deacons
"By the Beautiful Sea" performed by the Swingin Deacons
"String of Pearls" by Glenn Miller
"These Foolish Things" performed by the Swingin' Deacons
"Gonna Fly Now" Theme from Rocky by Bill Conti

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2007, 02:10:49 pm »

Hello GG fans!!!

I have one important question /offcourse important to me/ Smiley) I want to know one song title. That song was played during dance contest, while Kirk was running with winning cup?
Do You know the answer?? Thanks!
Paula

Read your question, found the info in  (www.gilmorefan.com ) and I think that you are referring to this song.

"Gonna Fly Now" Theme from Rocky by Bill Conti

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2007, 12:06:21 pm »

This is my favorite episode - i'm a big Jess-fan, and that was just such an reliaf. I just hope that the show ends with the two of them going back together- you never know...
TOTALLY!!! that would be a perfect ending!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
iamtheyak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2007, 01:47:05 pm »

"Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing)" by James Horner Prima

That's the one I'm thinking of. Thank you!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2007, 03:22:56 pm »

I really didnt like this episode. I know it had all the funny and good stuff like Lane and Dave getting to talk around her mom,and Sookie and Jackson arguing,but i really hated the way that Rory treated Dean.
I dont care if she had a thing for Jess,she shouldnt have treated Dean that way,because she behaved childishly,and it really made me realise that she obviously wasnt good enough for Dean anyway.
Oh boy,i just thought that Dean looked so sad when he said
Dean~ Oh please, you've been into him since he got to town, I've spent weeks, months actually trying to convince myself that it wasn't trued, that everything was fine bewtween us, but now I know that I was an idiot. Your into him and he's into you and Shane, who by the way should be listening to this because it's so damn obviousl.
Rory~ What's obvious, what did I do?
Dean~ Everyone can see Rory! Everyone, and I'm tired but I'm over it. So go ahead, go, be together, there's nothin standing in your way now cause I'm out.

He just looked mad and heartbroken when he walked away. So sad Sad

To me, Dean looked triumphant.  Like he was saying, "Take a good look at my back as I walk away from you.  It doesn't have a sign saying 'Doormat, feel free to step on at will.'  So, I'm dusting your footprints off."  It's interesting that so many people like this episode because they see it as the episode where Rory and Jess got together.  I love it because Dean gave both of them a figurative flip off.  The most satisfying smack down of the series, I think.  It was a brief moment of glory for Dean, but man do I continue to relish it.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
bvelaa
Town Resident

Community Points: 52

RORY BELONGS WITH JESS!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2007, 10:59:32 am »

I hate dean sooo sooo much

I NO BUT I LOVE THAT RORY AND JESS GOT TOGETHER AFTER HE BROKE UP WITH HER!!! WinkRORY AND JESS!!![/color]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:01:04 am by bvelaa » Logged

made by Lucie
Literati <3
JAVA JUNKIE <3
DINER BOYS<3
RELIGOUS REBELIONS<3

JESS: GOODNIGHT RORY
RORY: GOODNIGHT DODGER
JESS:DODGER?
RORY:FIGURE IT OUT
JESS:OLIVER TWIST
bvelaa
Town Resident

Community Points: 52

RORY BELONGS WITH JESS!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2007, 11:03:26 am »

IM A BIG JESS FAN TOO
I WAS WISHING THAT WOULD'VE HAPPENED!!! Sad

made by Lucie
Literati <3
JAVA JUNKIE <3
DINER BOYS<3
RELIGOUS REBELIONS<3

JESS: GOODNIGHT RORY
RORY: GOODNIGHT DODGER
JESS:DODGER?
RORY:FIGURE IT OUT
JESS:OLIVER TWIST
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2007, 12:52:20 pm »

^^TOTALLY!! I wish that they got together again too!! by the way I love your avatar the theme tune is amazing and you should come on the Literati thread Jess loving is always appreciated there!!

I kinda agree with Dani257 because Dean actually sticks up for himself in this episode which is a rare thing! I guess I would be kinda happy for him if I wasn't sooo happy about rory and jess!!!

awww Dave is sooooo sweet to Lane, it's a real shame the way he left the show but I guess he probably went to do The O.C so I can forgive him!!
Sookie and Jackson are hilarious!!

AND Luke fixing Lorelai's shoe was sooooo cute!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2007, 08:26:57 pm »

I'm watching; "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" right now and let me tell you Lorelai and Rory had it easy in comparison.  Tongue

I love most of the episode especially because of Lorelai. She's so wacky, energetic and determined in this episode which makes is so enjoyable to watch! I liked it how Luke refused to sell coffee at the dance for free but when Lorelai and Rory come over beginning for coffee at the dance he hands them a thermos full of free coffee  Kiss

My favorite scenes have to be between Lorelai and Luke. Especially when he fixes her shoes( "Do I look like a cobbler to you?") and then they sit on the bleachers talking about children. I love that scene when he asks her if she ever thought about having another kid and she replies: "Yeah, if I find the right person" then they just stare at each other as if they jump into the future a little bit and there's this light that shines from ceiling right between them... it always gives me giddy chills when I watch that! Smitten

I also liked it after the Runaround when Rory tries to kick Lorelai but she's too tired. Ooh, and when they are approaching the dance and Lorelai mentions Al in assless chaps  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:20:30 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
RoryJessFan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Rory and Jess are totally cute couple

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2007, 11:14:32 pm »

I really like this espiode and Jess was really nice to Rory and he was one who had went to her after Dean had broke up with her. I think that is so cute how Jess had said that he had to go something and that he would be right back.

My Rory and Jess Signature and My Rory and Jess was made by Ali-Sama
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2007, 11:50:15 pm »

I hated Dean in that episode.I think that he should not have broken up with rory untill after the marathon was over. Lorelai and Rory could have won! I would have felt sorry for Kirk though.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
haileyerin
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2007, 01:27:21 pm »

**btw..does any one know why they call this episode BUT THEY SHOOT GILMORES, DONT THEY?? i cant seem to figure it out.

I just JustCallMeRedHead posted this like a year ago, but the episode title is based on the book by Horace McCoy called "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"

It's about a dance marathon in the '30s and REALLY weird, but REALLY good.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2007, 01:46:39 pm »

**btw..does any one know why they call this episode BUT THEY SHOOT GILMORES, DONT THEY?? i cant seem to figure it out.
I just JustCallMeRedHead posted this like a year ago, but the episode title is based on the book by Horace McCoy called "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"
It's about a dance marathon in the '30s and REALLY weird, but REALLY good.

It was also made into a really good movie that came out in the early '70s. Some of it is extremely sad but you will really get caught up in following the characters.

I hated Dean in that episode.I think that he should not have broken up with rory untill after the marathon was over. Lorelai and Rory could have won! I would have felt sorry for Kirk though.

I don't know, i am not a big Dean fan but i sympathized with him in this episode. The way Rory treated him was not cool at all. She should have been honest about the whole thing & broken up with him before it even reached that point. How long was she going to allow the attraction with Jess to go on, while she still went through the motions of being Dean's boyfriend? Dean got shafted and maybe he should have taken her aside in private but i can hardly blame him for his outburst.

About the winner of the marathon, seeing Kirk do his victory lap was priceless!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:51:34 pm by bingbong » Logged

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2007, 11:10:10 pm »

Well, see, Dean was just following Rory's example.  I mean, Rory is a Gilmore, and although she spent her formative years in Stars Hollow, all those Friday night dinners at her grandparents' and spending time at Chilton must have taught her something about manners at etiquette.  Plus the coming out party. So, when Rory aired her problems with Jess in public (making a scene about him being there, continuing to argue with him, and doing it all while dancing in Dean's arms) Dean just naturally assumed that public scenes were good manners. And, besides the highbrow manners, Rory should know what's appropriate for a Stars Hollow event, as well.  No wonder Dean thought it was okay to break up with her in public, since she made no effort to hide her interest in Jess from everyone at the dance (not that anyone but the main players were paying attention).

This post is brought to you by the letters "snark" and "sarcasm"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:25:09 pm by Dani257 » Logged

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: