GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 10:54:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 674
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate a Signature  (Read 1950961 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8340 on: December 30, 2007, 01:09:06 pm »

Yaya, you're using that one!!! It's sooooo pretty, I love the little colour-y light thingies.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: December 30, 2007, 01:46:46 pm »

Love love love your sig! I just made a Johnny Depp sig, but I haven't decided if I want to use it or not. 10/10 + *pretty stick*!

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: December 30, 2007, 01:58:56 pm »

This thread is a 'breeding ground for star posting'. To avoid getting snarked I think we should say what we like or don't like about the person's sig. (Or something other than just 10/10 or 10000000000000/10)

Perfect. That is all I was asking for. And also, if you have already rated someone's sig, you don't need to keep rating it. I'm no mod or anything, I just think that this thread would be more efficent.
I tried mentioning something like that before and everyone didn't get it.  When I glance at this thread and I know some haven't changed their sigs and they just keep rating the same old ones back and forth, with #s, well it gets quite annoying.[/color]

So, I'm going to go ahead and quote from about a year ago. It's from Melissa...She was quoting me.

I have been quiet for so long about some of the posts in this thread...maybe I'm over reacting but it just seems like the same people rating the same sigs over and over again. Not to pick on anyone, but gilmorefriend, you rated my sig twice...on the same page! And you said almost the same thing both times! This is part of the original post of this thread:
So how this works is you just rate the above person's signature on a scale from 1 to 10. (1 being the worst and 10 being the best) You can also make comments and what not but I thought it'd be fun to look at everyone's signatures and stuff since they are all Gilmore Girls related.

This thread could be a great place for people to better their sig  making skills... You could give some tips on things you notice or ways that the sig could be made better. I know I would love it if people gave me some advice on my graphics. If there is truly nothing wrong with it, and you truly like it...say that, go for it...but at least say why!!!

I have a feeling I will drop a few CP's because of this post, but I'm definately okay with that. If you think I'm wrong, I respect that...
Just my two cents...

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
Lucie
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: December 30, 2007, 02:03:48 pm »

Katie I think you make a valid point, and I know I am personally guilty of rating the same sigs more than one time. I will have to stop doing that. My thought is that some people just do it so that hopefully other people will then rate their sigs.

Anyway I think that your sig is beautifully done. You picked great moments, and it displays my two favorite couples! I love the fireworks! Great job! 10/10 + *pretty stick*!

I'm Shelby Cheesy

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8344 on: December 30, 2007, 02:08:25 pm »

Katie you're definatly right with that. Which is wy I always say what it is I like about a persons sig, and only come here if I have a new one, or if there's someone's I really want to comment on (like Amber's new one). I think other people need to do that too.
Although, to be fair Katie, you've been here a lot the past few days, and you've had the same sig. Not here for any particular reason. Jusssayin'

Don't rate my sig guys, I was just weighing in on the discussion  Wink

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: December 30, 2007, 02:20:39 pm »

Although, to be fair Katie, you've been here a lot the past few days, and you've had the same sig. Not here for any particular reason. Jusssayin'

I will admit I have posted three  Shocked times within the last day...(not counting this or the previous) But that was just because I was replying to a post that was made about my BRAND NEW sig. All other posts before that were with a different sig. I guess if those posts aren't up to par with their content, I should just delete them...

I was just trying to help things be better around here...I didn't mean any harm...

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: December 30, 2007, 02:25:50 pm »

I was just going to make a similar comment Katie.  Surely you can come back to respond to a comment without it being considered a bad thing.  It was pretty obvious that this is what you are doing as you have quoted the post.  I always thought that you invited somebody to rate your sig and that other posts were just part of the general conversation.  This is after all a forum and one would think that discussion is to be encouraged.

Sorry back again Grin.  However having never really visited this thread much in the past I could have it's purpose all wrong.  But still - conversation is a good thing right?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:28:12 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8347 on: December 30, 2007, 02:32:45 pm »

But the posts that were posting weren't even rating signatures!!! There were 3 posts rating your sig, and you only responded t one of them. If you were here to respond to all of the posts about your sig, surely now, you'd have responded to all of them!?
You also ignored the people above you's signatures, even when they'd rated yours. I agree entirely with your fist statement, but I think everyone should look at their posting habits here. It's not fair.

MiniPink
Gilmoregirl1515
Inn Manager

Community Points: 1183

Even heroes know when to be scared

View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: December 30, 2007, 02:53:03 pm »

10/10... And yeah, I know I've rated yours already..

Ahhh... I don't really want to get involved with this little spat here..

I just wanted to show off my new sig!!

Graphic Love <3
Smile. I'm Maggie. I'll make your day. x]
Lucie
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: December 30, 2007, 04:00:26 pm »

Maggie your new sig is beautiful! I love the little light thingy. You always have the cutest sayings on your sigs! 10/10 + *pretty stick*!

I'm Shelby Cheesy

Gilmoregirl1515
Inn Manager

Community Points: 1183

Even heroes know when to be scared

View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: December 30, 2007, 04:04:52 pm »

Thank you Shelby! I think this is my favorite sig of yours! I love Lane and Zack's relationship... 10/10 and a Pretty Stick!  Grin

Graphic Love <3
Smile. I'm Maggie. I'll make your day. x]
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: December 30, 2007, 04:13:26 pm »

Not to pick on anyone, but gilmorefriend, you rated my sig twice...on the same page! And you said almost the same thing both times!
I got a new sig, so I wanted to see what people thought of it. And, I didn't want to ignore you. I really do like your sig, and that doens't mean I can only give you one pretty stick.
Maggie- I love your sig! The firefly things are cool! And, I love the line.
1000/10+PS!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
RXJ
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

SIGMAdelta

View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: December 30, 2007, 06:37:42 pm »

Very nice

9.5/10

Flame Flame
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: December 30, 2007, 07:14:47 pm »

I like the jugglers, but the bunny is kind of strange

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: December 30, 2007, 09:08:38 pm »

I've come because I've been trying to catch rory1984 to comment on her sig and how much I love the world background and the text! Well done!

After some thought about the discussion at hand...and since I can't keep my mouth shut about anything as those of you who know me, know...I wanted to just say that perhaps if you are commenting back to a person about something that they have left for you earlier, that you say something at the end of your post like *omit from rating* or *this post omit from rating* so that it doesn't get rated again if you're not intending for feedback.

Star I also like the idea of commenting about likes and dislikes of a sig. It would be a great place on the forum for people to get some good feedback (as long as they're open to it and it's done respectfully) so they could improve. I know many make their sigs and want that feedback.

Star Perhaps we could also open the comments up to anyone's on the page or anyone's sig in general? I have made comments about more than one person's sig in the past and didn't know if that was acceptable or not?

Star And finally, (last thing I promise) perhaps if we got away from the *pretty stick*'ing with each comment, that would make the thread more of a feedback friendly thread?? Maybe give a PS only once for the person's new sig and that's all? I see what people have been noticing about those coming around and giving PS for a sig several times. (I may have been guilty of doing so in the past...not gonna say I've never done something) Just another idea??

Not saying I'm the forum goodie-goodie or perfect poster...just my Two Cents

I think the discussion on this topic has been good. And with any discussion, respect is always a must! Wink

*omit from rating*
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:11:12 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 674
  Print  

Jump to: