GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 11:09:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.01 - Ballrooms and Biscotti  (Read 44577 times)
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 04:21:09 pm »

LORELAI: Vos odeurs de chat.

LUKE: What's that?

LORELAI: Your cat smells.

Did anyone else think that line deserves a really big "dirty" or is it just my mind in the gutter?  Undecided

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 01:37:26 pm »

i thought it was pretty appropriate how the episode starts off with a shot of babette's yard gnomes. it was appropriate in that quirky, only in stars hollow kind of way.

i think jackson summed up the secret to life in this episode when he said
 "If it's good enough for Rick and Dick, it's good enough for me."

emily is so jealous of lorelai and rory's relationship, it's ridiculous. she practically held rory captive because she KNEW lorelai would come for her and that she could then pick a fight and make a huge dramatic scene out of what was supposed to be just another Friday Night Dinner. BOO EMILY. Bad Mom Award.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 06:06:17 pm »

I just saw this today on ABC Family.  Luke at Taylor's store... priceless.  That pic of Rory with that lame crown and poster Taylor made... yikes!  I can see why Rory is upset. 
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 06:01:37 pm »

I've loved this epsiode!  Everytime I watch it its soooo funny!  Grin

-The whole Ice Cream Queen thiing
- We forgot Luke!
- Kirk (at the end): Strong wind.  Cheesy

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 11:55:21 am »

It was so funny when luke and talyor started fighting in the candy shop!!! LOL!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Corey_Gilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Watch out for that spork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 11:41:03 am »

Is it me or are all the lights on when the girls first arrive back home?

lol still a real funny ep  Smiley Smiley

If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there on the next train

Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 05:50:56 pm »

I always like to see this episode.  It has so many good scenes in it.  I really like when Lorelai and Luke are loading up the truck with Rory's things to take to Yale and Luke is telling Lorelai what happened on the cruise with Nicole.  I also like when Lorelai and Sookie go to the storage shed so Sookie can tell Lorelai that she is having a boy.  "So, you going to name him Lorelai?"  Cheesy  Unfortunately it has another one of my many scenes where I really hate Emily.  When she deliberately keeps Rory there when she knows that it is her last night at home.  Of course, I also get mad and yell at the TV 'just explaine what happened and that Lorelai is out buying all of the stuff that they thought they had another week to get.  Even I am sure that Emily would have understood.  Geezz, just explaine things.  But then, if they did, there wouldn't be a show. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 06:39:19 am »

It does have good scenes, I love it when they settle down with their biscotti and dish over ballroom dancing after Emily falls asleep. They can have fun anywhere. XD Though I guess they had a lot of practice having together time in awkward locations while discovering the magic of hostelry.

I thought it was a little weird that Luke and Kirk were left off the gift list together. Comparing them and their respective relationships to Lorelai is one of my favorite brainteasers, so I wonder what that sort of thing means. Kirk is just as taken with Lorelai as Luke is, maybe his noisy sense of rejection is a visual aid to the things taciturn Luke would never say.

P.S. I love your Guys and Dolls sig, cheri, isn't she gorgeous as a blond?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:40:45 am by lessa » Logged

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 10:51:27 pm »

I love that this episode begins with the Gilmore Girls returning to Stars Hollow. Babbette was sweet to worry about them and call whoever she called. If i went missing, i would want someone like her around.  Wink

Rory: "My mom touched the Pope."
Lorelai" "no, actually. I just touched his car"

I cannot believe Lorelai didn't bring a gift for Luke. What was she thinking? He should have been number one on her list. He's the one who's been keeping her alive all these years.

I love when Luke threw his bomb on Lorelai. I got engaged, married, divorced. Wow! Not exactly a thing you hear everyday. I like how Lorelai tried to cheer him up "at least now you will silence the voices. You know? A single man? From a certain age? Living alone?" and "hey, i always defended you. I said hey so what if he is."  Cheesy

Emily was so true to herself when she held Rory hostage. She was annoyed that Lorelai wasn't there even though Rory made the deal by herself but Emily expected her to come. I think Emily is more interested in having Lorelai in her life. Her biggest fear is not having Lorelai in her life.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 03:53:25 pm »

why didn't Rory just tell Emily that Lorelai had to run errands, prepping for her trip to Yale.

And the date mix up, all that drama could've been avoided.

Then it wouldn't have been a TRUE GG episode. Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: