Author Topic: 3.15 - Face-Off  (Read 37690 times)

Offline TheHumanCoffeePot

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 58
  • Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.
    • View Profile
    • Lacey's Myspace...oh the joy
3.15 - Face-Off
« on: October 17, 2005, 01:12:18 pm »
Summary: Tired of waiting for Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) to call and make plans for the weekend, Rory (Alexis Bledel) goes to a hockey game with Lane (Keiko Agena) where she runs into Dean (Jared Padalecki) and his new girlfriend, Lindsay (guest star Arielle Kebbel). Lorelai (Lauren Graham) confronts Jess about his poor treatment of Rory. Meanwhile, Gran (guest star Marion Ross, "Happy Days") comes to stay with the Gilmores for a few days and Emily (Kelly Bishop) is shocked to find her mother-in-law kissing a man.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...

Offline dancer1012

• Town Elder
  • Community Points: 528
  • I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3
    • View Profile
Re: 3.15 - Face-Off
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 10:10:12 am »
The really scary thing is that I liked Emily in this episode. I think the reason why is because I always feel sorry for her when Grans around and so I just feel sorry and then when all of Grans friend including Gran were sitting in the living room Emily finnaly lost it and I love this line; " She was making out with a man in a purple jogging suit" or something like that. I also liked the part where Lorelai goes down stairs and finds Richard sitting on the couch drinking and they start laughing and joking around about what the guy that Gran was kissing could have looked like. It was just nice to see Lorelai and Richard having a pleasent moment together.
*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..

Offline emsly

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 11:53:28 am »
Why is Rory acting so weird at the end? I can't figure it out.

Offline MurphyFan595

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 63
  • Oh how I wish we could go back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 02:35:51 pm »
It might be because lorelai told her "You can’t be the kind of girl that gets all mad in her head and then forgets everything once he deigns to show up, right?" and she said yes and then when he showed up at the game she forgot all about her anger and went with him.

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport

Offline dancer1012

• Town Elder
  • Community Points: 528
  • I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 06:39:43 pm »
Do you mean before or after she made the phone call or before or after she ran into Lindsey and or Dean?
*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..

Offline emsly

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 07:00:37 pm »
Do you mean before or after she made the phone call or before or after she ran into Lindsey and or Dean?

Like when she gets home after she went to the concert with Jess. It just seemed odd to me. MurphyFan seems to have a good explaination.

Offline skftex

• Gilmore Maid
  • Community Points: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 09:15:32 pm »
Yes, Rory is mad at Jess for not calling but as soon as he shows up she just goes off with him without telling him that she was upset.  So at the end she is upset because she doesn't want to be "that girl".

Sharon

Offline GGFan13

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 4
  • Java Junkies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 07:18:28 pm »
Did anyone notice that in this episode on the back of Dean's jersey they spell Forrester with 2 R's. In the season guide and online they spell it with 1 R. (Forrester on tv and Forester on other things) I find that funny. LOL ;D
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dfre333g
!!!!Everybody Please sign to help have the show picked up for a season 8!!!

Offline ILoveLorelai

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 02:11:31 pm »
Does anyone think that maybe Luke picked up the phone message?  And if he did....do you think he talked to Jess about it?  Or do you figure that Luke only has an answering machine because someone like Lorelai made him get one and therefore probably does not check messages anyway?  :)

I think that Rory was acting weird at the end because (1) she didn't want to be that girl (as was already pointed out), and (2) she probably felt really awful about thinking such horrible things about Jess and being angry when all the while  he was trying to make a nice surprise for her by taking her to the concert.  I've been there and I know what it feels like when someone does something nice for you and you were harboring angry feelings about their behavior and you simply didn't know what they had been planning.  It's awful. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 02:20:27 pm by ILoveLorelai »

"Would you like a fry with your evilness?

deans_grl

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 06:16:05 pm »
Did anyone notice that in this episode on the back of Dean's jersey they spell Forrester with 2 R's. In the season guide and online they spell it with 1 R. (Forrester on tv and Forester on other things) I find that funny. LOL ;D
Yeah and on the features in season one on the interview things the spelled it Forrester and i found that out today and i was confussed i thought it was a typo but maybe the season guides are wrong

Offline JusTcaLLmeRedhEad

• Diner Owner
  • Community Points: 15
  • KeeP iT cOminG. (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 11:46:12 am »
Rory:: What mallody do I have that makes me limp and lose the ability to feed myself??
Lorelai:: Its French.

HA. that was great.

SoOo jess forgot to call..he's still Jess. LOL. and how sweeet was it that he brought her those tickets to the concert?? god. i love him.

this quote absolutley CRACKED me up!!

Zack:: Dude, whats a bulwark??
Brian:: What??
Zack:: It says.."A bulwark never failing."
Brian:: I think its a wall..??
Zack:: Then why dont they just say that?? Bulwark sounds totally gay.
Brian:: I dont think you can call a hymn gay, its like a sin.

HAHAH.

you know what else was hillarious??? Kirk announcing at the Hockey Game. LOL.

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:

Offline totalggfan84

• Diner Regular
  • Community Points: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 04:48:28 pm »
I love how that relative in the inn finally stood up to taylor. "So go back to your store and count your peaches or something."

I like emily in this episode. I feel sorry for her when gran picks on her. She was hilarious when her and lorelai went back into the kitchen and she was like "Finally, after all these years of insults, etc, i finally have something against her."

I love how Dave was jealous. He ran so fast. Dave is one of the sweetest guys in the world. He puts up with Lane going out with Young-Cho and with Mrs. Kim. And he has to sneak around about his relationship with lane all the time but he likes her so much he does it all for her.  :smitten:

I love how Zack says "Bulwark sounds totally gay."

^Sig made by the awesome lukesgirl!^
Hi my name is Rachel (Angela is my TJS).
~Literati, Java Junkie~
Obsessed with Harry Potter and Twilight!

Offline QweenB

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 568
  • RIP Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 05:10:38 pm »
Hey, I dont know why but I ended up watching the deleted scene from 'Swan Song' just after watching this episode and in the scene Rory tells Lorelai that Alex has shown up on their doorstep in a purple jogging suit. Do you think that is why the scene was deleted?

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af

Offline sookie the chef

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 6
  • I just want you to know that I am in I am ALL in!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 12:09:28 pm »

Like when she gets home after she went to the concert with Jess. It just seemed odd to me. MurphyFan seems to have a good explaination.
I think Rory acts so wiered at the end because she is confused and she is trying to figure out why she gets so mad at jess then when he shows up, she hides her feelings and acts like nothing is wrong but then at the end her feelings get the best of her :-X

Offline Stars-n-Moons

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 14
  • Seven Super Seasons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 06:12:50 am »
This epoisde was ackward.  It was ackward for Rory becasue she met her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend, which is an uncomfortable situation.  It was ackward for Emily to see Trix and the purple track suit man together.  It was an ackward conversation between Jess and Lorelai.  It was also ackward for Dave becasue he didn't know how to handle the Lane and Young-Chui situation.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]