ASP's newest show Bunheads airs on ABC Family in June
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:35:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  ASP's newest show Bunheads airs on ABC Family in June
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ASP's newest show Bunheads airs on ABC Family in June  (Read 7101 times)
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:44:05 am »

Finally, Amy is back with a new show! And on a channel that is already a proven fit for her (ABC Family airs reruns of GG). The premise found on IMDB sounds interesting!

"Michelle, a Las Vegas showgirl marries a man on a whim and moves to his sleepy coastal town where she winds up working alongside her new mother-in-law at her dance school."

In an interview ASP said this was important to her because she was a dancer for many, many years and knows that world inside and out.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:23:52 pm »

Actually just saw the promo for this on ABC Family (during a rerun of GG, go figure) and I'm pretty interested. I'm not usually into ABC Family original shows (their reruns rock) and I'm not really into dance shows but it looks very ASP so who knows, maybe I'll tune in.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:52:35 am »

The first episode premiered tonight (well, last night) and it was wonderful. Almost felt like an alternate reality of Gilmore Girls. Kelly Bishop is in it and plays a very different character from Emily Gilmore, but with a surprisingly similar relationship dynamic to the main character. Even the actress that played Gypsy is in it! The dialog is fast and witty and funny, it has quirky townsfolk... it really feels like it takes place in the same world as Gilmore Girls. I'm glad to see ASP back in fine writing form! Cheesy

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:51:42 pm »

I haven't seen it yet but I swear every time the previews for it play, I see Lorelai. It's a bit bittersweet. I'll watch it by the summer's end. I HAVE to!

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 06:50:49 am »

I can totally hang with this show. It's actually based on a novel by an American Ballet Company dancer, and the technical details are all grisly and accurate. Of course I was thinking about GG when I saw it the first time, and I'll be honest, I might never have watched it without the Dorothy Parker label. But I'm already hooked on the characters and the story so far is nutty and sweet like Gilmore Girls, but also completely unexpected and complex.

Has anyone else seen it? I think Drella was the neighbor in the Pilot.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: