GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 02:58:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.20 - Say Goodnight, Gracie  (Read 55054 times)
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2007, 07:10:51 am »

Yeah, IMY, i think it totaly sucked how Jess had to leave. But he let Rory down-He had to have loved her then too- and he was kicked out-or as Luke calls it "getting himself kicked out- and he was going to be pitied by Rory,-or worse, not talked to and ignored. I cant even imagine the pain he must have felt,you know?
I can't imagine either -b/c he had to leave the only girl he's ever loved -he knew that he had to go but he also knew that this was where him and Rory finished (however if I have my way he will come back again and they will never finish!) and he must have been having a major dilema because he had to go but that meant leaving Rory if I was him I would just scream and scream and be like 'why? why me i can't choose!' aww poor Jess!! If only he had graduated things would have been sooooooo different things would have been Literati heaven!!!!

rain12~ That would have been a good way to end the episode. That song really reflects how Jess must have been feeling as he sat on that bus. oh and by the way you should come on the Literati thread!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2007, 08:25:10 am »

Imy = yeah,things would be way different. I can never decide if Im angry at Jess for leaving,or sad for him. Right now,Im sad.Cause he loved her so much,and he dissapointed her.It must have been the worst thing in the world!

Rain12 = oh,I was just telling you so that someone mean and unfriendly doesnt yell at you! (THAT DIDNT HAPPEN TO ME....*twitches* lol) anyways,that would have been a great ending!  Wink

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 12:32:31 pm »

Emily~ I'm sad for him!!! I really makes me feel like crying this episode! I'ts just sooooooo sad when he's sitting on the bus and she gets off and he is so sad he can't even read!  Cry

Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2007, 12:49:27 am »

I agree with whomever it was that said this episode was contrived and purposefully setup to show the quick downfall of Jess so they could write him out of GG and into his own spin-off. The sudden appearance of Jimmy, Jess's Dad, was all a bit too much for me. I always thought it was a storyline they could've persued much more with GG rather than in a spin-off. It happened so quickly (and at the best time of course) and it was over just as quickly. Obviously they realised Jess was a popular character and wanted to try andprofit from it. Silly gooses!

I think the Dean engagment was ridiculous, as was the Dean marriage and the following Dean affair. It once again shows him to be stupid. The boy gets into college and throws it away to marry a woman who has no real future or personality. I get that he loved Rory and couldn't get over her, but it was his high-school gf and he was only 18. Anyone with an ounce of smarts would at least wait until you had officially moved past your ex before you jumped into marriage with an air-head. Or actually just wait until you'd finished college before you weighed yourself down with the hassels of marriage. In my opinion, this is once again showing the stupidity of Dean and how innocent, naive and pathetic he really is. Rory was wise to try and talk some sense into him. I don't agree with what Dean said about Jess treating Rory like dirt. He didn't latch onto her and do everything and anything she wanted like Dean did, but that doesn't mean he treated her poorly.

I LOVE Lorelai singing to Rory at the beginning and how proud she is of the damage that was caused because of her.

I hated to see Jess go but it was inevitable at that stage. I think the final scene between he and Rory was heartbreaking andthe look Rory gives Jess is of anger and disappointment in my view. I don't think she thinks he is leaving and not coming back, I just think she is hurt and mad about not being able to go to prom and the fact that she feels let down.
It was a sad epiode of people once again not being able to communicate. That was the biggest factor in the Rory/Jess breakup.

Your love is like sweet, brown chocolate melting on the tongue of god - - Jeff Buckley
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2007, 02:47:33 pm »

Kinda just rewatched this (it was on while I was doing other stuff)...very good.  I was laughing and I really like Lorelai talking to the guy at the funeral.

I'm also quite partial to this episode because my name is Grace...so I love having and episode with my name in it. 

The beginning part is so funny.  I love it, how Lorelai isn't mad, just starts singing.   

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
fruple
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 02:47:14 pm »

I was soo sad about Jess leaving!  I mean, his mom didn't want him and his dad left him, so he probably never really communicated with anyone until he met Rory.  Even then, he had a hard time communicating.

All in all, I loved and hated the episode.  When Dave came back to Lane's house after he read the Bible, I was laughing sooo hard.  I mean, he sounded so desperate, and the part when he said he couldn't feel his elbow cracked me up because that always happens to me.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2007, 06:13:31 am »

^Dave was hilarious in this episode I'm kinda sad that he left and didn't come back at all.

And it was really really sad when Jess left and I get what you mean it was like he was unwanted and so he just left.

Such a sad but good episode!

rain12
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Literati & java junkie!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2007, 09:35:18 pm »

haha funny.  The 2nd to last episode of Will and Grace is called Say Goodnight, gracie too.  I wonder where it is from, does anyone know?  I guess I could ask in the question and answer thread.

There was a show in like the 60's called George Burns and Gracie Allens Show.

Quote from wikipeda--- Burns would always end the show with "Say goodnight, Gracie" to which Allen simply replied "Goodnight." She never said "Goodnight, Gracie," as legend has it.[1] (This "false memory" may be caused by the Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In ending: "Say goodnight, Dick." "Goodnight, Dick!") Burns was once asked this question and said it would've been a funny line. Asked why he didn't do it, Burns replied, "Incredibly enough, no one ever thought of it."

For more information go to ------>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_George_Burns_and_Gracie_Allen_Show  <------

Oh, and I am sooooooooooo, sorry for anyone who read this before it was modifyed, someone told me that saying was from a show called the Honeymooners. Well he was wrong. Now I feel really stupid and emberessed. But this time I actuly looked this up and I hope this helps.  ---- Very Sorry, Rain
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 03:06:54 pm by rain12 » Logged

"Lorelai are you a member of the DAR?" Lorelai: "No I'm not DAR N."
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2007, 04:37:56 am »

^^oooh that makes more sense now! thanks!

addict
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 12:55:05 pm »

...just want to put my two cents' worth in

the whole back-and-forth-at-the-diner thing with rory and jess is their saddest breakup scene for me. someone said this already, but i agree that their biggest problem and the reason they broke up was not being able to communicate, and this scene just shows how they desperately want to, but can't. they don't trust each other and they don't talk about what they're feeling... from the very beginning rory denied liking jess even to herself, and jess can't ever completely let his guard down with her (swan song?!? kind of funny problem, but for me this was the beginning of the end of them. not so much the fight (that too), but his not being able to tell her about the swan). so jess is insecure about the relationship because rory never actually chose him over dean, she was just kind of pushed into a decision - and because he's generally kind of insecure about his worth as a person -  and rory doesn't trust jess not to lie to her or not to be a jerk to other people, not to mention feeling insecure because he won't tell her where his foul moods are coming from or make concessions like dean did. but they care about each other so much (and unlike former posters, i also think there were a lot more references to jess and rory having interesting conversations than rory and dean, who, as i recall, spent most of their time together kissing, watching movies and talking about how much they enjoyed kissing and watching movies (i know i'm being a little unfair, but after season 2 i also think it's unfair to say rory and jess have nothing going for them but making out - dean isn't particularly well-informed and doesn't express a lot of interest in most of what rory is reading or thinking except in the sense that he wants to make her happy or humor her. not that that's bad or makes him less than a sweet person, i just think it's a pretty big limit when it comes to maintaining her undivided attention and intellectual respect)) so anyhow, it just makes me incredibly sad to watch two people helplessly fail in their attempts to connect. jess needs her so much, but he doesn't know the first thing about being in a relationship and just unintentionally, systematically sabotages it. and she's so used to being with someone completely open (especially about his commitment to her) that she can't see how much he does need her, how hard it is for him to believe that she cares about him or admit (and show) that he cares about her.  i guess i just wish they'd had more time to be happy together.

@dean's engagement - i don't think it makes much sense either, i also find it odd given that he just got into a fight over rory, and it's obviously too soon for him both in terms of age and in terms of rory. what she said to him may not have been polite, but i think it was true and i think he would have been better off giving it some thought instead of yelling at her.

also, dave utterly and completely rocks. i love him for lane. SPOILER and while zach is hands down prettier, i never saw lane with a dope (even a nice one). i hate obviously pragmatically forced strange plot decisions. darn oc california or whoever broke the deal Sad SPOILER OVER

i guess that was three cents
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2007, 08:16:24 pm »

i agree with u mostly even though ur reply was longer than my dictionary, i think rory and jess had communication problems. but i also think they go good together and u want them to be together, but u want them to stop at the sametime. im just sad they couldnt of had a better senior year. i mean rory missed prom! Sad
kim_gilmoregirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2007, 08:59:59 pm »

Man I loved it so much when Dave was talking to Lane's mom. I couldn't stop laughing because it was so sweet. I'm gonna miss that boy. With Rory and Jess..idk. They didn't communicate well and I felt like they didn't have a real 'relationship'. With Dean I felt like they had a better relationship. The whole him getting married well...wow.

Dave & Lane. < 3

Logan & Rory. < 3
JMARCH
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2007, 06:11:30 am »

"A few weeks ago you told me that Lane had a crush on me. Well, I have a crush on her too. Now, I know you have very strict rules about dating and boys, but I just want you to know that I'm a good person. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I've never gotten a ticket, I'm healthy, I take care of myself, I floss. I never watch more than 30 minutes of television a night, partly because I think it's a waste of time, and partly because there's nothing on. I respect my parents, I do well in school, I never play video games in case they do someday prove that playing them can turn you into a serial killer. I don't drink coffee. I hate soda, because the carbonation freaks me out. I'm happy to give up meat if you feel strongly about it. I don't mind wearing a tie. I enjoy playing those hymns on my guitar, and I really, really want to take your daughter to the prom."

Dave was the bomb. Oh, why did he have to go? Damn The OC.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2007, 01:46:17 pm »

...just want to put my two cents' worth in

the whole back-and-forth-at-the-diner thing with rory and jess is their saddest breakup scene for me. someone said this already, but i agree that their biggest problem and the reason they broke up was not being able to communicate, and this scene just shows how they desperately want to, but can't. they don't trust each other and they don't talk about what they're feeling... from the very beginning rory denied liking jess even to herself, and jess can't ever completely let his guard down with her (swan song?!? kind of funny problem, but for me this was the beginning of the end of them. not so much the fight (that too), but his not being able to tell her about the swan). so jess is insecure about the relationship because rory never actually chose him over dean, she was just kind of pushed into a decision - and because he's generally kind of insecure about his worth as a person - and rory doesn't trust jess not to lie to her or not to be a jerk to other people, not to mention feeling insecure because he won't tell her where his foul moods are coming from or make concessions like dean did. but they care about each other so much (and unlike former posters, i also think there were a lot more references to jess and rory having interesting conversations than rory and dean, who, as i recall, spent most of their time together kissing, watching movies and talking about how much they enjoyed kissing and watching movies (i know i'm being a little unfair, but after season 2 i also think it's unfair to say rory and jess have nothing going for them but making out - dean isn't particularly well-informed and doesn't express a lot of interest in most of what rory is reading or thinking except in the sense that he wants to make her happy or humor her. not that that's bad or makes him less than a sweet person, i just think it's a pretty big limit when it comes to maintaining her undivided attention and intellectual respect)) so anyhow, it just makes me incredibly sad to watch two people helplessly fail in their attempts to connect. jess needs her so much, but he doesn't know the first thing about being in a relationship and just unintentionally, systematically sabotages it. and she's so used to being with someone completely open (especially about his commitment to her) that she can't see how much he does need her, how hard it is for him to believe that she cares about him or admit (and show) that he cares about her. i guess i just wish they'd had more time to be happy together.
i guess that was three cents
I'd Say that's way more than three cents!! That was incredible and I totally agree with every word of it! lol

JMARCH~ I loved Dave too. But Adam Brody was very good in the OC and The OC was like my rebound to GG ending so I'm kinda ok that he left!

starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 07:46:44 am »

Did you ever know that your my hero?....  Grin

Did you see how out of place jess was in California?

The thing with Dave and the bible and Mrs. Kimm was soooo funny!

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: