GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 25, 2020, 08:51:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kims on Grey's Anatomy  (Read 22468 times)
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »

I don't know if any of you also love grey's anatomy, but lately it's been gilmore girls fever over there!  the March 12th episode featured susane lee (aka Mrs. Kim's foreign exchange student, Kyon) as a band geek with a heart problem.  it was interesting to see her without her trademark korean accent!  next week's episode (March 19) features Mrs. Kim (Emily Kuroda) herself!  i'm so excited to see who she plays! 

spunkie
java junkie
half literati/half headliner
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
fabulous, not mondofabulous?"
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:33:19 pm »

What is going on.  Lane was on ER and Rory is about to be on the show's series finale.  Kyon was on Grey's Anatomy and Mrs. Kim is going to show up?

Is Amy conspiring a way to get the show back on the air?
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 02:06:30 pm »

I THOUGHT that band girl was her, but w/o the thick Korean accent it was tough. However I DID recognize Mrs Kim, I went nuts.

Alexis is going to be on ERs season finale?!  Okay, I used to watch ER (pronounces er in my house) back in the day and I've considering watching the finale.  Now hearing Alexis is on it, I SOOO will When is it?

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 02:43:01 pm »

Mrs.Kim was very nice and cute on Grey's. I was like "WHO IS THAT??"  Shocked It was nice seeing her. Lane was also on Private Practice, i think.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:08:39 am »

AND! paris (liza weil) has been cast to play a cancer patient on grey's anatomy too!  what is up with all of these GG alums on greys?

spunkie
java junkie
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:18 am »

AND! paris (liza weil) has been cast to play a cancer patient on grey's anatomy too!  what is up with all of these GG alums on greys?
Ohmigosh, serious?! Yay!

I love this random Gilmore casting. Smiley

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:36:26 pm »

Ah just saw her(Paris) tonight.  With the scarf I didn't even recognizer her at first, but I liked her.  A much more slow character, but very believing!  Liza, is such a talented actress.  As soon as I recognized her I practically screamed!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
James
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -12

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 09:29:56 pm »

Mrs.Kim was very nice and cute on Grey's. I was like "WHO IS THAT??"  Shocked It was nice seeing her. Lane was also on Private Practice, i think.

I too liked her!!

Rock gives children, on a silver platter, with all the public authority of the entertainment industry, everything their parents always used to tell them they had to wait for until they grew up and would understand later.
-Allan Bloom
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 11:11:01 pm »

It's so freaky how the evil character in GG like Paris and Mrs. Kim are so sweet and smiley on Grey's. I had trouble recognizing Paris. She just was so normal.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:45:41 pm »

Can anyone post screencaps of their appearances when they're available?  I still have no interest in watching the show.  It's just not my thing.
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 05:31:31 am »

You think that's weird? Imagine how strange it was for me to see two GG gueststars in Stars Hollow's town square on a completely different show (Terminator) recently. Crazy.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 03:40:40 pm »

Can anyone post screencaps of their appearances when they're available?  I still have no interest in watching the show.  It's just not my thing.
i couldn't find any screenshots of mrs. kim, but here is one of paris:
http://www.tv.com/liza-weil/person/2648/viewer.html?ii=1&grti=104&gri=2648&flag=  (i'm not sure how to post the actual image)

You think that's weird? Imagine how strange it was for me to see two GG gueststars in Stars Hollow's town square on a completely different show (Terminator) recently. Crazy.

Who was on terminator??

spunkie
java junkie
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
bensgirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

Colin, you forgot you milkmaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 04:35:47 pm »

i had never noticed before but Emily is the mom in Dirty Dancing
and i saw kirk on some other show, but i cannot recal what it was...

"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight..."
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 09:51:18 pm »

liz danes was on last night's greys!  best news ever!

spunkie
java junkie
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 10:29:55 pm »

A little behind on these comments but better late than never:

Actually there were three guys from Gilmore Girls on the same Terminator: The Sarah Conor Chronicles episode.  It was titled Desert Cantos and Max Perlich (Rune), Jim Jansen (Rev. Skinner) and Adam Wylie (Brad Langford) were all on the same show.  It WAS really weird seeing them all in the same episode of a different show, plus seeing them in that show and standing in what used to be the Stars Hollow town square.

Wow, I thought that everyone knew that Kelly Bishop (Emily) played Baby's mom in Dirty Dancing.  I am sure that is why they made so many Dirty Dancing references on Gilmore Girls.

Plus, for a lack of knowing where to put this and I am already here, I am putting this little ditty here, too:  On Friday's season opener of Ugly Betty, when Wilhelmina (Vanessa Williams) and her daughter, Nico, had to explain to a detective where they were one night, they said that they were at home watching a Gilmore Girls marathon and mentioned how they talked so fast on that show.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Love it when the show is referenced on other shows. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: