4.05 - The Fundamental Things Apply
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 09:32:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 4
| | |-+  4.05 - The Fundamental Things Apply
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: 4.05 - The Fundamental Things Apply  (Read 32036 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 07:12:18 pm »

Summary: Rory (Alexis Bledel) goes on her first date since breaking up with Jess and finds that college dating is not going to be easy. Lorelai (Lauren Graham) invites Luke (Scott Patterson) over for the traditional movie night she used to share with Rory. Meanwhile, Lorelai freaks out when she learns that the designer she just hired for the Dragonfly Inn used to work for Emily (Kelly Bishop).

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 10:25:38 pm »

This is a great episode. I love the beginning with Lorelai gardening. lol. And I love the whole scene of Luke and Lorelai's movie night and Luke never seeing the FBI warning before. "You're beyond monk. You're uber monk." haha.

dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 06:42:08 pm »

I thought it was so funny when Lorelai filiped out that her desiner used to work for her mother I love what she tells her to " It's not that we don't like you because we do it's just that you know my mother."

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:21:43 am »

I thought the whole thing with Rory dating was funny!! Then she calls Lorelai while her and Luke are having that movie night. Oh, and Luke never seeing the FBI warning before!! That was funny!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
laya-05
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

There was a moment.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 12:43:24 pm »

hah, i agree. fantastic episode.

my favorite part had to be when luke and lorelai were talking about dating and how it's the only way to overcome the singleness. Luke says something about how he can tell if he's good with someone if he gets that immediate comfort feeling in his gut. He had it with Nicole; he had it with rachel.

and then, he falls asleep on the couch. And when Rory comes home, she comments on how he looks comfortable. I think at that point Lorelai gave a little appreciative, happy nod.

Hah..i don't know. i just thought that was a cute part.

Now that I've worn out, I've worn out the world
I'm on my knees in fascination
Looking through the night
And the moon's never seen me before,
But I'm reflecting light

---

Hit me with a season 8, baby.
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 06:18:50 pm »

hah, i agree. fantastic episode.

my favorite part had to be when luke and lorelai were talking about dating and how it's the only way to overcome the singleness. Luke says something about how he can tell if he's good with someone if he gets that immediate comfort feeling in his gut. He had it with Nicole; he had it with rachel.

and then, he falls asleep on the couch. And when Rory comes home, she comments on how he looks comfortable. I think at that point Lorelai gave a little appreciative, happy nod.

Hah..i don't know. i just thought that was a cute part.

I agree that was a really cute part. It's weird how everytime Lorelai ever invites Luke over he always has that look on his face, like when she asked him to movie night and when she was looking for Stella and she needed his help to look for it. Cute though!

August 6th! 
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:09:44 pm »

I thought this was a really funny episode. Especially the roommate meeting.

I've always wondered..you know how Paris raced Janet. well..she said if she lost that she would move the crafts corner?? well..the crafts corner doesnt move. sOo does that mean she won??

Tanna:: Now they're gonna have a nice musk. HA.

I cant believe Rory talked about Urine Mints. wow..and what about when he asked if she had siblings?? she kinda does..GiGi.

I thought it was hillarious that Luke didnt know about the FBI warning. Uber monk.

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:29:47 pm »

hehe, i think the urine mints was by far the best part. especially when Lorelai says that's she's been eating them for years. and for some reason i can help but laugh at Lukes reaction when she asks if he knew about them.  Cheesy
and can't forget.. "now Luke, the train is not going to leave the screen." LOL
i'm sitting here cracking myself up.. Wink

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Bobo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 01:45:54 am »

This was a good episode i have to agree, especially liked when Luke slept on the couch, it must have felt like home and Rory agreed with me.
And yeah the urine mints remark was the funniest part Grin

The will of God will never lead you to where his grace won't keep you.
Potterxxx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 50

My new obssesion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 07:58:25 am »

this is one of my favorite eps in the fourth season. i love rorys date and love love love lorelai and lukes movie night. The whole no talking no going to the bathroom t hing was soo funny!

**~Nora~**
G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 08:00:46 am »

i thought that when lorelai invited luke to movie night that was so cuuuute....and how slept on the couch.....everybody does that even when lorelai was with max.he was in 1 of their movie night and he also slept on the couch...am tellin ya...there's something about that couch..... Shocked

Stars-n-Moons

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 05:24:04 am »

I loved movie night and all of the rules regarding movie night- kinda similar to Gilmore Night in my house.  (No talking during a new episode, you may only talk during re-runs, ect.)

Poor Rory.  That date did go really bad though! It was partly Rory's fault.  The guy was nice and was trying to make good conversation, but Rory was kinda acting weird.  She wasn't her self.  And the laundry room guy...poor Rory!

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
GG602

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 02:29:18 pm »

I'm sure many of you know there was a MAD TV skit poking fun at Gilmore Girls about three years ago. The opening scene of this episode is what they based the skit on, and I was watcing it today in ABC Family, I actually thought it was pretty funny that they used this scene to mock.  Like the part where L and R lay in the grass on their backs.  Great show, but it can be extemely mockable sometimes. 

Anyway, I love this episode.  AI like all of the different small storylines that tie into bigger arcs. 

I would give you a proper hug, but my pockets are full of Applejacks.
MaRcOPoLoxxx
Town Resident

Community Points: 34

*Java Junkies*

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 06:52:58 pm »

i like this episode i love the part where lors like a when movies were just made like 100 years ago ppl were so afraid that the train was gonna jump outta the screen and run them over so they ran, now luke the train is not gonna pop outta the screen and i love the fact she cant even follow her own rules by staying off the phone

thanks lukesgirl for the awesome siggy

*Literati*
*Java Junkie*
*Religous Rebelions*
DownWithChris11
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

"Quick Bob, get the kids into the minivan!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 04:49:05 am »

Great episode. I swear, once I put two and two together and then saw Chris coming down the hallway, I very verbally yelled at the screen, "Oh, no! Ohhh,no!" Like 3 times.  Grin

"No Windows!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: