6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 08:10:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 113879 Members
Latest Member: B95F

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: 6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin  (Read 43196 times)
MegNatalia
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2006, 02:52:51 pm »

I'm new to the site, so forgive me if I'm out of sync with everyone else, but at first I was really upset that Luke wanted to postpone the wedding, and now I'm sort of more sympathetic with him.  After all, Lorelai set everything up completely without him, including setting the date for June without even talking to him about it!  Why didn't she let him be involved?  And since she did it, does she have a right to be mad at him for not being ready?
Sis
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

Lorilei and Luke are so cute!!!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2006, 03:54:45 pm »

They have WAY too many commericails. I couldn't even enjoy the show!! I think they should give us an episode to watch, not a commercial! Seriously! would it of been that hard to get into a LITTLE more detail! Its so wrong what they are doing to the show! they are heading down a terrible path!
I agree!  Every like 5 minutes i was switching the chanel and watching friends because it was another commercial.  We missed out on a lot of possible Gilmore Girls!
That's why all of you girls need to get a little box i like to call TiVo!!!!!  it really is a beautiful thing
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2006, 04:04:57 pm »

Haha, that would be nice.  I know some people who have it, but I just use tapes, though my mom taped something for me on monday and did the wrong chanel, so if I had tivo i would have set it to the correct changel.  But....Smiley

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Alliansa
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 81

British and Proud :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2006, 05:52:18 am »

I only just saw this episode. I absolutely loved it. GG has gone off the chart this season ^_^. I just want to say to Luke 'Told ya so!' (If you know me, I was always berating him for not saying anything...)

I'm not unorganised. I suffer from anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Lauren/Lorelai fan forever. Luke now sucks in my eyes :p.
Dazzle
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2006, 02:28:10 am »

Hi,
I'm Sara , from Australia. I'm new to the forum. I just watched this episode. It was great. I really like how Luke is trying to be a good father to April. I can't wait to see where things go next.
xx Sara

Credit to Bray for this sig
Canuck
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2006, 07:36:51 am »

After all, Lorelai set everything up completely without him, including setting the date for June without even talking to him about it!  Why didn't she let him be involved? 

I don't think Luke is the 'wedding planning' type!  Cheesy  I would think he would be more than happy to let Loreli do all the planning. Besides, let's face it: Weddings are more for the bride than the groom. I mean, when they're standing at the altar, who are you looking at? I'm totally looking at the bride's dress and the bride's maids's dresses. The groom is almost like another accessory!  Cheesy  I don't understand the postponing the wedding though. What does one thing have to do with the other. Him having a daughter shouldn't change the fact that he loves L. If he hooks up with Anna (?) I'll scream.

'I am having a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt. WHO would like a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt?
jjeanie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2006, 09:36:21 am »

I seriously doubt Lorelai would write a letter like that to Rory. It would definately be written by a Dean-lover-fan! Its not like Lorelai really liked Rory and Dean seeing each other anyway! He was Married!! Sif she would write something like that!

No! Dont mention the hooking up with Anna thing! That would be terrible!!! Luke and Lorelai are perfect together. They've waited this long. They should have some happy couple-y times! Having Anna and lil April is such a bummer ......hey did you guys notice the L&L and A&A? Weird. I guess its good that April isn't short for Anna ... is it? (o_O) Even though I dont really like the new twist in things...I think that post poneing the wedding was a good , understanding suggestion from Lorelai... I mean Luke's got to have time to get to know his kid ... and vice versa... as well as Lorelai and Rory... I mean they'd all be a kinda family...
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2006, 09:47:23 am »

I don't think Luke is the 'wedding planning' type!  Cheesy  I would think he would be more than happy to let Loreli do all the planning. Besides, let's face it: Weddings are more for the bride than the groom. I mean, when they're standing at the altar, who are you looking at? I'm totally looking at the bride's dress and the bride's maids's dresses. The groom is almost like another accessory!  Cheesy 

I disagree.  Just because a man isn't the "wedding planning" type does not mean he doesn't want to be involved.  Dave isn't what I would call the wedding planning type, but he wanted to be involved with all of our wedding planning (and not for financial reasons or anything like that).  He would have been hurt and upset if I had planned the whole thing and not involved him at all.

A wedding is about the union of two people.  What does it mean when that union is only being represented by one person?  When only one person's thoughts and ideas were used?

I truly hope the writers realize this, and when the wedding is back on BOTH Lorelai and Luke will plan it TOGETHER.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2006, 11:14:50 am »

Actually, I think a marriage is a union of two people.  The wedding is just the trappings of getting to the marriage.  Fun trappings, for some people important trappings, but I don't think it demines the coupling of two people in the important aspect of the joining if the planning is done by one person. 

My brother's only contribution to his wedding was to get to the chapel and wear a suit (and he was happy to have had one from his graduation, because he didn't want to buy a new one).  He didn't want to pick the place, or the food or the flowers or anything like that.  Tha doesn't mean that he wasn't fully committed to getting married, or that he didn't see it as a union. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Lorein_ARG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2006, 11:44:08 pm »

I didn´t get to read all the pages of this thread, so I´m sorry If i repeat anything. Then I´ll check and eventually modify it.

The nicest things about the episode were: the Doggy Swammi (so sweeet!), Rory´s point of view about Luke having a kid and Lorelai´s coat!
I liked lots of things, Luke and April scenes are nice and it seems that both are trying to know each other, in their own ways. The dictator Paris was hilarious, it was as if she studied Hitler´s way of walking when she was at the newspaper. And knowing her, maybe she did it. But I wouldn´t like Rory to become the editor so easily as someone said before. She´s been out from Yale for about a semester, and she should be hard studying to catch up and things should be hard for her! (i mean, talking about college and work) It isn´t fair.
i also liked Luke and Lorelai´s talk right after she discovered, they were both very honest and open about their feelings. It´s a pity that it didn´t last.
I didn´t like some silly lines of the script, like Luke and Lorelai speaking on the phone, wasn´t she at the square in front of the diner? Wasn´t it better to go inside? Why do they waste their money like that!?! That korean boy being a Lane relative, it was kind of obvious. And the town meeting at 3.00... i think it was even Taylor´s out of character, and that´s a lot to say.

About the wedding. I think it was out of character of Luke to agree to pospone it. But I don´t really like the idea that the whole 6th season story-line is about a wedding. What about the parent-children dynamics (Lorelai and Emily, Rory and Lorelai, Mrs Kim and Lane and so on)? Well, that focus is set on April and Luke now. But why does it take too much to plan a wedding?
 I would have liked better if they did an "express" wedding. It wasn´t possible because Rory and Lorelai were fighting, but I would have liked a wedding like Liz and TJ´s. It was organized in a week, Luke took part of it and it was perfect! "You slow down you die" Liz said, and I think she was right. And I think it is more important to have a marriage, not only a wedding. And if Lorelai and Luke care more about the wedding than the marriage, they they´ll have none (and GG will have no more viewers).

If Luke wants to hang out with his kid, and wants to marry Lorelai, and wants them both in his life, the best thing to do is to ask April for help to organize the wedding. Lorelai would agree, and April wouldn´t be jealous because his recently-found daddy is going to marry a nice woman.

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
OiWithThePoodles
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Stop the noodle scooz.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2006, 12:00:57 am »

I've taken to not watching the entire episode, knowing full well that I will be disappointed and crushed at the look on Lorelai's face.

If you just watch the first few minutes of the episode, I've got to say one of my favorite Babette lines comes in the 3 AM town meeting (or clown beating...Yes, again).  Taylor is at his sisters, where his nephew throws ping pong balls at him and calls him a doo-doo head.  He continues to babble...And...

Lorelai:  "Is he gettin' to the point soon?"
Babette: "Yeah, come on doo-doo head."

Classic.

Kirk: Hello? How 'bout that coffee?
Lorelai: I got it.
Luke: Thanks.
Kirk: But, but – mine's a quarter caf.
Lorelai: Huh?
Kirk: Three-fourths decaf, one-fourth caffeinated.
Lorelai: I four-fourths don't care.
Kirk: Fill it up.
jjeanie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2006, 07:05:54 am »

I've taken to not watching the entire episode, knowing full well that I will be disappointed and crushed at the look on Lorelai's face.

Why wouldn't u watch the whole episode?!?!?!?!?!?
I craveeeeeeee Gilmore girls!!! How could you not watch it all!  I hate it when the episode ends... I wish it was longer... I wish there was more!  Each gilmore girls episode needs to be savoured..re-watched and re-watched to fully understand all the bits!
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 340

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2006, 01:12:34 pm »

i like the fact that the show is so up to date and talks about famous people or things that are happening just now

it is so funny when rory starts to talk about gwen stefani !!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:13:39 pm by talkingfriend » Logged

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
uncledub
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

I haven't had that much fun since labor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2007, 04:27:59 pm »

i just rewatched this episode for the 10th time or so. so i'm not bothering to talk about the drama. the only thing i am going to say is that the oc pisstake is pissfunny and also... how come gwen stefani has been mentioned 4-5 times even tho lane and rory has talked about how much they don't liker her or no doubt.

Luke: Rory was a kid, Dean. She grew up. She moved on. Accept it.
Dean: You accept it. This town, it’s all you are, and it’s not enough. She’s going to get bored, and you can’t take her anywhere. You’re here forever.
Luke: It’s different.
Dean: It’s not different. You and me. Same thing.
miri000
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2007, 09:50:29 pm »

hello everyone
am new to this site and forum so if i ask a question and it was already covered i am soo sorry but i could not read 9 looooooooooooooooong pages of info i have a question that has been killing me for some time now so i hope one of you nice people can answer it 
in this episode lorelai writes a message to rory when logan asks for her help winning her back and because of that message rory forgives logan now what was written in that letter it has been driving me crazy
so please somebody respond before i lose my mind completely
thank you
luda
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: