GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 08, 2021, 08:56:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.09 - A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving  (Read 58912 times)
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 02:15:14 pm »

totally hilarious!! I love babbette!! I love Luke!!!
I love this episode!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
LauraLou
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 09:11:33 pm »

I loved the part where Dave was playing music for the Kims
and he started to play the begining to Nirvanas "the man who sold the world"
song. i was awwing for 10 mins. i wish him and Lane would have stayed together.
They were cute for eachother.
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2007, 05:58:57 am »

I think the high light in this episode is Lane's first real kiss. I love the scene where she is crying feeling guilty for making him go through all the troubles "you still want to date me? after all that you still want to date me?". Then he kisses her as if he was saying that she is worth all that. Very touching moment.

The crazy part of the episode is "4 thanks giving dinners". I mean i know the day is about giving thanks and the Gilmore Girls do loooove food but should they take giving thanks so literary.† Wink The dinner at Sookie's is my favorite. I love how she said she went through the 5 stages of greive; denial, anger, forgot the other two and acceptance". Funny funny funny!† Cheesy The stormy dinner was obviously at Emily's. I don't blame Lorelai for getting upset. She spent her life trying to get away from her parents way of life but now they seem to find a way to control Rory's life. I fault Rory for not telling Lorelai she applied to Yale. What's with that? She should have told her or not apply to Yale at all. It's sad how Lorelai considered† the freezing weather warmer than being inside her parents house. Wasn't that the reason she ran away in the first place?

What puzzled me is the dinner at Mrs. Kim's. Why does she invite Lorelai & Rory every year? She doesn't really like them. Besides they are not Korean!!!

I loooove the scene where Dean snarked at Jess. Interesting how they exchanged parts. Dean is no longer has to control his nerves when with Jess, he's already got nothing to lose. But Jess is the one who can't start the fight because of Rory who will assume it was Jess's fault. Isn't life ironic?† Cool
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 06:09:45 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2007, 10:58:43 am »

I think Dean enjoyed snarking Jess but i also think he genuinely still liked Rory and wanted her back. It's as though he is blaming everything on Jess. Rory went willingly to Jess, kept Dean on a leash for a long time, yet he still likes and wants her! That Rory has some kinda hold over guys.

I love that L & R made the rounds for their Turkey Day. I've done that myself, though not so many different spots. It's also fun to see them eating something besides burgers and Pop-Tarts! Luke seemed very humble and a bit lonely. As for Mrs. Kim inviting L & R, she accepts Rory as Lane's best friend and an important part of Lane's life. Mrs. Kim has mixed feelings about Lorelai but she might feel an obligation to invite both of them (i'm over-looking the simple fact that ASP wanted L & R to attend the Kim's meal as part of the extravaganza).

Regarding Jackson, who was hilarious: I have tasted deep-fried turkey and it tastes much better out of a regular oven!

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2007, 11:09:02 am »

Regarding Jackson, who was hilarious: I have tasted deep-fried turkey and it tastes much better out of a regular oven!

This is one of my fav scenes in this episode.  I love how Jackson and his boys try and deep fry everything Grin  Sookie is so funny in this episode, she is a hilarious drunk.  I love how she keeps drinking throughout the day as Jackson and the guys obsess over the deep fryer. 

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2007, 09:08:54 am »

Watched this for probably the zillionth time last night.

Marvelous Quotes:
Kirk: "I'm sorry.  I guess my excitement has impaired my ability to detect comedic hyperbole."

Paris: "My life has become a Wes Craven movie."

The one that is my signature.

I'm pretty much blanking but I always laugh like a thousand times in this episode.

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2008, 03:37:41 pm »

I thought this episode was funny:

Kirk: I didnít announce myself first

Cat Kirk??  Cheesy Cheesy

And Dean was just begin a jerk!  Angry Lorelei has just been really nice to him and then he went and cornered jess like that??  Sad
 Rory+Jess=♥♥♥          Rory+Jess=♥♥♥

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2008, 11:54:03 am »

And Dean was just begin a jerk!† Angry Lorelei has just been really nice to him and then he went and cornered jess like that??†Sad

Maybe Lorelai's talk with Dean is what gave him the courage to confront Jess. Dean was now able to relax, think it through and get tough. I don't fault the guy for sticking up for himself, not wanting to take it lying down.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 02:55:01 pm »

True, but I do feel that it was a bit mean to smile and be happy at Lorelei, then try to get back at Rory/Jess.

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 06:22:47 pm »

This was the thrid episode of Gilmore Girls I watched and fell in love with. I didn't know then that they had such a big appitiete wow was i surprised but a good surprise because it made them more enjoyable to watch them all these years
raytheotherray
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2008, 07:13:44 am »

This may be subtle... but after seeing the interview with Amy, I have to think that it was intentional casting of the male guests at Richard and Emily's with actors who played tv bad guys in other roles.  One actor played Victor Kiriakis (sp?) on "Days of Our Lives" and the other actor played Murdock on "MacGuyver.'  If it wasn't intentional, then it was a very cool coincidence.  I'd love to know for sure!
 - RayTheOtherRay <><
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 06:55:12 pm »

touferky- eww gross

deep fyring- everything,even a napkin,weird

LOL!!! i love this episode!!!

Cheesy Chicken Hearts

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 05:19:10 pm »

Classic Gilmore Girls.

Four Thanksgiving dinners.  A feat for the Gilmore Girls that would never be repeated... until Virtual Season 8 in episode 8.10-The More, the Merrier where Lorelai, Rory, Luke, & April have brunch at Babette's with the locals, appetizers at Sookie's (that doesn't really happen due to family emergency), and dinner at Liz & T.J.'s with a Rennaissance joust that included a few of their Rennaissance friends, Doula, Michel, and two of the three Belleville kids. 

Tofurkey.  Wow and Lane gets her first real kiss with Dave.  And to the tune of David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World" from that classic 1970 album of the same name.  Not, the classic Nirvana cover.  It's Bowie's version that was played in the episode.  Not Nirvana.  What's wrong with kids today? 

Michael des Barres is the French guy!  He is a famous 80s rocker who was married to notorious groupie/best-selling novelist Pamela des Barres and replaced the late Robert Palmer briefly in the supergroup the Power Station featuring late Chic drummer Tony Thompson's and Duran Duran's Andy Taylor and John Taylor. 

Of course, no episode can be without its drama and humor.  Lorelai fretting that Rory might want to go somewhere other than Harvard.  Sookie getting hammered over the deep-fry Thanksgiving.  Luke, almost being sad that Lorelai and Rory won't show up at his dinner.  Aw... poor Luke. 

Oh, we meet a new character.  Evil Dean!  The jealous, stalker, obsessed Dean who decides to declare war on Jess, making the book-smart bad boy speechless while trying to intimidate him at the same time.  That's the beginning of the end of the good Dean fans knew and loved in the first 2 seasons.  I felt sorry for Jess because he didn't really do anything wrong.  Sure, he was teasing Dean and trying to make fun of him but man, Dean took it very seriously.  Of course, it becomes very clear that right to his last appearance in To Live & Diorama, Dean has nothing but contempt for Danes men. 
Corey_Gilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Watch out for that spork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2008, 01:47:31 am »

Why does Lorelai think it's so confusing that Kirk named his cat after himself? Lorelai named her own daughter after herself! Even though Rory isn't often called Lorelai, it could still get confusing on occasion. Additionally, Lorelai was named after her paternal grandmother and both women went by the name.

If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there on the next train

Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 05:49:51 pm »

Why does Lorelai think it's so confusing that Kirk named his cat after himself? Lorelai named her own daughter after herself! Even though Rory isn't often called Lorelai, it could still get confusing on occasion. Additionally, Lorelai was named after her paternal grandmother and both women went by the name.

Heh, this is one of the points that always occurs to me when I view this episode.† People that have no qualms with naming a child after themselves really shouldn't be passing judgement on somebody that may do that to an animal.† It is no less confusing in my opinion.

I love the Cat Kirk story line in this episode.† I get so many chuckles from it.† From being attacked in the bath to being attacked for not anouncing himself before he walks into the room - only in Kirk's world surely!!† But I still find it hilarious and I particularly love that it gave them a chance to use Babette and Morey.† I love their little bit about the uncool Cat Kirk and how they love cats, but they love Kirk - it's 50/50 lol.

For me this was completely an episode for the supporting characters to shine.† Sookie is just great at her Thanksgiving cookout.† Her expressions and attitude to the whole deepfrying thing were brilliant.† And I can't believe how rowdy Jackson's freinds/family are.† For me though it seems a tad out of character for Jackson to be that way, but if he wasn't then we never would have had the whole 5 stages of grief speech from Sookie or know that she was totally "enscotched". Cheesy

Dave was brilliant also.† I love that he could go through that whole charade at Mrs Kim's and all for Lane.† Sure he got a little something at the end for his efforts, and some referrals, but I think Lane and we the viewers got a little something more special to see him try to slip some Nirvana in there and then slip a little something else to Lane outside.† Yay for Lane and Dave - and Boo for the OC.

Lorelai again disappointed me in this episode.† That whole scene at the dinner over Rory's other applications was just a total embarrassment on her behalf.† She can't seriously think that a student as careful and planning as Rory would be placing all her eggs in the Harvard basket.† If anything her little rant proved how right Richard and Emily were to get involved even if they went about it all wrong.† It would have been completely irresponsible to have no back up plan, and as it turns out was totally hypocritcal on Lorelai's behalf to react so when she too was laying in her room the previous episode mulling over Yale and it's close proximity.† It's times like these that I get frustrated that she lets her own issues with the elder Gilmores interfer with her great parenting of Rory.† I did however love her little display of her only French vocab at the pre-dinner drinks.† Always makes me laugh.

And I also liked the way Lorelai worked Luke back into their Thanksgiving schedule.† That was the kind of thoughtfulness she needed to show at the Gilmore dinner.† But how she could not know that this would be the highlight of Lukes day is beyond me.† He clearly counts them as family with all his house maintenance and advice and food providing and whatever else they do for each other that I always find that a bit odd.† Not too mention with the whole 'flower - no vase' tradition they have going on.† This is obviously a long standing thing and the short notice she was giving him would be considered quite rude by most, but for Luke it was just disappointment.

I also have some stuff to mention about Rory/Jess, Dean/Jess and Paris but I'm out of time so it'll have to wait til later.

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: