Katherine Heigl marries Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel in Jenny's Wedding"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 12:30:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Katherine Heigl marries Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel in Jenny's Wedding"
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Katherine Heigl marries Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel in Jenny's Wedding"  (Read 1857 times)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2015, 10:01:10 pm »

http://thefix.ninemsn.com.au//2015/07/03/07/31/katherine-heigl-marries-alexis-bledel-in-jennys-wedding

After a brief hiatus into TV drama, Katherine Heigl is back in the rom com game, this time to get hitched to Gilmore Girls star Alexis Bledel.

In the first trailer for Jenny's Wedding, Katherine's character Jenny proposes to Kitty (Alexis Bledel) who makes her fiancée come out as gay to her family before they can get hitched.

The problem is that Jenny's parents, played by Tom Wilkinson and Linda Emond, are ultra conservative and don't take well to the news their daughter is a lesbian. Watch the trailer above.

If we can ignore Alexis and Katherine's terrible chemistry in Jenny's Wedding, this may just be the movie to get Katherine back into the romantic comedy genre. After all, it's been seven years since she starred in 27 Dresses and Knocked Up.

Jenny's Wedding hits US cinemas this July. No Australian release dates have been set.

So I just watched the trailer and I don't think this 'news article' gives the movie a fair chance. The trailer is more about Jenny and her family than the relationship between Jenny and Kitty and I'm actually really keen to see this. I can ship Jitty! I do not love Alexis' hair though  Cheesy

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:01:06 pm »

That is such a strange pairing.
I love both these actresses, but I have to agree, I am not sure about their on-screen chemistry. We shall see.

It's nice to see this kind of movie though (even if i don't like the idea of 'making your fiancee come out to her parents'). i am getting bored of all the lesbian themed movies where one woman is straight and only upon meeting the other woman she realises she is interested in women - and there is always cheating, mainly on the straight woman's  husband.

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:20:34 pm »

It's nice to see this kind of movie though (even if i don't like the idea of 'making your fiancee come out to her parents'). i am getting bored of all the lesbian themed movies where one woman is straight and only upon meeting the other woman she realises she is interested in women - and there is always cheating, mainly on the straight woman's  husband.

It's not just that though, its also the idea that they have to be kooky/artisty women (Kasmima on Orphan Black, Nomi and partner on Sense8, half of the OITNB cast) so their is a refreshing element to the idea that an every day office worker can be a lesbian too. I work with a number of lesbian's and there is no 'gaydar' or obvious traits, they just have female partners. It will be interesting to see if this movie throws in any of that or keeps it simple.

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: