GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 08, 2021, 07:06:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.16 - The Big One  (Read 34938 times)
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 09:43:21 pm »

Yeah but they didn't really get rid of Alex! He just faded into thin air

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 04:04:22 pm »

This is one of my favorite episodes!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
uncledub
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

I haven't had that much fun since labor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 12:48:31 pm »

this has become one of my favourite episodes, mostly because it's almost entirely Liza Weil's episode. She was immense, from her villain side to the vulnerable side. the scenes with her & Adam Wiley are spot on and very funny, especially her pisstake of his character in "into the woods". But ye, the key scene is when she is torn apart by her rejection into Harvard. Very strong writing, even when the mood turns into awkwardness

Luke: Rory was a kid, Dean. She grew up. She moved on. Accept it.
Dean: You accept it. This town, itís all you are, and itís not enough. Sheís going to get bored, and you canít take her anywhere. Youíre here forever.
Luke: Itís different.
Dean: Itís not different. You and me. Same thing.
homegrown_bliss
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 08:58:02 am »

the look on Lorelais face when she saw all those thick envelopes.. very proud of her daughter. thats a great moment there. 

*-_anne_-*
iloveggirls
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

Just looking for something to shut you up

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 09:12:56 am »

i agree awesome moment

thanks amber!

I'm Nina_ grey's and gilmore lover_ java junkie~literati~noodie
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 06:26:34 pm »

Uh, hello.  Newbie here making his first post.  I just watched the episode a couple of days ago on ABC Family and I've been following the show for a couple of months.  I don't know.  I don't watch TV.  Maybe it was Sebastian Bach that got me into the show along with lots and lots of indie bands.

Anyways, I watched the show from its pilot to right now, the latter stages of the 3rd season.  Paris Gellar was one of my fave characters at the moment along with Sookie, Lane, Luke, Richard & Emily Gilmore, and Jess (I prefer Jess over Dean, Dean's kind of a wuss).  I saw her as this neurotic, uptight girl who doesn't really show her emotions but yet is a great comic foil for Rory.  I would say the third season as of now, really develops Paris into a broader character as this friend/rival for Rory.  Even as she had finally found a boyfriend and then have that b*tch Francie manipulate her in which she angrily confesses that Rory is her friend. 

In this episode, I think this is where Paris finally opens herself more, especially to Rory.  The meltdown on C-SPAN was very sad as all those years of hard work and pressure to go to Harvard finally crashed.  I like the development of her character along with the witty dialogue it had. 
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 07:37:41 am »

I Loved this episode!!

Lorelai: Hey, What are the odds of paris sleeping with someone again in this lifetime?
Rory: Not Good.

Grin

and the thign with the speech. Oh god that was funny.

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
miloismine
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 05:10:21 pm »

When Paris and Rory are talking, Paris asked why Rory chose the font for her speech and then what Rory says in response is muted on television.

What did Rory say?? Huh

Milo <3
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 05:16:42 pm »

PARIS: Good. Letís read. Why did you use this font?
RORY: Because I was on the crack.

They probably cut it on TV because Rory talks about drugs.  It's interesting to watch them on TV, they cut out some strange things!

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
miloismine
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 06:42:21 pm »

They probably cut it on TV because Rory talks about drugs.  It's interesting to watch them on TV, they cut out some strange things!

aaahahaha i thought that might of been it, thanks! 

Do you also happen to know whats muted in the episode before it, about the hockey game where Lorelai and Rory are walking by the TP'ed school and Lorelai says something?

Milo <3
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 06:17:25 pm »

I have to say that Paris is not my favorite person but I do like her. One thing is she had been building her reputation up for so long and really just ruined it. I felt so bad for in this episode
Copperboom619
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 09:41:52 pm »

They probably cut it on TV because Rory talks about drugs.† It's interesting to watch them on TV, they cut out some strange things!

aaahahaha i thought that might of been it, thanks!†

Do you also happen to know whats muted in the episode before it, about the hockey game where Lorelai and Rory are walking by the TP'ed school and Lorelai says something?

Thery said dimebag ABC Family is very strict about drug references lol
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 09:35:53 pm »

I cant belilve that Paris said sleeping with Jamie was what made her not get acceped to harvord that is crazy. I think Lorelai should have just walked right on Rory and Paris instead of acting like she had no idea what the were talking about, because Paris was the same age as Rory and I really do think Lorelai should have been the one giving advice (only because she is experieced and rory was not). Anyway I loved that part were Rory had to pull Paris off the stage and Richard was sleeping and i hated when Lorelai and Max kissed i thought that they were going to get back toghter, but they didn't and i was glad. My sister was shocked when she saw that Rory had got accepted to all three collages and all i said was i'm not.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE EPISODES!!!!!

gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 07:10:53 pm »

wow that breakdown from paris was.....omg!!

dianakarenina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 02:02:14 pm »

"I'VE GOT MY BEANS.. MY MAGIC BEANS!!! INTOO THEE WOOODS... INTOO THEE WOOODS!!!"
"he's been talking to a cow.." "STOP IT PARIS! I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A PERSON INSIDE THAT COW!!"

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA iiii juuuust loooooove thaat!! i don't know whyy.. it just cracks me up!!

when she walked in and was all untidy and everything i thought that she and jamie had broken up. but then she says about harvard and i'm like "OMG!!!" i really felt for her.. she always did thing to geti nto harvard.. all those years of community service.. everything about her was for harvard and then suddenly she gets the letter saying she wasn't accepted ): i felt awful for her, it must be hard..  this is where i started liking the paris geller character. i've always kind of laughed with her, but i never really connected with her. but in this episode i understood her a little.

i don't think that lorelai should've talked to paris because it would just have made matters worse. lorelai is a great and cool mom and pal when talking about hair and makeup and movies.. but with sex i think she would've freaked paris out and made her think that she had done a bad thing and then the letter from harvard would arrive.. i think rory handled it well and kudos to lorelai for respecting that paris is rory's friend and wanted rory's advice.

aww i liked max.. but he wasn't for lorelai.. luke is for lorelai cough cough.. no, really... max was a literature teacher, he lived his life according to literature, to traditionalism and lorelai doesn't.. she believes in love and snow but that's about it.. i also don't think that max would've been happy being rory's stepdad. i don't know why, i just don't think so..

great episode!!! (L)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: