GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 07:22:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.02 - The Lorelais' First Day at Yail  (Read 65127 times)
yalegirl23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2007, 05:48:35 am »

it was so funny when rory had to go to diner by her self lol Grin

sweetie
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2007, 06:31:50 am »

I have to add that it's very annoying that Yale is spelled wrong in the thread title; it can't be that hard to fix for the right person, can it? Everyone misspells a word now and then, no biggie, but...

Anyway, I really like this episode, but some things bug me. Although its cool and fun when Lorelai buys all that food for the girls, its pretty over the top. Isn't she on kinda a tight budget now with just starting the Dragonfly project?? Where did she get like $500 to blow on making sure everybody liked Rory?

And although the banter about bringing the mattress was amusing, I can't believe that Lorelai couldn't find anywhere to stash a twin sized mattress in that big house of hers, or she couldn't come up with something to do with it, I've already thought of like 7 options...it got kind of annoying.

I love Paris here; she never disappoints. And its so funny when Tanna is talking about her adoptive parents and says, "they make an excellent first impression." for some reason, that kills me.

You said everything that I wanted to say down to a T. I mean everything.. when I was first reading you rpost I had to go back and check to see if I was the one who posted it Smiley

*pretty stick!*

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

pink7224
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2007, 09:25:12 pm »

Howling never looked so fun... Shocked
i kno it is so funny i love it
JessMoo14
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2007, 09:56:47 pm »

COPPERBOOM!!!
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2007, 04:10:23 pm »

love that word copperboom!
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2008, 03:45:39 pm »

COOPERBOOM!!!!

I loved this episode.  The thing with the truck and mattress is really funny.  Luke meeting those lawyers and asking for those 3 hours of torture from the glass performer.  Classic Luke including that look with Tess about the mattress.

Lorelei holding a party so Rory wouldn't have to feel so lonely.  Tana was odd, yo that girl played Cindy Brady in those Brady Bunch movies.  They sucked. 

The return of Paris Gellar!  Yay!!!  I loved the life coach she had where she was like... calm Paris but there's still a bit of Nuke Paris in there.  The craft corner and "I accept" is hilarious.  Kinda feel sad for Lorelei in that last scene.  No Rory, now she's in Yale.  Aww...   Sad
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2008, 10:17:21 am »

Copperboom!

Cheesy

I loved this episode!

Luke: We've been here before
Lorelai: I recognize that tree

and I love paris with her coach and GOD The howling thing was FUNNY.  Grin

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
stacyface
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2008, 08:00:34 pm »

I thought Paris would be off the show after they graduated from Chilton but i am soooo glad they kept her on. She adds so much! How perfect that the most uptight person on the planet has a life coach to find her inner peace.

I also thought it was cute the way Luke puts up with Lorelai. I do not think he would take all that from just anyone but for Lorelai and Rory he is always there.

Lorelai taking all those pictures of Rory reminded me of Emily when she wanted to take pictures of Rory in "Rory's Dance". Emily drove Lorelai crazy with the picture taking and now Lorelai drove Rory crazy.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:49:18 pm by stacyface » Logged

Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2008, 06:11:14 pm »

Omg!!! I thought that this episode was so cute. I loved how Rory wanted her mom that just goes to show that no matter how old you are you still want your mommy. I am just like that, the first day I went to my sleepaway camp last year I got upset and my mom drove back and stayed as late as she could and this episode reminds me of that! I think that it is nice that Lorelai stayed with her the whole night, and showed rory that college was going to be okay.
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2008, 06:13:43 pm »

O my gus i totally forgot that this episode is the birth of copperboom i can't belive i forgot but that is just about my favorite part so...COPPERBOOM
gg crazy
Diner Chef

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2008, 01:50:06 pm »

the birth of cooperboom, the best moment of gg. i love this episode!!!!!! Cheesy

tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2008, 02:16:44 pm »

MY FAVORITE EPISODE!!!! Iv watched it lik a million times!!!!

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:14 am »

When did I become a product girl? It used to be simple, just a dab of lip gloss, some Coppertone and boom. XD

I was watching some season one epis and I actually asked myself the same question - of Rory, obviously, 'cause I still remember the day I went from the natural look to mousse-and-blow-dry chic.  But I can't help thinking how much more perverse her my mommy rant would have been if she were still the surly, sarcastic teenager from Beginnings (1.01.)

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2009, 01:54:37 pm »

I love the part where Rory text Lorelai to come back to Yale then hugs her tight. It reminds me of the hug she gave her when she finished her fist day at Chilton. Lorelai was pretty cool when she ordered the food and invited the students over. She was trying to make sure Rory has some friends. It was very motherly and sweet.

I also love the new Paris! I keep laughing every time i see the scene where she hugs Lorelai. I think it's funny that Paris didn't go to Princeton because she didn't want to seem dependent but she goes to Yale to be with Rory. She is so sheltered like Rory. And i am so in love with her life coach! He is funny!  Cheesy

Luke barged in the fifth season to Chris about how he helped Rory move her whatever into and out of the dorm but the truth is he ranted the whole time. In fact the only reason he tagged along is because he was afraid Lorelai would wreck his truck.  Tongue

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2009, 06:11:48 pm »

This is one of my favorite episodes on any season. I love how the closeness of the two, Rory and Lorelai, shines through even more powerful. Though, I would have thought it would be fun to have a 3 generation party, if Lorelai, Rory, and Emily could have had a fun night together. I understand Lorelai wanting to spend the last night with her daughter, she's not going to see her as much and will miss her for sure. However, she's not going to school that far away from Stars Hallow. And Emily can be tolerable at times. It's just too bad that they couldn't have had a nice evening together. And had Lorelai come, Emily may not have kept Rory there so long.

I too love it when Paris comes to Yale! She's larger than life, even more now. She's a great character that I think gets over looked a lot. I love her life coach as well, but wonder where he goes - it's like he's there and then gone. Maybe he was just helping Paris settle in and then went back to where ever he came from. (That sounded bad, didn't mean it like that)

I think that Luke/Lorelai's friendship and the power of him doing whatever he can to help Lorelai (and Rory) is evident in most every episode but in this one again with the mattress. It was funny when Luke brings it into Rory's dorm because the girl was eyeing him down and he had to do something. ha!

I don't know how many girls would want their mom spending their first night at college with them, and don't know how many girls would think it to be cool. I don't know how many other girls would think it to be cool either. Not something I had thought of when I wasn't so sure about being in college the first night away from home. I was nervous and it was a new experience, that's what college is. Don't know that my mom would be down for spending the night with me either. ha! It was a great party they ended up throwing though and what fun!

I love how they get to Yale and then realize that they didn't think of so many things that Lorelai has to now go back and get for Rory. Some of things are basic like a waste basket but other things are just funny. I remember having to buy many things after the first few days down at school, and each trip home I brought something else back down with me. I'm sure Rory probably brought more back to Yale from hom too.

The comment from the girl behind Rory while they're on their tour is funny too "do you think there's going to be a test?" It took Rory a second to get it. But that's so me, I'd be taking notes on things I totally don't need to but just feel that I have to for some reason. Her student ID picture was great! Smiley Thank goodness for the girl's plan to get a re-do later on.

So many great scenes in this episode! The rating game of the delivery boy, the 'Lorelai'ed it' comments, and was this the episode with Naked Guy? Tongue

This is a turning point for Rory - her sheltered life is so apparent when she goes off to Yale, but she does some growing which I love to watch. That's evident in a few episodes when the stress really starts to get high.

A great episode! I really like season four and am so surprised as to how fast we made it this far! Looking forward to next week! Smiley Some great moments happen in that episode as well.

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: