Memorable/funny quotes from the Dinners with the Grandparents
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 02:24:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Memorable/funny quotes from the Dinners with the Grandparents
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Memorable/funny quotes from the Dinners with the Grandparents  (Read 2850 times)
LoveTheGilmorisms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2015, 11:07:02 pm »

The weekly Friday night dinners with the Gilmores are definitely one the greatest parts of the series... So, what are your most memorable and why? Even though it's a short one I love in season 4 "The Nanny and the Professor" (The historical society tour Lorelai: What"I don't have a ticket!?" Richard: "We are not actors!" "Now the old man's just baiting me!" Richard is on fire in this scene Grin

Also memorable is Rory's planned building at Yale. "Is this to scale!? Lorelai just going along with the whole thing is hilarious."Relax rory, remember when you wanted a personalised license plate? so much better" and then when Lorelai and Christopher team up High Five when he realizes his being set up with Linny. Emily is in fine form "It's almost like looking at a shampoo ad" "Lorelai, are you having some sort of breakdown?"Cheesy Nope, she's just being her usual hyper-active self.

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 03:13:30 pm »

I watched the Nanny and the professor recently and agree it is a great scene. I also like (around the same time in the storyline) when Digger gets himself an invite to dinner by implying he has a dirty foodtruck burger waiting for him and Emily is so desperate to stop him from staying that she commends the merits of a dirty burger Smiley

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
LoveTheGilmorisms
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:59:41 pm »

Yeah, I love the flirtatious bet they have going for Jason to befriend Emily & Lorelai's impressed look when he actually does it.

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:28 pm »

My favorite was the one where Emily convinced Lorelai that she'd had dinner with a Nazi in episode 1.05.

Read it!

LoveTheGilmorisms
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 10:37:11 pm »

That's a good one!  Cheesy

"No dear, that was a joke" I love it when Emily plays along with Lorelai's humor instead of giving her the standard reprimanding "Lorelai!"

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: