GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 02, 2021, 11:48:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai & Rory Discussion  (Read 78257 times)
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2007, 07:32:41 pm »

She would have preferred going home to Star's Hollow and schlumping around while Lorelai showed sympathy. That would have been ideal from her point of view. In fact, that's pretty much how she presented it to Lorelai: I'm dropping out, need time to figure things out, and of course i'll do this in our house in Star's Hollow. She had not yet gone to E & R, but i suppose in the back of her mind she might have taken it for granted that she had them as a fall-back. It would have been interesting to see where she turned next if E & R did not offer their pool house to her. I suppose Logan would have been next on her list; although he wasn't comfortable with her drop-out either, he probably would have helped her out. About E & R's house not being a home, she was quite comfy-womfy there for many episodes in season 6. I thought it was bad form when she had the big fall-out with E & R and left abruptly without so much as a thank you note.

I personally do not think she would be more comfortable living in S.H. at that time. I am sure she would have felt like a loser more than she already had. Her small town wiould spend so much time talking about her, maybe even Taylor will discuss the matter in the town meeting. Wink Rory so much cares about what people think so that wouldn't be ideal for her.

Her relationship with her grandparents began to fall apart when she moved into the house instead of the pool-house. She couldn't even talk to Logan or Jess but in whispering. She began to have her fights with her grandmother, acting like Lorelai.

But since you mention it, I think her grandparents had every right to get mad at her. Leaving without a note was so rude and insensitive. Maybe she was trying to re-act the Lorelai scene running away from home.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 07:47:08 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2007, 07:54:54 pm »

She would have preferred going home to Star's Hollow and schlumping around while Lorelai showed sympathy. That would have been ideal from her point of view.
I personally do not think she would be more comfortable living in S.H. at that time. I am sure she would have felt like a loser more than she already had. Her small town wiould spend so much time talking about her, maybe even Taylor will discuss the matter in the town meeting. Wink Rory so much cares about what people think so that wouldn't be ideal for her.
Not that she was thinking clearly at all, but her initial idea was to live in S.H.. She did not expect Lorelai to ban her from the house. So, whether it would have been comfortable for her or not and became the subject of gossip, she was all set to do it.  

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: