Lauren Graham signs for ABC comedy - 12.28.2008
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 06:56:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122299 Members
Latest Member: MatthewKaw

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Lauren Graham signs for ABC comedy - 12.28.2008
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lauren Graham signs for ABC comedy - 12.28.2008  (Read 11806 times)
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2008, 09:22:24 am »

“Gilmore Girls” star Lauren Graham is on her way back to television, courtesy of ABC.

Graham is set to star in a comedy for the network where she’ll play a self-help counselor who has trouble following her own advice. ABC has given a production commitment to the show, Variety reports.

The series, created by former “Will & Grace” writer Alex Herschlag, will be Graham’s first since “Gilmore Girls” ended its seven-season run on The CW in May 2007. The actress signed a development deal at NBC last year, but nothing resulted from it.

The currently untitled comedy centers on Graham’s character, a self-help expert who helps women reduce stress in their lives. Her own life gets disrupted, though, following a breakup.

Since “Gilmore Girls” left the air, Graham has appeared in the feature films “Evan Almighty” and “Flash of Genius.” She also stars in the indie film “Arlen Faber,” which will be part of the 2009 Sundance festival.

Herschlag will executive produce the show with Mitch Hurwitz (“Arrested Development”), Kim Tannenbaum and Eric Tannenbaum (“Two and a Half Men”) via Hurwitz and the Tannenbaums’ production company Tantamount.

Source Tulsaworld.com

My New Website
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:35:54 pm »

Yesss! Finally she's going to be back on TV. I've been waiting for this since GG ended. Hopefully, this show goes well, it sounds good. =)
HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Oh, Luke... How I love thee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:36:52 am »

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I'm so watching this!

Ding! You're a fairy!
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:30:31 pm »

I'm not really understanding when this pilot is shooting . . . She said something about doing the pilot WHILE she was on Broadway . . . does that mean she is shooting it for next fall?

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
kaygal
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 06:37:01 am »

wow can't wait! There's been a big TV void in my life since GG ended resulting in me re-watching endless eps on DVD, maybe this will cure me of it! lol Grin
djtiaowu
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 01:22:41 am »

Finally she's going to be back on TV.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 04:50:13 pm »

It is really good to hear that things are proceeding with Lauren's new TV show.  Lucy Davis (Studio 60) has been signed on to the cast as Bridget's (Lauren) assistant.    Oh, yeah, there is a title change here, too.  It is now called The Bridget Show. 

If you want to read a bit of the script, you can download sides at http://www.sendspace.com/file/47sbw4

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:36:57 pm »

Sorry to be double posting, but a lot of times when I edit a post that has a link in it, the link doesn't work for some reason.

We now have two more people attached to "The Bridget Show" where Lauren plays the Love Guru, Bridget O'Shea

Lucy Davis has been attached for a while.  She will be playing Bridget's assistant

The two newbies attached to it are:

Holly Robinson Peete who will play Dr. Macy Day the guest therapist on Bridget's show and who later takes over the show.

and

Josh Braaten who will play Chris Hopper the stoner cousin of Brent, Bridgets recent ex-boyfriend.

I read the sides yesterday and it is a really funny show.  It had me laughing a lot.  I can really see Lauren playing this part.  I can't wait to see the show and who they will get to play the parts of Brent and Bridget's new love interest.  They had better really be great guys. 

wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 04:47:00 pm »

i don't know if i will be able to watch it!  the whole time i will be wishing it was GG!

spunkie
java junkie
half literati/half headliner
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
fabulous, not mondofabulous?"
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 05:52:40 pm »

I watch several episodes of Gilmore Girls daily, but it never gets in the way when I watch Lauren in something else wheather it be another TV show (pre GG on DVD) or movie or even clips from Guys and Dolls.  I love seeing her do different things and never think of Lorelai when watching her in something else.  She is so amazing at what she does and she is always different when she is playing each different part.  Not like a lot of actors who just seems like the same person in everything that they do.  That really bugs me a lot.  I can't wait to see her do the stuff that I read her character will be doing in The Bridget Show.  It is going to be so different from Gilmore Girls. 

Note for my post prior to this one re: new cast memebers for The Bridget Show.  I was kind of surprised to see that Holly Robinson Peete is going to play the part of Dr. Macy Day.  In the discription of the character, they say that she is over weight.  I know that it isn't written in stone and leaves a lot of room for change.  Heck, the part of the diner owner in Gilmore Girls was to be a woman (thank goodness they changed that one Cheesy).  I was just a bit surprised. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:59:56 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

forfun
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »

I can't wait any longer Roll Eyes

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 11:57:53 am »

Lauren will be taking six or seven days off from Guys and Dolls the beginning of April to go to LA to shoot the pilot for The Bridget Show.  She will take three days off then go back to NY for a few days then go back to LA for three or four more days to finish up the pilot.  I am glad to see that they are pushing forward with the TV show, but then I am also sad for any of her fans who are going to see Guys and Dolls when she won't be there.  I am really getting anxious to see the show even though I really don't want the rest of this year to go by too fast. 

EDIT:  Actual dates that Lauren will be in LA shooting the pilot are April 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, 15th and 16th. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:07:58 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 04:09:51 pm »

Jeffrey Tambor has signed on to play Bridget/Lauren's business manager Marty in the show.  The cast just keeps getting better.  Still on pins and needles as to who will play Brent and the new love interest for Bridget.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 04:16:07 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 12:46:04 pm »

Jeffrey Tambor!  SWEET!!!!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 04:32:41 pm »

I'm getting more and more excited for this with every addition.  Jeffrey Tambour is a brilliant casting - love his work.  Thanks for the updates Cheri.

I'm only hoping that ABC treats it a bit better than it's other sitcoms.  Not feeling a lot of love for them at the moment.

Thought I might also post the castings with some photo's so that I could put some faces to names that I'm not too familiar with.

Lauren Graham is Bridget O'Shea

Jeffrey Tambour is Marty (Bridget's business manager)

Holly Robinson Peet is Dr Macy Day

Lucy Davis is Bridget's assistant

Josh Braaten is Chris Hopper
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 04:37:59 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: