Gilmore Girls Reunion
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:02:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Gilmore Girls Reunion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Reunion  (Read 12635 times)
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 03:04:07 am »

Actually, I do not yet have official employee Disneyland access since my position is temporary. I do still have an annual pass until I *hopefully* become a permanent. Right now I'm kind of at the bottom of the food chain because we in QA just test the game and make sure everything is working properly. If we find bugs in the game, we write up a little report and send it to development. This is an entirely new gig for me, but it has been great so far. I am having a lot of fun even though the hours are insane. I don't even know how I function now. Fortunately my coworkers are awesome and make it so much fun! It just sucks being like 1 of 3 girls, lol. Anyway, my shift just started. >.<

Alex, I have Disney stuffed animals on my bed!

Melissa, I have heard about that autograph thing but I'm not sure it if still exists. It might! Gotta confirm with Mulan. Wink

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2015, 03:29:44 am »

Gotta confirm with Mulan. Wink

I knew it  Shocked

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 05:45:37 am »

I knew it  Shocked

What she neglected to inform us was of her affair with Peter Pan.... Wink Nod

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
rorygilmoregirl93
Inn Manager

Community Points: 251

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2015, 01:28:12 pm »

Actually, I do not yet have official employee Disneyland access since my position is temporary. I do still have an annual pass until I *hopefully* become a permanent. Right now I'm kind of at the bottom of the food chain because we in QA just test the game and make sure everything is working properly. If we find bugs in the game, we write up a little report and send it to development. This is an entirely new gig for me, but it has been great so far. I am having a lot of fun even though the hours are insane. I don't even know how I function now. Fortunately my coworkers are awesome and make it so much fun! It just sucks being like 1 of 3 girls, lol. Anyway, my shift just started. >.<

Alex, I have Disney stuffed animals on my bed!

Melissa, I have heard about that autograph thing but I'm not sure it if still exists. It might! Gotta confirm with Mulan. Wink

Well  I hope it turns into something more! And when you get VIP access to Club 33 or the Dream Suite you know who to call up  Wink

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2015, 03:41:47 pm »

I knew it  Shocked

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Oh Melissa.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2015, 03:58:27 pm »

IM MEETING SCOTT PATTERSON ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Maybe I will ask him if he thinks Luke and Lorelai lived happily ever after Smiley

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2015, 08:45:29 pm »

IM MEETING SCOTT PATTERSON ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Maybe I will ask him if he thinks Luke and Lorelai lived happily ever after Smiley

Dare ya to KIsS Him!  Kiss

I knew it  Shocked

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Oh Melissa.
You didn't even deny it!?!?

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 08:56:04 pm »

Would you deny a relationship with Peter Pan? I hear he has mad swagger!

So today I am actually getting some work done in between checking out the board. Not real actual paid for work, just personal school work, haha!

I had to go out and buy a candle because he have a staff member who refuses to deodorise and his waft stays behind in any room he has been in. I'm getting worried people will think its me when he has been in my area. Its that real tangy BO smell  Lips Sealed I wonder how long it will be until OHS dictates I have to snuff my candle.

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2015, 08:58:53 pm »

You need to try some essential oils. You could diffuse them or simply put a drop of Lavendar or peppermint under you nose. Then at least you won't have to endure it. Gee!

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 09:02:50 pm »

I was thinking if my candle gets poo pooed I will get one of those electric essential oil burners. Its one thing for me not to be able to smell him but also that I dont want the stigma of being the stinky girl if people confuse the origin of the smell!

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2015, 11:52:47 am »

Febreze is a lifesaver.

talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 03:17:15 pm »

Ok..so let's answer B's questions.

What were you getting up to back in 2009?:
I was in my second year of University in the UK. Lots of parties, adventures, bit of studying. It was a great time and it seems soooo long ago now. I guess it is.

Who was your favourite GG character/actor back then?:
As you all know I quite liked Gigi. From the main cast my favourite was Lorelai. Don't get me wrong I liked Rory too, but what i loved about Lorelai was that she always knew what to say- her quick wit, and that she talked super fast. I talk super fast, but i wish i knew what to say in some situations.

Is that person still your favourite?:
Yes. However, from the guys Dean was my favourite, but now I am not so sure anymore. I think Luke has taken his place.

What still ties to you to the show/the boards these days?:
I really don't know why this show was so much better than all the others out there. However i know that the forum was just a great place to hang out and i made so many friends here and could spend hours on here at a time, especially during my last two years of high school.

If you could put two GG actors on a show together today who would it be at what would the premise of the show be?:
Tough question. Maybe Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn. Obviously it would be a comedy. she could play a shy girl and he would have to win her over - he would do all these crazy things to make her fall in love with her and would fail badly because of his clumsiness, but that would make her feel at ease and ultimately fall in love with him.

What was your favourite experience on the forum?:
So many things. All the great friendships I made. Secret Santa. The photo thread I created. Meeting Chiara who spent most of her time in the german thread, in real life, because we both live in the same city, coming back now and seeing my name in people's sigs and all the nice posts and feeling part of something special again...

Give us a quick catch up on your life:
Finished my bachelors - spent a year snowboarding for the British National Team - did a masters degree - returned to Austria and started a job in Human Resources. Been in that job for   
1 1/2 years now. Still love travelling and photography. No news whatsoever on my love life - very sad really. Pretty Town Spinster is all i can say to that.

What has happened in your life that you could never have expected back in your days on the forum?:
I mean a lot of amazing things have happened. I climbed mount Kilimanjaro. I joined a hot air balloon club and took part in a world record mass ascent with over 400 balloons in the air at the same time, I represented my country at European Cup level in snowboarding, i finished a masters degree even though i never thought academia was my thing...

What do you think the next five years will bring for you?:
No idea. I never try to think that far ahead, which also contradicts the fact that i hate spontaneity - or rather it scares me. I definitely won't be doing the same job i do now. i do like it, but i won't do it all my life. still searching for my true calling. In five years time i will have reached my thirtieth birthday, so that'll be a milestone. I might be back in England, who knows? Fingers crossed that I will be in a happy relationship by then. I sometimes wonder why all other people manage to find someone and i don't...*feeling a little sorry for myself*

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 04:07:39 pm »

Its cool to see how many of your achievements I remember from facebook Marlies Smiley I remember loving the hot air balloon record you did and right now I am jealous of your Ted involvement as I have become obsessed with watching the Ted talks on Netflix.

I also like your idea for a pairing up with Melissa and Sean, that would be awesome!!!!!!! They should definitely do it!

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 69

Back and better than ever!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2015, 05:04:34 pm »

I have had the same issue with a smelly man at work before too, B! I bought myself a nice but strong perfume so that I got a ton of compliments on smelling nice, and I could smell myself all day. No mistaking me for stinky!!

I will answer B's questions too, since I have yet to!

What were you getting up to back in 2009?:
In 2009 I would've been in my first year of college! I was fully enjoying the freedom and break from my parents, not to mention a new city and new boys! (Would you expect anything less?) I was about a year from meeting Brian, so there were a lot of parties, new friends and going out!

Who was your favourite GG character/actor back then?:
I always loved Jess. I have a thing for the broody men. But also Rory in earlier seasons, I felt a strong connection to her character, and basically wanted to have her life.

Is that person still your favourite?:
I think I'll always have that soft spot for Jess, but as I've matured I prefer the Luke type of brooding to Jess. And I'll always love Rory, but as the later seasons came I felt so upset with her decision making, I felt like I lost my connection to her. Alternatively, I feel more for later Lorelai than angrier early seasons Lorelai.

What still ties to you to the show/the boards these days?:
The show is still my favorite. It's the one I can re watch again and again and not get bored. It has staying power. As for the boards, the people definitely are what bring me back! My teenage self felt such a strong tie to many of you and you endured so much of my teenage angst. Plus I loved hearing from you all and keeping up with what you were doing. I like the idea of reconnecting to that! .

If you could put two GG actors on a show together today who would it be at what would the premise of the show be? :
I would love to see Lauren and Melissa do another show together, but with Lauren maybe in the best friend role to Melissa. Or have them play an odd couple type where Lauren constantly tries to be serious and professional but Melissa brings out the goofiness in her when they get into all kinds of hi jinx. Lol.

What was your favourite experience on the forum?:
Not to play favourites here, but sharing daily life with Chris and B on the SA thread was something I really looked forward to. Also, arguing the merits of Rory's boyfriends with everyone, and strongly arguing for Literati love. Lol. Being a spoiler junkie but hanging around the spree thread, and also voting in the OrG awards every year. Haha.

Give us a quick catch up on your life:
Nothing too exciting, besides growing up! I finished college, met a wonderful guy, got married. My mom and dad split up a month before my wedding, and my mom moved to the other side of the country. So, I've taken on the motherly role for my younger brother, especially now that he has a baby of his own! (At 17) I work in financials (short term loans) which I never would've expected given my hatred of math. Tongue I expect Brian and I will have a little one soon, though some days I worry that I haven't done enough and need to travel more and have some more experiences first!

What has happened in your life that you could never have expected back in your days on the forum?:
I definitely did not think I would be married! I always thought it would take me forever to find a man! I assumed I would go to University and become a teacher, and instead I turned down a scholarship and now I'm trying to figure out where my career is going. No regrets tho!

What do you think the next five years will bring for you?:
No idea. I have learned that most of my plans get derailed one way or another, so I don't expect things to go the way I plan. I imagine I will have a child at some point in that period. I hope Brian and I are stable and are not stuck in a rut, and that we have traveled a little more. I nee to see England at some point, so much of the history I love is there. Alas, travel is expensive!

I'm excited to see where everyone else is!  Smiley)

Bs FAN CLUB!
Pri is my long lost sister!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2015, 03:34:45 pm »

Wow, nice new digs Janich, you couldnt just make your user name "Janich"Huh Hehe! Took me a second to figure out who you were Smiley

Cody I loved reading that Smiley the SA thread is one of my faves too! We had so much fun in there!

Cant wait for the day you announce that you have a baby on board!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: