GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 05, 2020, 03:36:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.11 - In the Clamor and the Clangor  (Read 26795 times)
HBW
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 07:08:28 am »

I just watched this episode for the first time.  I loved it.  So much happened.  First of all the funeral was a riot.  "Oh my God, we're the Witches of Eastwick."    And Patty's "first kiss."  I was cracking up. 

The reason Rory thought it was her that William was talking about was because she asked him out in the laundry room and the anecdote that her friend mentions happened in the laundry room.  I can understand that Rory would think that not everyone goes around asking people out while they are doing laundry.  Anyway it was very funny that she's confronting this guy in the dining hall because she's embarrassed that he's talking about her, when obviously everybody will be talking about her after the little scene.  I found that funny.

Poor Lane, Poor Mrs. Kim.  It was great that Lane finally confronted the stifling atmosphere, but so sad that she hurt her mother so badly.  When Mrs. Kim is telling Luke that Lane won't be in and then she realizes that Lane talks to everyone but her wow as a mom, I really feel for her.  On the other hand she did really make life very confining for Lane.  When Mrs. Kim says "did I make you do this"  Lanes answer really should have been yes.  But Lane should also have realized that she couldn't live in her mothers' home free of charge and run her life just the way she wanted to.  Especially when what Lane wants doesn't even exist in Mrs. Kim's world.  Anyway really sad, moving, but important story line. 

Now on to Luke and Lorelai.  Wow, big stuff happening there.  Lorelai being shocked and hurt that Luke didn't tell her he had moved was a surprise to all including Luke and Lorelai.  The Luke shoveling Lorelai's walk, but he was still mad.  The reason he was mad was because he's carried a torch for Lorelai all these years (even if he doesn't realize it) and now when he's making an effort to go past that and make a life with a nice woman Lorelai is acting like he can't do that with her permission.  He's mad at himself as much as he's mad at Lorelai.

Lorelai was definitely surprised that she doesn't want Luke to move away from Stars Hollows.  I don't think she could have answered Luke about why she didn't want him to move even if the Reverend hadn't come in.  She needed to think it all through herself.

I loved that Lorelai and Luke were going to break the bells together, then Luke slyly admitting that he was the one that broke the bells in the first place.  "Carry on!"  Did anyone notice the signs in Doose's Market"  Aspirin, Earplugs, etc.  funny.

Wow great epsiode.
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 07:50:03 am »

I absolutely love this episode. This is the first real jealousy we've seen from Lorelai.. which really let us all know that something was finally going to happen between L/L.... a budding relationship.

I also love how passionate Lane is in this episode. Her demanding that they play really showed her drive and for me, it was the first time I considered Lane a strong character on the show. Prior to this, she was just the feeble sidekick to me.

I love this episode!!!!!!!!!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Pee_Wee123
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 08:18:56 pm »

This is one of my fav episodes. I loved it when Mrs. Kim asked lane, how long, all of this? and lane replied i started this when i was six. The day you told me the cookie monster was one of the seven deadly sins. I thought that was really funny!
-Gllmore girl foreve
mtflover101
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 06:18:40 pm »

This is one of my favorite episodes Smiley I love all the Luke and Lorelai things. If the Reverend didn't come in then it would be so different. I would have loved to hear Lorelai's response. I don't know what it would have been tho. 'I don't want you to move Luke because you are apart of Rory's and I's life and I love you...' I don't know that's just my imagination. I was so surprised Luke was the one who broke them before. A little teenage rebel.

L/L R/J
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 03:16:17 pm »

This was definitely a great episode.

The Luke/Lorelei conflict over Luke moving showed her true feelings towards him.  I don't think she likes Nicole at all and felt Luke deserves better but doesn't know who should be with Luke.  I liked the scenes they had in this episode.

Rory being freaked out about some guy who made a supposed story about her.  Well, that turned out to be awkward. 

Poor Lane.  She and her band got to play CBGBs but ended up not playing at the last minute with Brian's parents in attendance.  And Gil worked so hard to get that gig.  Lane's life finally exposed by her own mother.  I would've expected Mrs. Kim to go nuts on her.  Yet, I feel sad for both of them.  Lane not wanting to lie to her and such.  The last image of Lane at Rory's dorm room with her luggage.  Sad...

The story about the bells was funny.  I loved that crane shot of the whole town stopping to hear those bells.  For Stan.  The opening funeral was funny. 
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 07:28:45 am »

Lorelai: What, they lock the door to a church, are they serious? What if I need to do something holy?
Luke: Like commit vandalism?

hehe!

Luke: You joined a gym?
Lorelai: Yeah.
Luke: When?
Lorelai: After I had Rory, to lose the pregnancy weight.
Luke: Did you go?
Lorelai: God, no. I was way too fat. [ unlocks the door] Ah, praise be to Him and all the little lambs that frolic the earth with their frankincense and myrrh and -
Luke: Would you get inside?
Lorelai: Okay.

Great Episode!!
So funny!!!!!! LOL Grin

iatmyhome
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 01:37:52 am »

Things can only get better for her, although the double life, Mrs. Kim thing was cool
forfun
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 07:19:55 pm »

i loved how luke and lorelai ruined the bells. it was so funny.
yes  me too they are great!

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:27 am »

Finally Lane stood up to her mom, it's about time.

Sadly it resulted in her being kicked out the house, Mama Kim wouldn't even meet her a 1/3 of the way. Cry

Lorelai's meltdown over Luke moving was quite infantile, but funny as hell.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: