GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 25, 2022, 03:50:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.09 - A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving  (Read 61138 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:17:47 pm »

Summary: Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) enjoy the bounty of Thanksgiving four times over when they stop in for celebrations with Lane (Keiko Agena), Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) and Luke (Scott Patterson), then join Richard (Richard Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) for a formal dinner party, where Lorelai is shocked to learn that Rory has applied to Yale. Dean (Jared Padalecki) and Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) almost come to blows over Rory.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
coffeegilmoregirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 06:31:34 am »

I havn't seen this one yet because one dvd disc won't work...
ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 07:23:51 pm »

If you really pay attention they really didn't eat that much becuase they really didn't show that much of the Kim's and then Sookie's wasn't even cooked yet, they only showed a few bites at lukes and they didn't eat at the Gilmores'

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
fuzzysnowflake
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 09:15:01 pm »

They eat a tofu-rkey, fried turkey, and something that was probably like oh I do not know $25 a pound at the Gilmore’s.  Oh and a plan old turkey at Luke’s that I am sure was perfect (the kiss wasn’t).  I personally have never eaten tofu-reky or fired turkey.  I would eat either one though because I eat tofu and well anything fried is good (potatoes, Twinkies, sandwiches, etc.).
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:01:42 pm »

This episode is awesome. I love how Lorelai's all like "Rory, this is what we've been training for all our lives." and Rory's like, "Well, maybe we shouldn't eat now so we can save room." And Lorelai just looks at her food and is like, "...unnecessary." haha. Love it.

It was also so cute how Luke was disappointed when Lorelai said they couldn't make it and how shocked Rory and Lorelai were that they had disappointed Luke and they didn't think it was possible.

And Sookie's Thanksgiving was too funny, with Jackson and his family deep frying everything. lol

caffeinegurl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 02:59:11 pm »

THat is like a totally funny episode i mean lorelai's face after she ate tofurky it was like Shocked
Rory: So how do you feel?
Lorelai: I ate tofurky how do you think i feel?
Rory: Tofurkyer?
that had me laughing for like 10 minutes!

*a_milo_fan*
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

Oi, with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 01:17:10 pm »

This episode, to me, depicts a warning sign to furture events between Dean and Jess, obviously.  But I think this episode just proves that the cause of all the later events totally fall on Dean.  I watched it again today, and I got angry at Dean because I know all the things that happen afterwards, and it totally hit me...it's not fair, really.  Maybe Jess really was the victim throughout the whole thing.   Huh  Who knows...just puttin' in my two sense...and maybe because I just like Jess so much  :Smiley

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
[Jess pauses a second.]
JESS: I love you.

andrea
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Dream Of Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 03:22:39 pm »

HEY I AGREE TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your going through Hell keep on going..
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 08:14:59 pm »

Hi everyone.  I really enjoyed this epsoide.  I loved seeing all the diffrenet thanksgiving dinners.  We don't celebrate it in my country so it was very interesting for me.  I like Dean more than Jess.  But I guess thats cause I don't like bad boys.   Shocked Shocked Grin

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
*a_milo_fan*
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

Oi, with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 05:53:43 pm »

By the way...tofurky rocks!!!  I love that stuff!

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
[Jess pauses a second.]
JESS: I love you.

thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 08:54:22 pm »

By the way...tofurky rocks!!! I love that stuff!

I don't know if we can get it here but I am going to try and find it.  Does it just taste like Turkey or something else? Huh Wink

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
PseudoLorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 07:55:08 pm »

Okay, so I was watching my DVDs and I noticed that when Luke and Jess left to go get the marshmellows and Lorelai and Rory were just talking, Lorelai kept taking food off of Luke's plate and moving it to hers.  It was so subtle but now that I noticed it, it was just funny to me.  Anyone else notice that?
whatsername0137
Diner Regular

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 08:27:23 pm »

lol.  i love that part!  i just watched this episode today because i was doing homework and needed a little noise to make sure i didnt fall asleep due to boredom.  lol.  such a good episode.   Smiley

Rory: Let's just play it cool.
Jess: Hey, I'm Frank at the Sands.
Rory: That's cool.

<3  Gilmore Girls  <3
jinglesosborne

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 08:53:24 pm »

There are times in this episode where Lorelai and Luke act like an old married couple: they argue about the flowers and the vase, then, when he's gone, Lorelai helps himself to the food on his plate.  This was a great episode, and it shows how much Lorelai cares (after all, she makes sure to find time for Luke). 

The whole argument at Richard and Emily's house seemed a bit forced, and I thought maybe Lorelai had had too much tofurkey because she acted a little paranoid for even Lorelai.

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your mother’s wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish she’d give it back.
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 04:28:44 pm »

I don't know how they ate all that food!! That would make me sick! I thought the funniest dinner was at Sookie's, becuase Jackson's famly was so into frying everything!! LOL!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: