GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 07:17:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.12 - Lorelai Out of Water  (Read 32194 times)
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 02:58:03 pm »

I felt bad for Luke, like normal in many episodes.

I always get kind of getting sad when Rory and Lane start talking about how this was their last wedding they do.  It was just kind of sad.

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 12:36:50 am »

I kind of think that it was Lorelai's fault all the way about the whole Nicole/Luke fiasco. First, like most of you said, Luke asked her out because Lorelai was going out with Alex. And everything after that is history, lol.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 12:35:13 pm »

I felt bad for Luke, like normal in many episodes.

I always get kind of getting sad when Rory and Lane start talking about how this was their last wedding they do. It was just kind of sad.
It was sad and what Luke did was really really really sweet!!! He taught her to fish!!! And once again the Lane and Rory thing was kinda sad!!
'and he was just standing there all peeled'!!! hilarious!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 11:39:03 am »

i thought it was sweet of Luke to agree to teach Lorelai how to fish and to go all out to bring the lake to her. but i thought it was a little off-character for lorelai to ask him to teach her in the first place. she may not have been ready to admit it at this point, but several people in lorelai's life have pointed out that luke has feelings for her, not just on one occasion but on several, and it's still LUKE that she turns to to help her prepare for a date with another guy. it just seems like she would have already taken into consideration the fact that it may have hurt luke's feelings for her to do that. maybe she just figured luke wouldn't care, i don't know. but i would hope she would have taken his feelings into consideration and not flaunted her date in front of luke the way she did.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 12:09:51 pm »

Lorelai did TRY to tell Luke soemthign to not make him feel bad. also he obviously wasn't that heart-broken because he asked Nicole out on a date....  Cry

I wish Rory was better at communicating with Jess.

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 01:31:41 pm »

As I'm currently watching re-runs into the 3rd season and being new to the show.  This one I also liked.  Lorelei's fishing gear is hilarious only to be topped by the fact that she had to fish in the kiddie pool sent by Luke.  I enjoy the chemistry Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson had.

I also liked the scene of Rory and Paris just going at it and calling each other names and then getting into Headmaster Charleston's office where he shut both of them up and threatened to ruin their future. 

Lane's line to Dave, "You're not Korean" is sad yet funny.  Poor Dave. 
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 08:44:04 am »

I loved it when lorelai started naming the fish (my fav is pinky) then when she brought the fish back and put it in the bathtub! ha ha ha!! Cheesy

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 01:42:35 pm »

The funniest moment by far in this episode was when the Hug-A-World started rolling away because something was apparently living in it. I'm not sure about you guys, but cleaning out that garage would not be very high on my Things I'd Like To Do Today list...that place is a disaster.

Dave's being "mean" to Lane in order to throw the other bandmates off the fact that they're dating is adorable. Rory was so funny stepping in and telling Lane that she didn't have to let Dave talk to her that way, then Lane just starts giggling and says "He fooled you." I think Lane and Dave are by far one of the cutest couples ever to be seen on Gilmore Girls, especially during times like when Lane was at the hockey game and Dave ran all the way there from Lane's house on his 15 minute break just to see her because he was jealous of her being there with Yung Chu.

Zach and Lorelai: a match made in heaven. Him hitting on her while the band is setting up was priceless...he kept getting closer and closer to her and she kept backing away. That excuse about not being able to listen to music because of a deficiency in her ears was a good one...the sad thing is that Zach bought it.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
dianakarenina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 01:28:52 pm »

aww i was so sad when lane said to dave "you're not korean" Sad it's really sad how dave's face changes
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 06:04:08 am »

The conspiracy lives! He was there. I saw him. Alex is real! Real, I tell you!

i loved the way Headmaster Charleston said what we were all thinking - "this protected - some might even say pampered - environment..."

But of course them Emmy must go to Bledel and Weil for the brilliant "Shut up, no you shut up" scene.

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 11:48:40 pm »

This episode has many, many great scenes but my fave is "The Frog Girl" when Sookie talks about her frog collections. That was unbelievably sweet!!! She was happy thinking of Jackson buying her the things he "thought" was her favorite, it doesn't matter if it was really her favorite. The thought what counts. I think this shows how deeply they love each other and i think it's beautiful.

I don't blame Lorelai for accidentally saying what sounded like she liked fishing. I imagine it would be rude if she said "ew, fishing? What a sick joke!"  Sad Yeah, that defiantly sounded bad.  Wink I think she was just trying to be polite and maybe impress him a little. Nothing wrong with that.

Another classic scene for me is when Lane got a maybe. It was really funny how happy she was that her mother was maybe, possibly considering the idea. Well, Mrs. Kim is known for her "noooo" attitude so maybe Lane wasn't wrong to be so positive about the maybe.

Poor Luke? A lot of people on this thread are feeling sorry for Luke which is something i can't get. It's not like he's a child. He chose not to ask Lorelai out so he should accept whatever pain comes from her side. He is a coward in my opinion. But the fishing scene was funny especially with Lorelai's custom. Clothing!!!! That was the most fun she could make out of fishing.  Wink Can't say can't relate.

When i first saw this episode, i thought the whole thing with Dave and Lane was cute but now i can't see it. I don't know how Lane allowed him to talk to her like that. It was a jerky thing for him to do even as a pretend. I looooved when Rory got so angry and defensive for her friend. Her line "cry like a girl, Dave" is probably my fave Rory Line ever. It was funny with the tune she used.

Lane has a competition with Lorelai for whom to win Zack??!! Watch the show to know the answer!  Cool

I don't know how high is the academic system of Chilton is, if the best that can come out of a fight between the most intelligent students is "shut up, no you shut up"?!!!  The headmaster must be really proud.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:59:43 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 11:59:39 am »

A "maybe" from Mrs. Kim is huge. Lane and Rory approach it like a couple of Nancy Drews trying to solve a mystery.

The sudden appearance of Kirk in the beauty shop never fails to crack me up. I'm guessing poor Shane got fired. All those personal phone calls while on the clock. Poor gal, first Jess dumps her and now this. But Kirk is a great employee. He knows the products, throws in samples and develops a rapport with the customers, wanting to know how the mask works out!

I agree about feeling no sympathy for Luke. Not that Luke would use Zach's come-on tactic, but he's not doing anything except waiting silently in the wings. Hearing about Alex prodded him to ask out Nicole, but so did Jess' needling. When your no-good teenage nephew can get the upper hand in the dating world, it's time for action.

It is difficult blocking out Fast Forwardy Land while watching Zach hit on Lorelai! Who would've thought?

I smile when the headmaster tells Rory & Paris "the world" sees Chilton in an unfavorable light as a result of their behavior. Perhaps he means word has spread around the school and possibly parents heard about their feud, but i almost wonder if he's so full of himself he imagines CNN covering the story. Rory and Paris were true to character after leaving the headmaster's office, with Rory thinking of peace and Paris refusing to budge.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 04:04:43 pm »

The sudden appearance of Kirk in the beauty shop never fails to crack me up. I'm guessing poor Shane got fired. All those personal phone calls while on the clock. Poor gal, first Jess dumps her and now this. But Kirk is a great employee. He knows the products, throws in samples and develops a rapport with the customers, wanting to know how the mask works out!

You really made me laugh when you brought up "Shane"! I forgot all about her! Kirk is amaaaaaaazing for having all those different jobs. He's like a super hero, there is nothing he can't do, from making movies to making his own products, having his own diner, DSL things, you name it!  Cool I am pretty sure the samples he gave Rory was made by "Kirk". Let's hope it didn't have side effect like his last one.  Tongue

I smile when the headmaster tells Rory & Paris "the world" sees Chilton in an unfavorable light as a result of their behavior. Perhaps he means word has spread around the school and possibly parents heard about their feud, but i almost wonder if he's so full of himself he imagines CNN covering the story. Rory and Paris were true to character after leaving the headmaster's office, with Rory thinking of peace and Paris refusing to budge.

I like how Paris is always so true to herself. She doesn't do the "mature" thing if it didn't match her feelings. I kind of admire that. She's one of the greatest characters!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:08:27 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 05:49:59 am »

I wonder just how much of Luke asking Nicole out was a result of Lorelai and how much was Jess.  It seems that most of it was Lorelai and even though Jess’ comments came first they only meant something when coupled with the fact that Lorelai had a date.   I also have to wonder if he didn’t have in inkling as to why Lorelai was all of the sudden interested in fishing. The way he half-grilled her about who she was going fishing with seemed to imply that he knew something was up and it wasn’t Sookie she had a fishing date with.  By contrast Mrs. Kim would surely never make the mistake of telling someone she was into an activity that she wasn’t, she’s so direct about absolutely everything. 

Lessa, my GG dead patch was Season 2 Wink
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 07:20:24 am »

I get the idea that in Mrs. Kim's house, a girl has neither the need nor the opportunity to lie to her future husband.  Lips Sealed I just remembered I need to buy a carrot peeler...

I feel sorry for Luke. If he asked her out now, she'd have to say no because she still needs him to be her friend. The thing about Alex is, he's like Bizzarro Luke, superficially. He has the coffee, he's getting his own business, they have mutual friends, and he can tell what will make Lorelai happy and what won't. Luke, who already thinks she'll date literally anyone but him, and has suffered serious taunting over his mountain man ways, is probably starting to seriously wonder what's wrong with him.

Finding out the fishing thing wasn't a deal breaker after she becomes fish girl should be kind of a letdown. And to add insult to injury, the whole town knows he's got a crush, so she tried to hide the date to protect his feelings while she used his free lessons. I'd personally be humiliated, most of the time I'd rather feel like a fool than be one. Being stuck with his supercool, debonair, smart aleck nephew is just the reason he went on a date instead of hitting the boat until he felt like showing his face again.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: