GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 20, 2021, 11:47:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.02 - The Lorelais' First Day at Yail  (Read 65176 times)
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2009, 04:26:14 pm »

I like the parallel between Rory & Paris in this episode and its a great point, Sidney, that Paris was being dependent in a roundabout way by going to Yale.  Rory needs her mom like Paris needs Terrance to get settled in the first big day.  Lorelai took it a little further throwing a party for the whole floor but the end result was the same in helping them both to feel as comfortable as possible in their new environment.  I love the moment at the end when Rory confirms to the other girls which is the best coffee place thanks to Lorelai.  Its a sign that not only will she be okay on her own but that Lorelai can be there for her even when shes not physically there. 
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2009, 09:06:00 pm »

I like the parallel between Rory & Paris in this episode and its a great point, Sidney, that Paris was being dependent in a roundabout way by going to Yale.  Rory needs her mom like Paris needs Terrance to get settled in the first big day.  Lorelai took it a little further throwing a party for the whole floor but the end result was the same in helping them both to feel as comfortable as possible in their new environment.  I love the moment at the end when Rory confirms to the other girls which is the best coffee place thanks to Lorelai.  Its a sign that not only will she be okay on her own but that Lorelai can be there for her even when shes not physically there. 

I like what you said that Lorelai can be there for her even when shes not physically there. It's true. Talking about Lorelai being there, I don't really think of Lorelai as someone who get along well with new environments. Change is not her thing so it's impressive how she made Rory's new environment comfortable for Rory.
It's funny that Lorelai was doing food testing. To her good coffee and good fast food are the basics to survival! Rory had some sense not to tell the other girls that Lorelai is her mom. I can only imagine how they would react is she did tell them.  Sad
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:07:41 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2009, 10:18:07 pm »

You can tell that Rory isn't a big fan of change either but she tries to go with it. She's so appreciative of Lane being there with her, bringing Stars Hallow to Yale, in a later episode. I like the points you both brought about. I think that some girls would think it was totally cool that Rory had such a hip and cool mom. Others, not so much. I love Tonya and her statistics that she learns particular to a certain person. The four characters that they have put together in Rory's suite all bring something different to the table. And they all help each other work on evolving as an individual.

I had to chuckle when I saw the title of this thread again..."Yail" Tongue

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2009, 04:43:24 pm »

great episode, Tanna is quite interesting.

can't wait to see how long Paris's craft corner lasts,lol!

now I will find myself rating delivery guys when i order take out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: