GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 24, 2022, 04:28:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Could you live in a town like Stars Hollow?
Yes: I love small towns - 99 (53.2%)
Yes: I LIVE in a small town and love it - 47 (25.3%)
No: Nice place to visit though - 21 (11.3%)
No: Are you nuts? It's the city or death! - 6 (3.2%)
No: I live in a small town and I want OUT! - 13 (7%)
Total Voters: 184

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Small Town Living' Poll  (Read 62861 times)
Lauren-Junkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

GG, Golden Retrievers,books- That's me!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2007, 12:52:33 am »

Yes, definetily if it was in a town like Stars Hollow!! 
It would be so lovely!
I live in a middle town, It's not big, but it's not small.
Umeň (my towns name)  has  about 200 197 inhabitants  , so it's NOT a small town.

LIFE IS SHORT
TALK FAST!

GILMORE GIRLS WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2007, 04:59:24 am »

Both have their advantages. I think Rory had the best deal ever. You get a safe small town with community and character and events and friends, but then when you get a bit older and what more options and a faster pace of life you move to a city.
How cool would it be to go to Town Meetings in Stars Hollow or events like the Firelight festival? and to know all your neighbours and be able to call on them when you need them. Like when the Inn burns down and Babette and Miss Patty offer to put people up on their couches.
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2007, 09:55:30 am »

My sister and I have joked about wanting to move to a place just like Stars Hollow since the first season!  I mean, how cool!  I love the craziness of everything there and the weird-o characters lurking about!  Taylor, Miss Patty, Babette, KIRK!  I would adore it!  I wish Stars Hollow really existed...I'd move there in an instant!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2007, 01:16:28 pm »

If i could live in a small town that had all of the nutty characters like GG, Id live in a small town.  Otherwise i need to be in the city!!  Smiley
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2007, 09:55:32 am »

I could live in a small town, as long as I could have my ginormous horse farm. I would be the resident who lives on the edge of town. But I could NEVER live in the city. I hate the city if I am there for more than a day. No offense to you city folk, but I am a country girl (well I live in the suburbs) and I need to have a lot of land. I love being able to look for miles and see nothing but wildlife. I love watching sunsets and such. I need my fresh air!

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Shawnte
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2007, 10:14:04 am »

I live in a small town now.  However, I would love to live in a town like Stars Hollow, it seems like so much fun.  They always have things going on.   The town I live in is boring they have only 2 festivals and they're not that interesting.

Lorelai: Okay, gotta get up.
Luke: Why?
Lorelai: Work. Inn. Buy shoes. Oh, my God, I can't move. I need coffee.
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2007, 04:07:55 pm »

I live in a small town in New England but I've always felt out of place here because I'm a BIG city gal. I love the hustle, bustle, the attitude and everything else that goes with big cities. I like going around the corner to get what you need instead of having to go anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hr (in places like Vermont) just to get groceries. I like the tall buildings and I hate having to drive everywhere. I'm very independent but I love meeting all kinds of people. Big cities are for me!  Grin

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Kaish15
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2007, 09:38:15 pm »

I couldn't stand living in a small city. I did growing up and it drove me nuts! No buses or anywhere to walk. My parents worked a lot so how do you travel? I now live in a bigger city, but I'm going bigger. I want to be in the heart of a city. NY sounds real good to me.

minilorelai14
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2007, 09:52:02 pm »

i live in a small town and seriously i dont think if anybody has heard of it..its called Oak Park its in California well if u never heard of it ur like everybody eles lol umm its somewht like starshollw we have town fairs and festivals we have town meetings its fun lol we have so quirky ppl lol but its more like high society which i hate!! theres like a little weathly ppl here and i hate it! and im not one of them but otherwise its ok..i guess i just dont like it becuase of the high society otherwise its nice!....we also have a town GARDEN!! LOL! i just really need to mention that lol! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:53:07 pm by minilorelai14 » Logged
katloregirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2007, 03:32:15 pm »

My  town is so small our population is even smaller then Starshollow's!!!! we have a total of 8,180 people. Most are distantly (or closely) related. but i love it.  Grin I've been to cities before and i just didn't like it- WAY to many people LOL. Cool I'm still gonna live here when i grow up cuse it's quite a bit like Starshollow because everyone know each other and we have a lot of festivals and fairs. Every year we have this big celebration called Riverfest. It's soooo much fun, we go all out.
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2007, 04:59:31 pm »

I live in a small town in CT and I love it! It reminds me so much of Stars Hollow it's funny Smiley
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2007, 07:04:31 pm »

Which town in CT?

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
minilorelai14
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2007, 07:10:51 pm »

well i know and ive been to the town Washington Depot is wht Starshollow is based on and i luv that town its so kool there!

btw my town is also smaller then starshollow (population 8,625!)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 07:16:00 pm by minilorelai14 » Logged
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2007, 08:26:40 pm »

well i know and ive been to the town Washington Depot is wht Starshollow is based on and i luv that town its so kool there!

btw my town is also smaller then starshollow (population 8,625!)

lol my town is wayyyy smaller than stars holloe! prolly barely even 1000 poplulation lol...but thers only like 1 store & 2 restaurants haha. then again i havent ever lived in a really big town lol excpe ti lived in the city when i was a baby  haha.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2007, 09:28:08 am »

my town is small but not as small as stars hollow and  no where near as wierd!!!
I live really close to the city (London) so I don't mind living in a small town!!
I'd love to live in a place like Stars Hollow where everybody knows everybody and all the shops aren't franchised!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: