Gilmore Girls Reunion
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:54:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Gilmore Girls Reunion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Reunion  (Read 12603 times)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2015, 07:33:36 pm »

Fans assemble! I miss you lot, Facebook doesn't supply what we once had. In honour of the cast reunion I propose we have a week long reunion of our own! See you on the boards xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 69

Back and better than ever!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 08:18:56 pm »

B! I posted a little reunion message on our old South Africa board! Chris had best check in as well! I definitely think we should start a rewatching party (it's all on netflix, people!) and we should campaign for this reunion show/movie that's so often discussed!

Bs FAN CLUB!
Pri is my long lost sister!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 11:20:59 pm »

Apart from last week's reunion I realised on Thursday that they are airing it on free to air tv here again. I watched Rory graduate from Chiltern Smiley gave me the feels!

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:21:19 am »

The feels of reading new posts and seeing our original signatures as if it were all yesterday. Hearts

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 04:46:13 pm »

It all comes back hey Kami Smiley

So I thought I would pose a bit of a getting to re-know you quiz of sorts... Judging by the stats, things went quite about mid 2009 so that's six whole years of catching up!

What were you getting up to back in 2009?:
Who was your favourite GG character/actor back then?:
Is that person still your favourite?:
What still ties to you to the show/the boards these days?:
If you could put two GG actors on a show together today who would it be at what would the premise of the show be?
What was your favourite experience on the forum?:
Give us a quick catch up on your life:
What has happened in your life that you could never have expected back in your days on the forum?:
What do you think the next five years will bring for you?:

I will kick it off right now Smiley

What were you getting up to back in 2009?: I would say that Jason and I had just bought our first house and were in the process of moving in. I was still working at the resort in sales and marketing and our puppy Marli was about to turn one.

Who was your favourite GG character/actor back then?: Rory/Alexis was and still is my favourite. It makes me sad that she doesn't do a great deal of acting, but then I struggled watching her grow up and play characters such as she did in Mad Men and I cant stand Vincent Kartheiser (all the way back to The Hairy Bird/All I wanna do he has bugged me) so their relationship was a shock Smiley

Is that person still your favourite?: As above, she is still my favourite but I am a Supernatural fan so I get my Jared fix regularly.

What still ties to you to the show/the boards these days?: Well I am sentimental so I have popped in over the years and dropped a line or two amongst the tumbleweeds. I am also facebook friends with a number of you but it isn't the same!!!!!!! Has been very sweet to watch Mel's babies grow, Cody get married, Alexaya graduate college...!

If you could put two GG actors on a show together today who would it be at what would the premise of the show be? Why do I create hard questions like this??? As much as I love Alexis, I think it would be Lauren and Liza...maybe make them housemates in a NYC environment...

What was your favourite experience on the forum?: Just the friendships really Smiley and the stupid inside jokes we all had. Secret Santa was awesome though, still got my present from Kate!
Give us a quick catch up on your life: Lets see...I tried my hand at being a real estate agent but I quit in a blaze of glory as I wanted my soul back. Ended up working for my parents for 18 months (back where I was when I started coming here) before renting out our house (to tenants who trashed it but that's another story) moving an hour and a half away to the Yarra Valley. Got a job as a Receptionist in a disability service where I have met some of the most exceptional people of my life (including a girl who has become my 'twin' as we kept dressing the same by accident and then realised that we had friends in common that meant she used to sleep in my old bedroom!). Started going to Uni by distance and am studying a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Ancient History. Bought another house just over two years ago (we call it the crap shack, and have been renovating it ever since we bought it, haha). My Gran passed away late last year which was devastating to us all but I had one of her rings altered for my 30th bday present in Feb (yep, hit that milestone) and I wear it everyday so she is still with me always! Also earlier this year we added a new addition to the family in the form of another Cavoodle names Sophie and to top it all off, my 16 year old sister moved in with us to finish High School with some solid home work support and is driving us mental every day. I was recently diagnosed with Haemachromatosis which will be completely manageable through blood donations which have forced me to face my fear of needles as I have to donate monthly at the moment but the consolation is that they give me free food!

What has happened in your life that you could never have expected back in your days on the forum?: I went to Malaysia and volunteered with elephants for a day, had a baby elephant suck my thumb, got to bath them in the river. Was mind blowingly awesome as I loooove elephants. I met one f my favourite musicians last month (Sarah McLeod from The Superjesus who none of you will know, haha) and I became the mascot of the Victorian Strawberry Industry, I wear a strawberry costume and it is kind of embarrassing but hilarious at the same time. I became an ebook convert and never go anywhere without my kindle. Oh and I'm secretly trying my hand at a novel that will probably never ever get published so that's why it is secret but I trust you all to keep it that way, haha!

What do you think the next five years will bring for you?: I would like us to finish renovating our house, sell both properties and then move across to Tasmania on a large parcel of land with fruit trees and somewhat sustainable living. Hopefully Jason will come through with an engagement ring at some point in those five years as I am still waiting!!!!!!!!!!

I think that wraps up my position in life. Would love to hear from the rest of you!!!!!!!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 10:49:51 pm »

B, I love you for doing this! It's so exciting reading all that, I am glad things seem to be going well for you!

I miss you all so much! The ORG was such a huge part of my life, I never thought we'd fall away from it! I'm a sentimental fool so I do pop by a few times a year.. But this is a dream come true cause people are actually around a little! I'm going to give this thing a try..

I graduated high school in 2009. I was a whimsical, angsty, socially awkward, sometimes angry teenager in high school. I loved to come here to complain about the little things.

Lauren Graham/Lorelai all the way. Talk about a girl crush. I loved and looked up to the independence and the wit, that was everything I wanted to be.
Is that person still your favourite?: Absolutely!! Just started watching Parenthood all the way through and she is just so good!

What still ties to you to the show/the boards these days?: nostalgic fool here. You guys probably saved my life back then, I always had someone to talk to and that's so important. B is right! I've been able to keep in touch with many people and though we don't talk often, it's always great when your faces come across my Facebook. Nothing beats the ORG tho! Smiley

If you could put two GG actors on a show together today who would it be at what would the premise of the show be? This is such a good question but such a hard one.. Lauren Graham and Sean Gunn maybe... Or Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn.. Imagine that comedy! Maybe Milo and Jared? Something action filled and futuristic? This is so tough.

What was your favourite experience on the forum?: gosh I don't know! One time Mela and I started planning and writing a movie in the Lauren Graham thread starring all the characters of GG.. I think we planned for 3 movies in different orders and it was supposed to be sci-fi, futuristic type stuff that ended at the beginning without you actually knowing it was the beginning until the end... We didn't get really far but I remember I spent a lot of time day dreaming about it! But overall it was just being able to talk to everyone at any time, just always knowing people were there for me and cheering me on and forgiving me for my initial desire to star post all over the place.. I loved coming home from school and being able to talk about my day and you all listened so intently! You all rock!

Give us a quick catch up on your life: where to begin... I graduated from HS in 2009 and started college at Arizona State for nursing. Mini crisis when I didn't get in to nursing school initially so 3 1/2 years later I moved to Massachusetts where I spent the next 3 years finishing my degree. Absolutely amazing being able to spend 3 years there getting to know my family a little better, finally meeting the wonderful Rachel, getting the awesome city life! I lived with my grandparents (my moms parents) and was there to celebrate my grandmothers 100th birthday (dads side) before she passed away last fall. So I graduated in May, drove my car across country back to Arizona right in time for my sister to give birth to my very first nephew. I love being an aunt! I passed the NCLEX (nursing boards) in February and just started my first adult job as a nurse in May! It's been such a transition and so much hard work, I'm not sure I like adulting very much but I'm surviving! I've also been dating a guy I met a few years ago on a flight from Arizona to Massachusetts. He's pretty great but I'm a slight commitment-phobe so.. It was long-distance up until Janurary so it's been really nice to finally be back in the same spot as him! Fingers crossed guys.

What has happened in your life that you could never have expected back in your days on the forum?: moving to Massachusetts has always been a dream of mine that I never really thought I'd actually do. I also never thought if I did move there, I'd find a reason to move back to Arizona. But alas, I can't not live near my nephew.. I'm too obsessed.

What do you think the next five years will bring for you?: who knows.. Adulting is hard, I mentioned the commitment thing so I'm trying to keep an open mind.. I'd love to maybe try travel nursing part time and I'm also really in to volunteer work. I'd love to finally make my way over seas for some sort of medical mission. I'm just waiting for the right one!

I want ORG days back! Can't wait to see what others have to say!
Also, B, back then you were the age I am now.. Which is crazy to me cause Im not sure I ever knew how old you were but you seemed so much more mature and out together than I feel now! Maybe it's all perspective? There was a group of "older" ORGers who were my role models, who I came to for advice and what not. Hard to imagine I'd ever be able to mentor myself like you were able to!  Hearts

-Angela

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 11:40:39 am »

It feels so good to be back here again and finding new posts! I missed the org! It brought so much joy to me in the most unexpected time! Thank you, B for making that post and getting things stated a little bit.

What were you getting up to back in 2009? I was in law school, trying to figure out some life stuff with the help of a dear friend.
Who was your favorite GG character/actor back then?: Lorelai, Lauren Graham. I liked her sense of humor, sarcasm, strength and independence.
Is that person still your favorite?: Yes. I like all the characters. They are all endearing but Lorelai will probably always be my favorite.
What still ties to you to the show/the boards these days?: I met the love of my life on this forum. He actually pointed out to me that i joined the forum on this very day back in 2007, so i went online to take a look on our accounts and found the new posts on the reunion. Funny how time flies!
If you could put two GG actors on a show together today who would it be at what would the premise of the show be? I think Rory and Luke would be cool on a tv show, maybe a father and daughter premise or older siblings or neighbors.
What was your favorite experience on the forum?: I liked discussing the characters with the people on here and reading different views. Also, i remember we were into making some graphics for the different characters and that was fun.
What has happened in your life that you could never have expected back in your days on the forum?: Meeting my guy on this very forum! I definitely did not expect that! It's true, the best things happen to you when you're not looking and i am eternally thankful for that. It was a blast posting as friends and going from there. Also, i got my dream job and things seem to be going really well.
What do you think the next five years will bring for you?: I hope i will move away, maybe to a small town in Arizona and keep what i have in my relationship strong and maybe have a baby by then.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 04:15:24 pm »

This is awesome! I cant believe the forum has it's own true love story! That makes me all gushy! Haha! Now I am glad we are kicking some life back into somewhere that is so important to you two!

This is as important as the actual reunion because we were all important to each other and formed some pretty great connections. I forgot to add into my favourite experiences on the forum, meeting Caz (Honk) and Mr Funky Pants! It seems a lot of us actually met someone in person which is cool.

Ang maybe you and Mela need to submit your movie ideas to the powers that be now that they are getting the band back together  Wink the travel nursing idea sounds awesome too! I know someone who spent a year on a mercy ship docked somewhere in Africa and it changed her world!

Remember, if you have contact with anyone that may not know what we are doing (Sidney, I have been rounding people up on facebook to come back this week so stay tuned) bring them back! I'm especially keen to find out which lucky fella is your Mr Right!)

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:05 pm »

Ok, double post because noone will talk to me Sad snarkstick me biatches! Haha!

I just emailed Heidi, fingers crossed she still checks that email account and maybe we can get new passwords for those of you who have forgotten who you are!

Miss you all!!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 07:10:48 am »

I will answer the questions soon, but just wanted to stop in and say HI! And how awesome of an idea this is!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 05:47:38 pm »

So in my efforts to track down the elusive Heidi I came across this corker of a site.

http://luvgilmoregirls.proboards.com/thread/19/heidi-hatered

We have haters! And every one of them is an Admin or a Moderator over there, haha! With 86 members it never really got any traction! This forum still gets that many members daily!

Still haven't found her though Sad

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:50 pm »

I. Am. Literally. Dying. That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... It almost seems fake!

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 03:54:58 pm »

Its ridiculous isnt it! And that there is a turncoat moderator involved too! Haha!

I also tried to track Heidi via SamathaWho but that forum didn't have the staying power that we have had and is long gone. I find it hard to believe that she isn't passionately supporting a show somewhere though Smiley just which one!

I'm curious as to the types of shows everyone is watching these days so here is a bit of a list of what I am getting into:

Game of Thrones (I have always loved SciFan so I am one of the book reading obsessed. Have a major Sansa crush)
The Paradise and Mr Selfridge (These two cover my old timey love affair and set in department stores helps with my lust for fashion)
Covert Affairs (Though watching her run around in Louboutin's breaks my heart. I just bought some top quality knock offs and I wont even be running in them!!)
Pretty Little Liars (Closest I can get to privileged American suburban drama)
Weeds (That shit is funny, I'm only in Season 2)
Orange is the new Black (Read the book, nothing like the series)
The Walking Dead (I really wanna Doomsday Prep but Jason wont let me)
Revenge
Mad Men
Grey's Anatomy (But I'm about a season behind)
Scandal (Hello Shonda!)
The Americans (For the awesome fashion, not!)
Orphan Black
Catfish/Doomsday Preppers/Man Vs Food (My kind of reality TV)

Not one of these comes up to the quality of GG though!

Share your list or give me some suggestions!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
rorygilmoregirl93
Inn Manager

Community Points: 251

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 01:13:47 pm »

Heeeeey peeps!

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but thanks for putting this together B! This is a serious blast from the past in the best way!

In 2009 I was a sophomore in high school who had no real clue what she was doing (but totally thought she did!). I never expected to keep the friends I made on the org back in my middle school days, but somehow crazily enough, you all are still in my life! And apparently, I was still into myspace because it was linked on my profile  Huh

Rory/Alexis all the way

Is that person still your favourite?:
I'm gonna go with yes! Though I still love all of them

What still ties to you to the show/the boards these days?:
The show will always have a sweet spot in my heart and B is great enough to round us all up and herd us back onto the org, so thats why i'm here!

If you could put two GG actors on a show together today who would it be at what would the premise of the show be?
Don't even have an idea...will have to ponder this some more.

What was your favourite experience on the forum?:
Meeting all you cool peeps  Wink

Give us a quick catch up on your life:
Graduate high school in 2011, graduated from UCLA last weekend with a BA in International Development & a minor in African & Middle Eastern Studies. Went through some ups and downs and an ongoing fight against an eating disorder but am doing great and much happier in life than in years past!

What has happened in your life that you could never have expected back in your days on the forum?:
I'm not going to medical school  Shocked Middle school me wouldn't have believed that in a million years. I've also been to Uganda and Qatar, which no one saw coming back in the day.

What do you think the next five years will bring for you?:
A job, hopefully and some more trips back to Africa! Also, winning the lottery and becoming a millionaire.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:41:27 pm by rorygilmoregirl93 » Logged

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 03:39:48 pm »

I also tried to track Heidi via SamathaWho but that forum didn't have the staying power that we have had and is long gone. I find it hard to believe that she isn't passionately supporting a show somewhere though Smiley just which one!

I keep thinking about it off and on ever since I read it. She has to be supporting something! Cheesy I try to think of the type of shows she would passionately support, but can't decide for sure. I' sure she will stop by eventually. Hi Heidi!!

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: