Lauren Graham joins the cast of Scream 4...
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 01:01:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 99341 Members
Latest Member: Victoria9230018

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Lauren Graham joins the cast of Scream 4...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lauren Graham joins the cast of Scream 4...  (Read 2938 times)
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2010, 03:28:12 pm »

Shooting begins either this week or next week.

I believe her last horror film was the   1998 America remake of "Nightwatch" with Nick Nolte and Ewen McGregor.

Scream 4 is slated for an April 2011 release.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:16:56 pm »

Filming is to start on Monday, June 28th in Ann Arbor, Michigan not far from where I live..  They will also be filiming in Dearborn, Michigan at Woodworth Middle School which is 11.4 miles from my house and will be used for some flashback scenes. 

It is really cool because they already have posters up in theaters for it. 

You are right about Nightwatch being her first horror film if you can really call it that.  She wasn't in any of the horror parts, though.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:24:10 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 04:08:55 pm »

Actually, it's a remake of a thriller.  Not horror.  By the same director.

It was OK.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:29:27 pm »

Lauren has left the project.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:40:05 pm »

Yeah, they apparently cut her part down to just four lines.  I read that her part was "a fun role.  Not big, but it had some meaty scenes".  I guess there have been some major script changes for everyone and no one is happy with them.  Doesn't look good for the movie. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 01:45:20 pm »

Well, at least we won't have to see her get killed.

I don't think I can go for that.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »

Yeah, I don't think that I could handle that.  I don't think that I could handle her being a killer either.  I guess if she does do a horror movie, she had better only be scared or ruffed up a little.  Cheesy

I found out earlier today that they were taping in Northville, MI today just about two blocks from where I used to live.  And they were also taping in Livonia, MI that is about a mile and a half from where I used to work several years ago.  Both places still really close to where I live now.  If Lauren had still been in the movie, I would have gone to both places to see if she was there.  Oh, well, that's the story of my life.  lol

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 11:31:30 pm »

BSG's Mary McDonnell will replace Lauren in Scream 4.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 12:01:29 am »

How did you find out about Mary McDonnell replacing Lauren? 

Oh, my daughter just dropped this on me.  She works at the Barnes and Noble in Northville, Mi where they are fillming some scenes for the movie (Northville, not Barnes and Noble) and she said that some people connected with the movie were in there today and bought $1,800.00 + of bargin books to be covered with special book covers to be used in a library scene (not sure if a regular type library or a home library) and also for a book signing in the movie.  Maybe the library is actually a book store or something like that instead.  I can't believe she sat on this information for several hours before telling me.  Daughters!!!

EDIT:  Don't know if it was my daughters excitement in telling me or my excitement in hearing it or a bit of both but, it was $800.00 + in books, not $1,800.00. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:09:35 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 01:33:08 pm »

I heard a rumor that the role Lauren was to play was going to be... the killer.

Honestly, that would've been cool.

Has anyone seen Scary Movie?

Remember that scene when Shawn Wayans accidentally stabbed his fellow killer because he was upset because they cancelled The Wayans Brothers.  Imagine if Lauren did the same thing over the fact that Gilmore Girls never got a proper ending as she was joined by fellow former cast members while Scott Patterson complained that he ended up becoming a pancake in those Saw movies and Alexis Bledel got angry over some of the crap films she's been in.

I think that would've been great.  Even if most of the cast are filled with actors who can't really act.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 02:37:03 pm »

Your idea for the GG Scary Movie scene would be really funny. 

I don't think that Lauren's part would have been the killer, but then what do I know.  She would have had a bigger role in it and they wouldn't have cut it down to just four lines.  Unless they changed their minds because of what she said on Leno or because she wouldn't have been able to get it filmed in time to start filming "Parenthood".  In that case they would have to change who the killer is.  I guess we will never know.  Maybe after the movie comes out she will be able to talk about it and will say what her part would have been.  But then maybe she didn't know.  I read that the actors have only been given the first 75 pages of the script so no one should know who the killer is yet. 

EDIT:  Just for something to do yesterday, my daughter and I went to the place in Northville (just some homes a couple of blocks from where we used to live) and then drove past the Livonia Police station and Court House where it was said that they were filming and or just using as a base camp through August, but nothing was there.  They weren't filming at either place, but it was still cool just to drive by.  Today I drove to Dearborn and went by Woodworth Middle School (wow is it ever big for a middle school) which is being used as 'Woodsboro High School in the movie.  It looked pretty cool.  I wanted to stop and take some pictures but there were a lot of security people there and they wouldn't let me.  I was bummed because they were right there so I wouldn't be able to do anything plus they won't be filming there again until Tuesday (they are talking a long weekend for the holiday).  There were a lot of trailers in the back of the school with more security people there.  On the way back, I went by a medical building that was also being used but it wasn't much to see.  Now that I have that out of my system, I can let Scream 4 go.  I won't be going to the show to see it, but I will probably watch it once it comes on Demand or something just to see the buildings that are in my area that were used for the film. 

EDIT:  ULGH!!! They are back in Northville filming and also just the next main street over straight from where I live at the Red Holman Car Dealership and I can't get to either place today.  Drats!!!  I would really have been upset if Lauren was still in it and happened to be in either of these places.  I think they are in Dearborn today as well.

EDIT:  Oops, my bad.  It isn't Scream 4 that is at Red Holman, it is Machine Gun Preacher starring Gerard Butler. lol.  There are six or seven films being filmed close by and I got that one mixed up. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:03:24 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: