GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 24, 2022, 08:14:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.14 - Swan Song  (Read 62443 times)
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2007, 01:47:23 pm »

I didn't like the way Rory acted, she should have trusted Jess when he said he didn't get into a fight with Dean.

I agree. Especially throwing a fit in front of her grandma. But still,I think this eppy was funny..at some parts. like A SWAN? who else could get beaked by A SWAN then Jess Mariano!  Grin

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
HBW
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 10:42:17 am »

I just found GG late last year so I'm working on catching up with the story, by watching all the DVD's.  I'm on season three and just saw Swan Song. 

I've seen many posts on different threads about how Jess is so much better than Dean.  Now that I have finally seen Jess and Rory together for  several episodes, I can say definitively, that I just don't see it.  Jess is a smart mouth, smart a**.  He doesn't respect anybody including Rory.  All he had to say was "I didn't fight with Dean, it was a dumb accident that I feel really stupid about, can I tell you later when there is nobody else around?"

I agree that Rory shouldn't have accused him out of hand, but then his mysterious denial just made it worse.
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 11:31:35 am »

He didn't wanna be embarresed. Being pecked by a swan?!?! Who would wanna tell your girlfriend that?(or boyfriend,for girls!lol) Jess didn't lie to Rory,he told her he didn't fight Dean. Rory simply didn't believe him. Even if he did say that, Rory probaly wouldn't have believed him.

Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

Nat
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007, 10:11:53 pm »

I just found GG late last year so I'm working on catching up with the story, by watching all the DVD's.  I'm on season three and just saw Swan Song. 

I've seen many posts on different threads about how Jess is so much better than Dean.  Now that I have finally seen Jess and Rory together for  several episodes, I can say definitively, that I just don't see it.  Jess is a smart mouth, smart a**.  He doesn't respect anybody including Rory.  All he had to say was "I didn't fight with Dean, it was a dumb accident that I feel really stupid about, can I tell you later when there is nobody else around?"

I agree that Rory shouldn't have accused him out of hand, but then his mysterious denial just made it worse.

He did tell her that he didn't get in a fight with Dean though and she told him she didn't believe him. Trust is a big thing in a relationship. If i was in Jess' position and i had told Rory i didn't get in a fight and she still chose not to believe me then i'd be pretty pissed off too.

Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2007, 08:48:07 am »

Nat = I agree! He didnt lie to her , Rory just didnt believe him! What more can she want from the guy? He told her that he didnt fight with Dean,and to drop it.She didnt believe him,and continued to say so in front of Emily! Big mistake on her part! Grin

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 01:24:01 pm »

I totally agree- anyone who says that Jess should have been honest and told her about the swan thing and said that trust is the founder of a relationship i say that trust is important in a relationship and maybe if Rory had believed him when he said that he didn't get in a fight with Dean he would have been more likely to tell her about the swan. And seriously what guy actually admits that a swan gave him a black eye?? he got beaked!!!!!! LOL!!! it's so funny i mean seriously what are the odds of anyone else in the universe getting beaked by a swan?!
aww it's so sweet when Rory says "Keep thinking what you're thinking" and Jess says "I don't have a choice"!!!!!!!! so cute!! i think he should have been her first i mean that's what she was planning I thought that the conversation that she and her mom had about 'it' was interesting I think that Lorelai was worried however i don't think that she needed to be too worried about Rory getting pregnant or anything.
A good episode I think but it didn't really bring out the best moments of rory and Jess' relationship.

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2007, 01:27:22 pm »

Yeah I agree. I remeber once on the Rory's Boyfriend Thread they said that Jess shouldn't have lied about the swan and  and bla bla bla.(lol) And I was like "wait a miniute! He Didn't! He said :no dean fight: in  the same sentence,maybe not that order but still!

Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 12:34:29 am »

I think when people say Jess shouldn't have lied about the swan incident they are refering to the end of the episode where Jess tells Rory he was hit in the face with a football. The reason for this, i believe, was the nature of the story and the fact that he still felt that Rory wouldn't have believed him.  To me this show was a big turning point in their relationship and it showed just how much Jess was willing to do to keep Rory.
What had he done in their reltionship not to have her trust? To make a scene like that at the Grandmothers house was inappropriate and rude. She should have been tactful and waited until after the dinner to ask him what happened. The only reason she trusted it wasn't a fight with Dean was because she asked Dean. She then proceeded to tell Jess "I need to learn to trust you like I trusted him". WHAT?Huh? That is a horrible thing to say to your partner. Rory turned the situation into a bigger deal than it should've been all because she had unfounded trust issues, and in the end it was Jess who had to suck-up and attempt to make things right between them. She needed to apologise more to him.

Your love is like sweet, brown chocolate melting on the tongue of god - - Jeff Buckley
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 11:32:11 am »

wow I never looked at this episode like that! but i agree!!
Rory was the one that did wrong in this episode not Jess--so maybe he could have told her sooner but i'm sure he just wanted to get through the dinner with no arguements! I still can't believe he was actually willing to go through a Friday night dinner!! that man has courage!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
baileysmit
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -6

I love Gilmore Girls

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2007, 01:41:29 pm »

this episode is sooo cool!!!! i mean how many people get attacked by a swan and then get in a major fight with his girlfriend because she thinks that he got in a fight with her ex-boyfriend???

LOGAN: Well... you can move in with me.
RORY: What?
LOGAN: Move in with me. Paris' place is a hole anyway, I never liked that you lived there. And that doo-wop group downstairs? I don't think they were an honest-to-goodness singing group.
RORY: Logan, that's really sweet. But I can't move in
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2007, 05:45:28 pm »

This episode was so funny. Jess getting attacked by that swan was too much. I was laughing my head off! It was hilarious! And, when Luke and Jess went looking for the evil swan, that was funny as well. Jess's face was really bruised. What was he doing so close to a swan's head anyway? lol

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2007, 05:22:02 pm »

This episode was so funny. Jess getting attacked by that swan was too much. I was laughing my head off! It was hilarious! And, when Luke and Jess went looking for the evil swan, that was funny as well. Jess's face was really bruised. What was he doing so close to a swan's head anyway? lol

Hmm... good question! Maybe he dropped his book in the water, bent down to pick it up, looked at the demon swan, and it beaked him! lol.

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2007, 12:34:39 pm »

come on. who can really blame rory for not believing jess when he said he hadn't gotten into a fight with dean? is that such a far-fetched idea? i understand rory's reluctantness to take jess at his word on this. i'm convinced that the number one thing on rory's mind when she brought jess to dinner at the grandparents' house was "oh, God, i hope this doesn't turn out like it did when i brought dean over." so when jess shows up with a black eye and signs seem to point to jess and dean fighting, i can't blame rory for making the assumption she made.
    however, i can also understand jess's point of view. jess has been through a lot of criticism since he moved to stars hollow, so when he works hard to avoid dean and keep away from trouble where dean is concerned only to be blamed for something with dean that didn't even happen, that would obviously be a huge frustration. he probably feels like the work he puts in to "straightening up" for rory is in vain because she won't take him at his word. that's frustrating. i've been through it with my own parents.
    i thought it was quite comical to watch emily be sugary-sweet to jess, knowing she couldn't stand the thought of him by himself, let alone him being with her perfect granddaughter. she did a good job, and it was nice of her to put on that face to minimize the drama because Lord knows there was enough of it at that dinner. but it was so fake it was almost annoying. but i suppose that's emily gilmore for you.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
ari_peace08
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2007, 02:49:36 pm »

OMG Jess is so hottt! Kiss
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2008, 12:15:46 pm »

Sad! Mad! sad,mad,sad, mad!  Grin

Who was Jess really telling the truth to?? Luke or Rory??

I think maybe he did get in a fight with Dean because when Rory goes to tlak to dean he first goes "Oh um...."

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Undecided

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: