GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 02, 2022, 02:38:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.12 - Lorelai Out of Water  (Read 33867 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 05:15:25 pm »

I also feel sorry for Luke.  Sure he's perceived as sitting back and not 'manning up' to asking Lorelai out on a date but really you need to look at things from a broader sense.  He sees Lorelai as this force of nature, so sure of herself and so social with the whole Stars Hollow crowd.  She's a fabulous friend to all.  An amazing business woman who is making something out of nothing.  A single parent who in his eyes is rising up against the odds and coming up roses.  And he's the grumpy, quiet diner guy.  In his eyes that's it.  The best part of which for him is that every day, several times a day in most cases he gets blessed with her presence.  If he was to ask her out, and it didnt work out he loses an awful lot of his daily happiness.

Please read Forum Rules
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 04:20:42 pm »

Well, give him some credit. I mean, she's not just out of his league, she's also an emotional roller coaster equipped with surprise train wrecks, made catastrophic by the massive momentum of her baggage. He knows her a lot better and for a lot longer than all the confident strangers (like Zach) that do ask her out, maybe there's a connection.

Seriously, Luke thinks every relationship that involves emotions is a hassle leading to a mess followed by heart breakage, and Lorelai amplifies every emotional facet of anything in the course of intimately describing all her personal dramas to him. Maybe it isn't her rejection he's afraid of!

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 08:19:29 pm »

Very true lessa.  And in fact the more I think about it the more I really believe and take heart in the fact that his resistence to falling into love and relationships with Lorelai is more about his view on relationships and emotions than the object of them in itself.  Ahhh I feel so much better about it now.  See the good deeds this little Viewing Party brings about.  Cheesy

Please read Forum Rules
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 09:03:25 pm »

hope I'm wrong, but it seems like Paris isn't dating Jamie anymore.

poooooooooor Lane, Mrs. Kim really needs to ease  up on her.

where is Mr. Kim, locked up in the basement or attic? Undecided
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: