6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 03:29:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100215 Members
Latest Member: HWeiner

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: 6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin  (Read 41825 times)
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2007, 11:55:17 am »

Actually, I think a marriage is a union of two people.  The wedding is just the trappings of getting to the marriage.  Fun trappings, for some people important trappings, but I don't think it demines the coupling of two people in the important aspect of the joining if the planning is done by one person. 

True.  And frankly I wouldn't mind if Luke and Lorelai didn't have a big wedding.  They could elope for all I care, as long as they get married.  I SO want a happy ending for them. 

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2007, 02:54:40 pm »

Actually, I think a marriage is a union of two people.  The wedding is just the trappings of getting to the marriage.  Fun trappings, for some people important trappings, but I don't think it demines the coupling of two people in the important aspect of the joining if the planning is done by one person. 

True. And frankly I wouldn't mind if Luke and Lorelai didn't have a big wedding. They could elope for all I care, as long as they get married. I SO want a happy ending for them.

As much as I would prefer a big romantic wedding for the two of them. I just really want them to get married no matter how they do it.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
crayolamarker66333
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2007, 01:12:56 pm »

Did anybody notice in scene "Flowers and Fruit" that when Luke was going over to April, the trees were covered in snow, but yet there were still leaves on the trees.. I find if annoying, he, he!
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2007, 12:55:31 pm »

I like April
i just wish she could hang out with Lorelai
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2007, 12:23:09 pm »

I like April
i just wish she could hang out with Lorelai

April, to me is a little annoying. But, yes, considering she is Luke's daughter I agree she should have been able to hang with Lorelai.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2008, 08:40:48 pm »

Just watched this episode again and I guess the last time I saw it, I hadn't seen The O.C. before so I didn't really get the "Welcome to the S.H. bitch!" reference. Now it had me laughing for a long time! And I just understood the Algernon reference too! Gilmore episodes never get old cause there's always new stuff you could've missed before. That's why it's the best series on television. Never gets old.

Sad episode, though. =[

August 6th! 
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2008, 05:28:28 pm »

The first crack of the Luke/Lorelai Pt. 2 relationship had just happened.  Luke, did something stupid by not telling Lorelai and he just had bad timing.

It was cute seeing him with his daughter but once she found out innocently, she looked pissed.  I was expecting her to be really angry and beat the crap out of him.  The way their postponed everything and Luke's reaction was again, him holding back and starting to push Lorelai away. 

Logan's attempts to win Rory back was funny with the coffee and flowers.  Then he goes to Lorelai to be on her good page as she reluctantly... gives him a shot. 

Paris, now going power-crazy and well, it's not working as the Yale News staff are planning a coup. 

Zach, jealous of Lane's new boyfriend when really, that's her uncle.  "Welcome to the S.H. bitch!" was funny.  Zach is dumb but a loveable, dumb guy. 

Taylor is hilarious.  From the opening scene to him being in disguise.  I like Michael Winters, he's a great comic foil.  Part of me wants the show to return so he can just say the following from the most recent Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8 episode... "DAMN YOU, KATIE HOLMES!!!!  DAMN YOU!!!!!!!"
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2008, 06:56:27 pm »

just watched again the other day.
it should be comforting for lorelai to know that after 2 years, gwen & gavin are STILL together!  Grin

Zach, jealous of Lane's new boyfriend when really, that's her uncle. "Welcome to the S.H. bitch!" was funny. Zach is dumb but a loveable, dumb guy.

the first time i saw this episode i missed the OC reference, but when i caught it again this time i was totally cracking up for a good few minutes. it was so great and i loved how it seemed effortlessley thrown in there!  Grin

Paris, demonic ruler of the Yale Daily News, <3 it  Grin, it was actually one of my favorite little little sub-plots of the season. I love paris when she goes into classic paris mode

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
iatmyhome
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2009, 07:28:27 pm »

me too i also love gavin
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2009, 11:49:57 am »

An anvil should've dropped on Luke' head, CLUELESS Much?

Lorelai looked really crushed when he agreed to postpone the wedding. Embarrassed
Corey_Gilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Watch out for that spork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2009, 01:39:53 am »

Zach: Welcome to the SH, bitch!
This is a pun on what was said to Ryan in the pilot of The O.C., when they said 'Welcome to the OC, bitch!' S.H. is Stars Hollow. Ironically, The O.C. starred Adam Brody, who played Lane's ex-boyfriend Dave on this show

btw April is cuuute!

If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there on the next train

Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2009, 10:36:50 am »

What i don't get is why luke is hiding april like that. It almost seems like he's scared and emberrassed about having a daughter he didn't know about and thats what gets to me cause lorelai is his freak'n fience she should have been the first person Luke told

I'm very happy about logan's attempt to win Rory back!!! I love them together!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: