GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 02, 2022, 01:56:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.17 - A Tale of Poes and Fire  (Read 36165 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:10:54 pm »

Summary: When a meeting of the Edgar Allan Poe Society at the Independence Inn is interrupted by a fire, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) must find rooms for the guests at various homes around town. Forced to give up her own room, Lorelai spends the night at Luke's (Scott Patterson). Trying to decide among Harvard, Yale and Princeton, Lorelai and Rory (Alexis Bledel) make an extensive list of pros and cons for each school. Luke worries that Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) may be skipping school when he learns that Jess has been working a surprising number of hours at Wal-Mart.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 166

Life is short so talk fast!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 04:56:57 pm »

Aww,Lorelai loves the Independence Inn,and it caught on fire.   Cry

I loved this scene with Patty,Michel and Babette.

MISS PATTY: [answers] Hello, this is the Independence Inn emergency headquarters. I'm Miss patty, I'll be assisting you today. How may I help you? [pause] The printer will be here in half an hour, I'll let him know. Thank you. Goodbye. [hangs up] The printer will –

MICHEL: I heard, and you've got to shorten your greeting.

MISS PATTY: What?

MICHEL: You do not need to recite the Gettysburg Address every time you answer the phone.

MISS PATTY: I was Ricardo Montalban's receptionist for six months and he never complained.

MICHEL: Who?

MISS PATTY: Don't make me hit you.

&

BABETTE: Hey Michel, I just hit F4 and the num lock key and the one with the little apple on it and it's freaking out like it's on acid or something.

MICHEL: Oy vey.

[phone rings]

MISS PATTY: I got it. [answers] Yeah?

MICHEL: Well, you need to say more than that.

MISS PATTY: Well, make up your mind.

Lorelai: "Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home."

Sookie: "What  happens if you eat 13 blueberries? Would you die?"
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 05:51:07 pm »

Pro-Con lists so Gilmore. It was so sad when the inn cought on fire because it was Lorelai's life and everything inbween and it was just like a little part of her was gone but another part was opening becuase now that the Independce inn was gone her and Sookie could focause on the Dragon Fly. I would never want to go to anything like Lorelai and Rory had to sit through because I would be afraid that I would fall asleep!
Krik- How can I become a Poe?
Bebbett ate oatmeal!!!!!

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 10:57:18 pm »

I love this little scene during the Poe reading:

Lorelai: "Luke, give me your pen."
Luke: "I don't have a pen."
Lorelai: "Where's the pen you take orders with?"
Luke:" You have got to stop assuming I take pens with me everywhere I go."

lol. They had the same little conversation during Rory's graduation when she needed a pen.

I also really love Luke's hair in this episode. He looks good with the short buzz cut. And he looks incredibly hot in his pajamas. lol.

dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 09:01:50 pm »

Lorelai: "Luke, give me your pen."
Luke: "I don't have a pen."
Lorelai: "Where's the pen you take orders with?"
Luke:" You have got to stop assuming I take pens with me everywhere I go."
They have this conversation alot.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 10:10:33 pm »

I know, and I laugh hysterical everytime. lol. Luke's always so confused like, "I don't have a pen..."

caffeinegurl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 08:28:09 pm »

I thought at the time she was just trying to bug him but yes she still wanted the pen but then again when she "annoys" Luke i find it hillarious!

jinglesosborne

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 06:00:25 pm »

The chemistry between L/L in their "sleeping together" scene was really interesting even though it's still a season before their official hookup.  I can't help but think that if Stars Hollow was like any other town (with lots of Babettes and East Side Tillies) there would have been a lot of fuss about the two spending the night together.  I supposed that because Jess was there snoring, he was a kind of chaperone.

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your mother’s wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish she’d give it back.
Lapis Lazuli

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 09:25:44 pm »

Pretty good episode. Liked the scene with the "Poe-try" reading haha. The Raven- twice! I think it's great how helpful Rory is in this episode, totally willing to let someone take her room for the night, help out with the kids, etc. But the end of the episode where they see how badly the inn is damaged... GG makes me so sad sometimes.
LandL_4ever
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:36:28 am »

yes, it was very sad at the end when it was all burnt and they founf the little cat that sookie liked. i like when lorelai slept over at luke's and she told him about the dream that she had  Smiley
lovin_logan
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 07:50:28 pm »

don't u just love the gilmore pro-con list (just realizing how famous they are for it when i watched the episode whe logan jokes about it when he was arguing with rory outside paris's apartment the night she find out he "cheated" on her)

Ilove when sookie took over luke's kitchen and was throwing everything he had cooking out. Ilove her character
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 03:09:55 pm »

I absolutly loved at the end when Rory walks into her room && Lorelai had taked down all the Harvard stuff && replaced it with Yale stuff. and then there was Kirk's shirt that said Rory's going to Yale!!

Speakin of Kirks shirts..that was a pretty hillarious idea Pleased

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
BodhiG
Diner Regular

Community Points: 91

Ozma Lambchops

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 12:58:13 am »

Isn't Luke a little old for a dinosaur mattress?  Did anyone else notice it? Cheesy

"Why is it that when you miss somebody so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you always hear the saddest song ever on the radio?"

"Where's the baby?  THERE HE IS!"

Janich was my first.  Who says distance is a hindrance?
totalggfan84
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 06:33:39 pm »

This whole episode was sweet and sad at the same time. I loved how Lorelai spent the night at Luke's house and told him about the dream she had.

I loved the two readings of the Raven. It seems everywhere Lorelai goes and she's in the audience of some really boring thing she starts talking and then she looks up and the person talking is staring at her.

I love this quote though. Its so GG

LUKE: Oh, he'd hate it if I was there. You know, seeing him participating in some corporate ceremony like that, being called upstanding and responsible, it would kill him. Yeah, I'm going.

LORELAI: Good boy.

^Sig made by the awesome lukesgirl!^
Hi my name is Rachel (Angela is my TJS).
~Literati, Java Junkie~
Obsessed with Harry Potter and Twilight!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 02:18:14 am »

I watched this episode again last night for the first time in a few years so it all seemed new again. I got all choked up at the end, the way Lorelai went from being really pumped to get back into the Inn to a few moments later seeing her whole world in tatters...was so sad  Cry

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: