Lauren Graham signs for ABC comedy - 12.28.2008
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 05:32:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100234 Members
Latest Member: PAtkinson

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Lauren Graham signs for ABC comedy - 12.28.2008
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Lauren Graham signs for ABC comedy - 12.28.2008  (Read 11248 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 09:31:35 pm »

Caryn ~ Your welcome.  It has been fun trying to keep up with information on the show.  Thanks for putting faces to the names.  It makes it easier to picture them.  Have you read the sides for the show that I gave a link for?  It is really funny.  I, too, hope that ABC treats this show a lot better.  It sounds like it is going to be really good.  It has a great line up of actors already signed up for it.  I can't get my mind wrapped around Holly Robinson Peet playing Dr. Macy Day since I read that she was to be a heavy set woman, but I like her and I know that once I see the show I will accept her in the part.  I know everyone else, too, and from reading the sides, I see them really fitting into each of the characters they will be playing. 

I am really anxious to see this show, too.  Can't wait. 

I love that pic of Lauren from Evan Almighty, freckles and all.  Would really love to see her with no make up just to see how many freckles she does have.  I'll bet she is really cute with them showing.

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 11:38:34 pm »

It is a great shot of Lauren isn't it.  She's such a natural beauty and I love those kinds of photos of her.  I tell you it was hard to get those pictures up for some of them.  They have their people working overtime on making sure things aren't accesible without a fee!  Funnily enough the lesser known ones were harder Cheesy

I hadn't read the sides as when I went to download them last time it kept glitching and I couldn't get it.  Just tried again though and I got it.  I had a few laugh out loud moments.  And I have to say it's really fun to read these things when you can put faces to the characters.

Macy = Holly I thought the same thing myself intially but then it said that she loses 100 pounds when she gets the TV gig, so makes sense.

I already have a ship picked out too.  How sad is that!?! Tongue Cheesy  Don't want to say much more in case people feel that is being spoiled but if anybody wants to chat about the sides I'd be happy to meet in the spoiler threads and discuss away!

Please read Forum Rules
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 05:46:58 pm »

I am going to have to go back and re-read the sides.  I don't remember Dr. Macy Day losing l00 pounds.  I must have been more interested in Bridget's parts : Tongue

That is funny that the lesser known ones were the hardest to find pictures of with out fees. Strange. 

I am going to have to go back and see if I can print up the changes to the sides.  I was trying to get those yesterday but couldn't.  I will have to go do that right now. 

Kupo
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 242

Special K

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 12:40:12 am »

Jeffrey Tambour is Marty (Bridget's business manager)

Hah! He sort of looks like my uncle.

Sig made by me, 'cause I'm awesome and unique!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 06:29:52 pm »

Kupo, you can always make me laugh even if it is something as simple as that Cheesy.  Not that I think he is funny looking, it was just funny how that came up. 

I really think that Jeffrey is going to be great as Bridget's business manager.  I can see the two of they working well off of each other. 

Saw Lauren on the View today and looking at her, I thought that Bridget would be a good name for her.  I didn't think so at first, but I do now.  I was a bit surprised that Lauren almost gave up the chance to do Guys and Dolls because of doing the pilot for The Bridget Show.  I am really glad that things were worked out in advance so that she could do both. 

Kupo
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 242

Special K

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:29 pm »

Kupo, you can always make me laugh even if it is something as simple as that Cheesy.  Not that I think he is funny looking, it was just funny how that came up. 

I am a laff and a half!!!

*jigs*

Sig made by me, 'cause I'm awesome and unique!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 01:05:50 pm »

Oh, I think you are a full two laughs!!! Cheesy Cheesy

James
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -12

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »

Very nice pics honkifuluvGG!! thanks for sharing.

Rock gives children, on a silver platter, with all the public authority of the entertainment industry, everything their parents always used to tell them they had to wait for until they grew up and would understand later.
-Allan Bloom
James
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -12

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 09:30:38 pm »

Finally she's going to be back on TV.

Yes!!!

Rock gives children, on a silver platter, with all the public authority of the entertainment industry, everything their parents always used to tell them they had to wait for until they grew up and would understand later.
-Allan Bloom
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 10:30:39 am »

Don't get too excited, it looks like the show won't be picked up.

gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 05:40:52 am »

Won't be picked up? They haven't even shot the pilot yet. Why won't it be picked up?

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 04:22:30 pm »

The Pilot was shot the beginning of April.  There was a lot of great talk and promise for the show, but the upfronts have already happened and the show was not picked up.  Hopefully they can rework it so that it is better and will be able to be picked up in Jan. as a mid season show like it was originally going to be.  If not, I hope that Lauren will get another show to put out there or more movies (hopefully ones that will actually make it to the big screen). 

gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 11:58:33 pm »

The imdb page for the show Let It Go was updated June 16, 2009 and it still says PreProduction . . .

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: