New ASP Project for the CW
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 11:49:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 106490 Members
Latest Member: MLechuga

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  New ASP Project for the CW
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New ASP Project for the CW  (Read 4714 times)
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:06:32 pm »

New ASP Project Set in Wyoming

GG meets Little House on the Prairie

Uh... no.

Sorry.  I think I'll continue waiting for the GG film.  I have a great way to open it.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:29:05 am »

Not really impressed with it now, but I will have to wait to get more info on it and see who will be in it before I totally pass on it. 

I want a GG movie or something more, too, but still not holding my breath for it.  I really don't think that it will ever happen.

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:02:03 am »

I think it's best to wait for a few years.  I would say something like 2012 would be the right time for the GG movie.

Yet, I don't think it should pick up where it left off.  It should take place 5 years after the series finale.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05:20 pm »

I think the longer they wait to do it, if they are going to do it, people will have lost interest in it.

If it does happen, I would like to see a little of the "what happens next" and at least a brief explanation as to how they got to where there are. What happened in that time frame that was skipped.  If it does happen a few more years down the road, they will have to make it start with a few years lapsed because they will have aged too much to just start from where they left off.   I'm not saying that they all look ancient, because they don't, but they will look older than when the show ended.

EDIT:  Well, I guess that it really wouldn't be that far away for those who are still able to watch it in reruns.  Especially for those who are fairley new to the show.  They sure wouldn't have lost interest in it.  Or would have all of the die hard fans.   But I am sure that a lot of people are no longer watching it since the show was cancelled and have moved on to newer shows.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:58:29 am by cherilee13 » Logged

willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »

Good to know, see if it airs next fall and what it's like.  Since i Loved GG, but didn't like ASP's next project --I've thankfully already forgotten its name, will have to take a wait and see attitude.  A movie could well happen, if there's a good angle and script.  Think of how successful Sex and the City movies have been, or the Star Trek ones.  A good movie could stand on its own, with the plus of drawing in some fans of the TV show.
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 09:56:35 pm »

I just read about this as well! I'm excited! It sounds interesting. But so does her other project in development for HBO.

What happens if BOTH shows get picked up? How will she stretch herself between two shows? Yikes.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 10:44:09 am »

It wouldn't be the first time that a creator/director did two or even three projects at the same time. 

As much as I would like to see a GG movie on the big screen or even TV, I really don't think that it would be anything that great.  Sometimes I think that I would love it if it did happen and it was really amazing but I really do have my doubts.  I feel that only the GG fans would want to watch it so if it did happen, I think that it would be best to be done as a TV movie.  My thoughts on the whole GG movie keeps changing.  Sometimes I want it and sometimes I am happy with how the show ended and I want it to just end there.  I would really hate it if a movie was made and it was terrible.  It would ruin the whole show for me. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:51:47 pm »

Well, a GG film is needed since the ending wasn't really satisfactory to a lot of fans and the people involved in the show.

Yet, it has to be something different.  I think the film everyone should see is Serenity and how it differs from the TV show Firefly.  It's gotta be something of its own that would appeal to fans as well as people who haven't seen the show.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »

Sorry for the double-post but...

new ASP Untitled Wyoming Project Dead
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 04:03:19 pm »

That's too bad for ASP, she just can't get anything picked up.  I would like to see something new from her and have it work out.

Don't know about the two shows that the CW did pick up.  Not sure if I will give them a try but we'll see.

I am glad that they did give Life Unexpected another season.  I like that show. 

I haven't watched One Tree Hill in a couple of years so I don't know what is going on with it and if another season is worth while.

gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 12:35:16 am »

Damn it! I was looking forward to The Damn Thorpes! Argh!

Do we know anything about ASP's project at HBO?

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: