GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 24, 2022, 06:45:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.21 - Here Comes the Son  (Read 38859 times)
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 03:02:39 pm »

yeah they refer to him as James Dean in some part of GG I don't remember when though!

oh my gosh I loved Cecile!

I don't know if I'm getting this right or not but there's that lady and she calls Lorelai Natlie Wood and rory Audrey Hepburn? Well if that's what she calls them than does anyone think it's funny that Jess is sopose to be James Dean?
oh come on we all know that Audrey Hepburn and James Dean would have made a great couple lol!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 05:03:06 pm »

Quote from: rain12 on November 10, 2007, 10:56:00 AM
I don't know if I'm getting this right or not but there's that lady and she calls Lorelai Natlie Wood and rory Audrey Hepburn? Well if that's what she calls them than does anyone think it's funny that Jess is sopose to be James Dean?

oh come on we all know that Audrey Hepburn and James Dean would have made a great couple lol!!

Grin

OK How out of place did Jess look in California?? And WHY did he leave without telling Rory??  Sad

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 05:09:56 pm »

He was totally out of place in Cali.  Considering that he arrives wearing nothing but black and Cali is all colorful and sunny. 

I think the reason he never said anything to Rory is the fact that he is too ashamed to talk to her or say anything.  He had too much pride in just being this kind of rebellious, bad-boy.  He just didn't have the balls to tell Rory he's sorry for what he did and such.  I feel sorry for Luke for just trying to help him.  He did everything he could to help him.

Other than all that drama.  It was great to see Miss Celine talking about costumes and such.  I also liked the hilarious scenes involving Madeline & Louise ripping up pictures from the yearbook and Paris telling Lorelei to open her shirt and then a brief moment where Lorelei hugged Paris.  Paris' reaction is just priceless.  She's da bomb!
Copperboom619
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 11:16:04 am »

I have mixed feelings about this episode.  I loved rory getting ready for grad and how happy they are but i hate everything in Cali with jess
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:25 am »

Shasa and anna r the same actress aren't they? jess is a jurk 2 go without calling rory!!!

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 04:01:42 pm »

Yes, that is Sherilyn Fenn of Twin Peaks fame.

It's weird seeing her with short blond hair.  She's better in brunette.  I prefer brunette.

She played Sasha in this episode and later, she plays Anna Nardini in Season 6 & 7 in her natural look. 

I had a think for her back in the day and she's still hot.  I'll take her over Sherry.  She's too peppy!
Corey_Gilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Watch out for that spork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 03:46:57 am »

Jess and Jimmy work well together:

Jimmy: First time on the west coast?
Jess: First time.
(long pause)
Jimmy: Oh uh, the sights. Ocean...
Jess: Was wondering what that was.
Jimmy: ...sand...
Jess: Keeps the ocean in its place.
Jimmy: ...sky.
Jess: Got one of those back east.

If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there on the next train

Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 08:20:36 pm »

Ha, but it's not the same color and it points the other direction. XD

This episode is sad... and funny. It's smunny. My biggest laugh is Jess touring the beach in his leather jacket, it really kind of redefines "cool." But it's also a reminder that wearing winter clothes in Southern Cali is exactly what the entire cast was doing most of the time. If I had a bunch of Emmys, I'd pass them around just for that.

JazzedPotato
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2008, 07:25:40 am »

He was totally out of place in Cali.  Considering that he arrives wearing nothing but black and Cali is all colorful and sunny. 

That looked quite funny indeed.. In fact the whole scene struck me as a bit strange, some people seemed either over- or underdressed.. Some were in bikini's others in jackets/ warm long-sleeved clothes (not just Jess) which seemed strange and sort of distrancting from the actual scene to be honest.

I think the reason he never said anything to Rory is the fact that he is too ashamed to talk to her or say anything.  He had too much pride in just being this kind of rebellious, bad-boy.  He just didn't have the balls to tell Rory he's sorry for what he did and such.  I feel sorry for Luke for just trying to help him.  He did everything he could to help him.
I agree ... Jess felt badly obviously - not just due to pride though imho (judging from his behaviour ever since he got told he couldn't go to the prom), ashamed - and rightfully so as he assumed he could fix it easily after having missed as much as he did and getting plenty of warnings obviously.
I truely do think he wanted to take Rory to the prom, as he stated before being a man of his word - like Luke - and like he later proved to be in his actions, but actually in many was proved to be even now (the execution of his acts leaving somewhat to be desired but the intentions and goals clearly there).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:29:57 am by JazzedPotato » Logged

Rory: I am dancing, I can not control where my glance goes, and when I can control it, my glance goes to Dean.
Jess: So you can't control it when you look at me, but you have to force yourself to look at him. [to Dean] Sorry man, that's cold
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 04:56:26 pm »

loved the scene with Lorelai and Paris, especially the hug.

Jess and Jimmy in California...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: