Press Tour Scoop: Lauren Graham at home on 'Parenthood' - 01.10.2010
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:27:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Press Tour Scoop: Lauren Graham at home on 'Parenthood' - 01.10.2010
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Press Tour Scoop: Lauren Graham at home on 'Parenthood' - 01.10.2010  (Read 6873 times)
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:19:01 pm »

Press Tour Scoop: Lauren Graham at home on 'Parenthood' - 01.10.2010

by Michael Ausiello

Lauren Graham is back at press tour promoting a TV series and, suddenly, all is right with my world.

Three months since replacing Maura Tierney on NBC’s Parenthood, the ex-Gilmore Girls MVP raved about her new gig this afternoon during a Q&A with the cast.

“I felt like it could be a collaborative, positive experience and it has exceeded all of my expectations,” she enthused. “It’s just the most fun day at work.”

By all accounts, the feeling is mutual. Exec producer Jason Katims said the addition of Graham lightened the tone of the show significantly. “Lauren brings so much to the role,” he said, “and one of the things she brings is this incredible humor.”

Regarding Tierney’s health, Katims said the actress — who bowed out after being diagnosed with breast cancer — is “in treatment” and “doing really well.”

Parenthood debuts March 1.

Source: Ausiello Files

My New Website
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:10:24 pm »

Wow, i didn't know Jason Katims is the exec producer. I'm a Roswell fan. This is so cool! I'm of course looking forward to a new show but i'm not expecting much. Thanks for posting.  Smiley

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:01:12 pm »

Although I'm glad we'll get to see Lauren on TV again.

It's really just part of a clean-up after the debacle that NBC pulled over with Jay Leno.  Bottom line:  Leno sucks.  He always sucked.

I don't want him back on TV.  He had his time.  I'm team Conan!  Hell, let Jimmy Fallon on his own slot too.  He's decent.

I just want Lauren to be on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and be extremely silly.  Conan rules!!!!!  So does his boing-boing hair and Conan dance.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:07 am »

Thanks for bringing that over.  I wish that Ausiello would have been able to get an interview with Lauren, but I heard that she and a couple of the other Parenthood cast members had only stayed at the party that they had afterwards for just a short time.  I'm sure he will get one with her soon, though.

I don't think that NBC bringing in Parenthood has anything to do with cleaning up the whole debacle with the late night show drama that is going on.  Parenthood was suppose to be on back in the fall to start with.  It was just postponed because of what happened to Maura and was always planned to be on at some point.  However, they do have more shows lined up that they are hoping to bring in to help the whole mess out.  As dumb as NBC has been, I hope that they find a way to get past this blunder and all their past ones so that they can pick themselves up and start repairing their image.

I agree with you, I don't want Leno back on the Late Night schedule.  I don't like him on at 10pm or even like his new show.  I think that I have watched just a part of the show maybe three times since the change and that was only to see someone that I liked that he had on.  This new show that he has is really bad.  Heck, even the 'Headlines' are bad now.  I like Conan so much better and never felt that he was getting a fair chance with the Tonight Show because Jay was still there.  People who still wanted to watch Jay were still getting him and then the news and then went to bed without giving Conan a chance.  Well, actually, the NBC news was even taking a hit because of Jay's low ratings.

I am hoping that Lauren will be on Conan before he leaves.  They are so funny together and it is one of the interview shows that I really love seeing the silly side of Lauren. 

NBC Late Night should be Conan and Fallon.  Like you said, Jay had his time, now he needs to just go away.

Well, back to the Press Tour.  Here are some pictures from the TCA NBC press panel from 1-10-10 (which made for a great birthday present for me).   http://www.lauren-online.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=274

I have really been enjoying the promos for the show.  Although they say that it is a dramady, all we are getting is the comedy side.  If you haven't been seeing the promos, you can go to youtube or to the official Parenthood site at http://www.nbc.com/parenthood/home.shtml  and go to 'videos' to watch them.  They are really good. 

Just in case you haven't heard, Parenthood has been switched to start from Monday, March 1st at 9pm to Tuesday, March 2nd at 10pm.  I had a feeling that it would move to a 10pm slot if Jay's show was cancelled/moved. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 03:58:33 pm »

Plus, how many shows do you know had Salma Hayek dressed up as a man and the Flaming Lips with people in bunny suits in the same episode?
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 09:39:23 am »

HUH??  Am I forgetting or missed something?

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 06:22:37 pm »

Conan had Salma Hayek dressed up as a man and the Flaming Lips on a Halloween episode one time.  Plus, I remember the claymation episode that Conan had.

Jay never did that.

I bet if for some strange reason.  There would be a Gilmore Girls edition of Conan with the entire cast as their characters.

Jay Leno never did that.  He was just dull and made lame jokes.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 09:49:09 am »

Got ya.  Thanks.  I don't watch every show so miss that.

Yeah, Jay is boring. 

Always love the fun stuff that Conan has. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 10:47:13 am »

Oh, did you see the commercials during the Golden Globes?

The show looks funny.  My favorite one is Lauren going nuts on her daughter as if she was going to kill her.  The 2nd is when her son catches her and her new boyfriend trying to steal food and she's says "I'm so dead". 

She looked great last night at the Globes.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 08:45:44 am »

Yes, I did catch all of the commercials during the Golden Globes.  I loved the way NBC set up the one that led right into her presenting spot on the show. 

I love those two as well.  Have you watched the one where she lunges at Amber (Mae) in slow motion?  It is a riot.  Oh do I love that look on Lauren's face.  I don't think that it was the 'stealing of food' that she is so dead about  Wink, but it is really funny.  I love her head hanging.  It seems that she will be doing it a lot in the show.  She even does it after her "You can be the best" when she drops the kids off for their first day at the new school.  So far everything that they are showing is funny, but last I heard it is suppose to be a dramady.  I hope that it will have a serious side, too.  Well at least I think it would be great for the show.  I don't know how it will work for the show when it comes down to awards, though.  It will end up like Gilmore Girls and not be able to find it's nitch in what catagory it should fall.  It really looks great and I can't wait until March 2nd to see it.  I hope it does really well and that it will be picked up to come back for the fall season where it belongs. 

I am kind of worried about how the rest of the cast is going to feel about Lauren getting most of the publicity for the show when it is suppose to be an ensemble cast show.  I'm not sure if when Maura was to be in it if she would have been the one with the most attention or not.  I hope that the rest of the cast don't resent Lauren for all of the attention she is getting and how the promos and other advertising of the show make it look like she is the main character and make her feel uncomfortable there. 

Lauren did look gorgeous at the Golden Globes.  So Pretty in Pink. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: