Scott Patterson at Oz-ComicCon
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 11:35:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Scott Patterson at Oz-ComicCon
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scott Patterson at Oz-ComicCon  (Read 1514 times)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2015, 04:33:42 pm »

Hello one and all,

I had the privilege of about five seconds of Scott Patterson's time yesterday and I tell you, it was well worth the wait! I literally had the time it took to take three steps towards him to make any kind of comment, pose, say thank you and leave. As I saw him standing there in a leather jacket, all semblance of composure evaded me and I made the fangirl comment that he looked so different without a flannel shirt on. As some of you know, I was too caught up in the moment to actually acknowledge that he replied, hehe. My sis says he said "Oh, its all good lil chicky". After we posed, she let rip with a "My mum is going to be so jealous" which probably mortified him, haha!!

And that was it, all over!!!

What did I want to say? Well as an ancient history student who heard he has an ancient artifact collection I really wanted to ask him about it but there wasn't time! Unfortunately his Q&A session happened whilst we were queuing for a photo with Jason Momoa so that was a huge missed opportunity. I will download his session when they put it online in a few days though. What I am aware of is the fact that he is one of the key people pushing for a GG reunion. He has a huge respect for the fans and feels that with shows like Full House getting a reboot it is time for Gilmore Girls to have a chance. Mass respect to him for being our advocate! I understand he is copping a lot of flack for it so I am putting it out there right now that we appreciate his efforts in our casue. We should sign him up to the Great8Mandate Smiley

As far as the rest of Oz-ComicCon went, we were up at 6.15am to get on a 7.26am train into the city, reached the city at 8.30am and were in just after opening at 9.00am. We hot-footed it straight to the photo queue for a 10.00am session with Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo, Conan the Barbarian, soon-to-be Aquaman). A lady came and announced that as he has a sore back he wouldnt be able to pick anyone up to which we all giggled about how we didn't realise that was an option. It was over in a flash, like Scott was 5 seconds, Jason was about 3!

We wandered about for a few hours then managed to get third row seats for Jason Momoa's Q&A in which Sian had the chance to ask a question. She wanted to ask him "Snog marry avoid, Cersei, Margery or Me" but it was deemed inappropriate so she asked his favourite and least favourite scenes from GOT and he reenacted his death scene for her. She is still fangirling over the photo and the fact that he spoke to her. She is also planning to attend next year in full costume Smiley haha!

We bought a few Pop! figurines and what not, had our photo session with Scott and finally got home at about 6.20pm absolutely exhausted but over the moon. 10/10 would do it again (and lucky for us, Oz-ComicCon does not have the stature and prestige that it does in the USA so with fewer names, cheaper tickets, much easier to get into! Caryn I take back what I said about it being sh*t, I was wrong.

Here are some pics for your patience Smiley

Thanks for visiting Smiley

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 69

Back and better than ever!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 02:16:44 pm »

Those are some amazing pics B! I love it, I wouldn't be able to smile that nice if I met Scott Patterson, I have this really stupid smile when I'm nervous/embarrassed lol. Sian is beautiful as well, btw!

I always figured Scott would be a really down to earth person to meet, and I appreciate that he is very vocal about his love of the show and supports the idea of a reboot. It's nice not just having fans like is trying so hard, but to have someone on the inside voicing the want, it's so important!

Bring on the great 8 mandate, revisited!!

Bs FAN CLUB!
Pri is my long lost sister!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 03:56:04 pm »

I agree, he is very vocal on a reboot, he is our inside man and he is incredibly devoted to getting us more GG to the point of copping flack for it. You should follow his social media, it gives some insight into just how down to earth he is.

Also, I was able to smile well because my focus was on not blinking or pulling ugly face in my only evidence that I met him, haha! it was do or die!

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: