GilmoreGirls.org Forum
August 02, 2021, 02:21:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.03 - The Hobbit, The Sofa, and Digger Stiles  (Read 25750 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 07:13:46 pm »

Summary: Rory (Alexis Bledel) is shocked to discover that Emily (Kelly Bishop) has completely redecorated her dorm room without her permission. At her first Yale party, Rory finds herself trapped by twins who were instructed by Emily to find Rory and look after her. Meanwhile, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) take a job catering a kids' "Lord of the Rings" birthday party to make ends meet while their new inn is under construction. Finally, Richard (Edward Herrmann) announces that he is taking on a new business partner named Digger Stiles (guest star Chris Eigeman), who is the son of Richard's former business partner.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
gg_lover!
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 09:32:04 am »

:Smiley  i love this episode! yeah..... ok....
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:27:31 am »

I like this eposide! I think it is soo funny how Sookie is making all this food for the adults at the party but no kid food! It is sad when she breaks down and thinks she is not going to be a good mother though!! Then with the whole twins following Rory around everywhere! That would get on my nerves!! This is also where we first meet Jason! Humm............hated him from the start!!!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
GGFan13
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Java Junkies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 07:37:11 pm »

This episode is soo funny I loved it. A little to left that is the only trick he knows well he can turn around.(Sirus Jason's dog) so funny. i couldn't stop laughing

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dfre333g
!!!!Everybody Please sign to help have the show picked up for a season 8!!!
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 06:22:46 pm »

I liked when Lorelai was like "LOVE kids, LOVE" at the party. "This room smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5" haha!good part!   Jason got introduced... Sad

August 6th! 
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 04:59:46 pm »

This was a pretty cool episode. Sookie cracked me up.."Why is she making that face?? Is she sick?? Lorelai look at her face." HA.

Jason looked alot better in this episode then he did when Lorelai//him started dating. He looked thinner//and he didnt have the beard.

I would love if my grandmother came in && furnished my suite!! i thought it looked really good.

I thought it was pretty funny when Paris called Lorelai.

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
totalggfan84
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 12:24:23 pm »

That was funny how Sookie didn't think she was ready for the baby. She made some sort of green macoroni and cheese. EWW.

I absolutely loved the Lord of the Rings party. I want a party like that.

We get to meet Marty "naked guy" in this episode.

I agree that Jason did look a lot better in this episode. No beard or anything.

^Sig made by the awesome lukesgirl!^
Hi my name is Rachel (Angela is my TJS).
~Literati, Java Junkie~
Obsessed with Harry Potter and Twilight!
CeliaGilmore
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 11:43:45 pm »

This is my favorite episode from the 4th season.  I didn't love anything in particular, I just thought the dialogue was particularly good and the storylines were interesting.  I did actually like when Lorelai was teasing Rory about getting to class early and then when she gets there she's the first one.
Stars-n-Moons

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 05:16:42 am »

The dialogue in this eposide was really good.  I really liked everything about this eposide. I don't know why, but Digger cracks me up and I love the flirting between Loerlai and him.  I think that even thought Emily redecorated Rory's room behind her back, if I were Rory I would have been a little more greatful, because I mean, thats just how Emily is and all of that stuff must have costed her a fortune.  She could have been a little more greatful in my opinion.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 06:57:32 pm »

I love this episode name, and I am also partial to the entire episode, being a Tolkien fan and all.

Also, in this episode, Lane goes "my parents." I'm intrigued.

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
Carmicone
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 09:40:51 am »

I love this episode, there are so many funny quotes, like when Sookie is explaining how she prepared the Brie, and Lorelai tells her:
"- Sookie, you did make food for the kids right?
- Of course I did!
- For these kids, not the Romanov kids" LOL  Grin
Or when the little girl tells her that the other kids say that only the boy hobbits can go to mount Doom, and Lorelai responds her:
"In the movie only the boy hobbits go to Mount Doom, but girl hobbits do a much more fangerous thing, have you heard about a brazilian bikini wax?" That was so funny, and the kid didn't even understood it (which was good I think).
Great episode, the twins were so annoying! But really funny, and Marty naked on the floor!!
I really love this episode, pure Gilmore

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 11:54:34 am »

In general...just wonderful.  I really can't pinpoint it, it's just there. 

Marty...way in the beginning.  It's so weird to see him then as to now.

I think that what Emily did was nice, but like usual, way over the top.

Was Luke in this one at all?  I don't remember seeing him.

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
HBW
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 06:16:45 am »

Tanna:  "Is the fireplace new?"  Rory: "Let's take a tour."  Very funny.  Tanna's character is a classic Gilmore Girls quirk.  Paris:  "This year is going to be different."  Ha, famous last words.

Lord of the Rings party.  Wow I thought the parents around here went overboard on birthday parties.  You knew there would be no kid food. Sookie melting down, that was very funny "I want it out, get it out!"  I remember that feeling.   

Great Episode.

0gracefulgirl0
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 10:16:55 am »

I love how Sookie makes a ton of food for the adults and like none for the kids.  It kind of ironic and that makes it all the more funny!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 06:45:06 pm »

I rewatched this yesterday...some thoughts:  I love when Lorelai is talking to the little girl at the LOTR party who is upset when she says "Girls get to go on adventures too?" and Lorelai encourages her with, "And we get to do in heels!"  Cheesy

And although Rory does have an initial point about the furniture, I think she overreacts about it, and I can't believe its Lorelai that talks her down...

And again, its admirable that Jason wants to be honest and upfront about their relationship, but Lorelai always has to be secretive and distrustful and is really adamant about not telling her parents about them- that bothers me, and of course we know, leads to quite a mess... and let me just say that I don't think Jason is a terrible match for her, even though from her world, he's neurotic and quirky, it could've worked in other circumstances... but he's so emotionally unavailable it seemed, or at least ASP never showed us that side of him really- he would've never 'gotten her' like Luke ??

All in all, this is a very enjoyable episode!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: